“DONT go there” 1 of 5 stars
Review of France Eiffel Hotel

Save Saved
You added France Eiffel Hotel to your Saves list
France Eiffel Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 rue Saint Charles | 15th Arr., 75015 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Ranked #1,335 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
england
“DONT go there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

just come back from Paris, had booked into this hotel, and when we arrived the Receptionist was pleasant, the hotel looked shabby,
had to go up stairs to suite, there was tape on the carpet to hold it down, the doors had a lick of paint (undercoat) and not done properly, arriving at door we noticed a hole in the wall which looked right into our room,
the suite was dirty, and the bath was so dirty it looked like animals had been in there with dirty paws, and the dirt had dried out,
we all felt itchy, and came up with rashes on our legs,
the dresser had cloth on which was very badly stained, could not get into bathroom as bed was in way,
we didn't even unpack, (we were not going to hang our clothes in that place),
I don't know how this place got a 3 star, we would not have given it a one star,
We complained and was told to sleep that night and we would be moved the next day, we said we could not even stay one night, so we went out found ourselves another hotel which was fabulous, and then went back to France Eiffel and told the receptionist we were leaving, he said we would have to go back the next day to see the manager, (we didn't, we got in touch with Booking.com and they said if Hotel France stopped money from my bank, they would try to get it back, I then phoned my bank and told them to stop payment, as I had not signed for them to stop the money, up to now, 3 days later no money has been taken, and if it does get stopped I would be taking the matter further,
This hotel is more like a hostel, avoid it if you are a clean person and don't want to ruin your stay in France,
this is a true statement and I have photo's to prove,

Room Tip: Try Hotel Eiffel seine, this is where we stayed and it was spotlessly clean, staff excellent, great...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed in room 12 which was very nice and clean. Although there were no remote control for the tv. At reception they couldn't give us one either. Over all it was a very good stay and reception staff was helpful and friendly too. I'd definitely go back again!

• Stayed September 2013
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The location was good, but the staff were not prepared to deal with tourists. One allowed me for a late check out, one hour after regular time, the other called me at 11:30 kind of pissed I was still in the room. Its not my fault if they don't talk to each other. When I needed some help to make a call I decided to do it on my own, cause they werent helpful at all. Its much better to stay in an international brand like Ibis for the same price and asure you gonna have an international pattern of service. Its a shame!

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had very small room but it didn't bother us as we didn't come to Paris to spend time in the hotel. Our room had really tiny shower so if you over size 18 you will struggle.
But breakfast was absolutely amazing! Really good, had loads of cheese, yogurt, juices, cereal loads of croissants, ham selection even parma ham.
Overall enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.
Short distance to Eiffel Tower but not 5 mins like its advertised on their website.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights, 22-26th July.

The man at the desk when we got there was very friendly, nice and helpful. Room tiny but we didn't come to Paris to sit in the hotel.

There were roadworks starting at around 5am every morning right outside the hotel. If you had your window open it was so loud it was unbareable. If you did close your window it would be so hot you cant sleep either. So basically never got a decent nights sleep (or my partner) the whole time we were there. No fans on offer or anything to help. No warning regarding the roadworks

Both the female receptionists were incredibly rude. I once said bounjour to the woman twice and completely ignored me. Even the cleaning ladies where more friendly!

Would not recommend staying here, unless in the winter

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hotel is not located in the nicest part of Paris, but it is very close to the metro station and within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower. Staff were friendly, room was comfortable and internet worked fine. Great value for money

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

If you plan on spending most of your time outside then this is a fine place. It has a great location right near 2 major subway stations and the Eiffel Tower is a short walk away. There is also a great local brassiere on the corner to get steak frites or a croissant in the morning.
The rooms are small and outdated. The walls are thin so you'll be able to hear your neighbors and they can hear you.

The shower is tiny so if you are a wide person, you might have issues.

It is not a bad place for one but I wouldn't recommend it for couples. With that in mind. The staff are very accommodating and if I remain a bachelor I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to France Eiffel Hotel? Share your experiences!