“Would recommend Duquesne Eiffel Hotel for paris stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Duquesne Eiffel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 Avenue Duquesne, 75007 Paris, France   |
Ranked #112 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Zürich
“Would recommend Duquesne Eiffel Hotel for paris stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

Booked the hotel trough (http://www.duquesneeiffel.com) which is not the official hotel website, but got a nice rate (172 EUR for the room / night) compared to other servies. breakfast is additional EUR 12 but had a nice range and fresh pastries, tea, coffee, ham, scrambled eggs and cornflakes.

Our superior Room was No. 35 which had a great view to the Eiffel Tower out of the window. As rooms in paris are always quite small, the size was as expected. bed was comfortable and shower/toilet were clean and modern.

The location of the hotel is great, about 10 minutes walk from the eiffel tower away. Athough the hotel is directly at the street, there was no noise inside the room.

Reception was very helpful (giving tips for restaurants).
Two ideas for improvements: There was just one small wastebasket in the bathroom but no one in the bedroom.
The blankets were quite thick, so night was quite hot.

Negative impression was the airport shuttle (yellow van) which is arranged by the hotel but is an external company. The driver was very unfriendly and over 20 minutes to late, what is quite much if you have to catch a plane.

As in all big cities, there are tour buses, so we bought tickets for "open tour" which offers 4 different tours. If it's warm enought to sit on the on top (open bus area) it would be quite nice, else the windows are not so big an you won't be able to see much of the monuments.

Overall the hotel is definitely a good deal for a paris stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
duquesneParis, sales manager at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this review, October 23, 2009
Hello,
The rates are the same in all the sites we work with, we prefer to work with a rate parity.
I totally agree with you about the wastebasket, I will ask my manager if we can put one under the desk. The blanket is heavy, I have the same at home and I take it off during the summer :o)
I am sorry about the yellow van, generally they are on time, we have been worked with them for about 8 years and problems are rare. Sorry about it.
Thank you for recommending the Duquesne, we hope to see you again
Julie Palisse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
hoboken nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

As most of the reviewers have already said it really is a great hotel and is in a great location. I must say, Jennifer at the front desk did a great job with our stay as well as the rest of the staff. Our room was spotless and the bathroom looked brand new. Some things you might not have read which might be of interest. Great wine shop a half block away. The are a lot of cafes, a few bakeries, and even a supermarket within a few blocks. The 8 train (only 3 short blocks away) is extremely easy to navigate. It is clean,efficent , and safe with connections to every part of the city within a few stops, even late at night. We take the New York subway system practically daily and this system blows it away. It was one of the highlights of our trip. We never needed a cab...there also is a bus stop right outside the hotel and that we used a few times which worked great. At night it is quiet around this hotel and if you are looking for action you have to wonder somewhere else but we believe that is a good thing. Internet access in lobby was available 24/7. We couldnt have been happier with our stay and location of this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
duquesneParis, sales manager at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this review, October 26, 2009
Hello,
I’m happy you enjoyed your trip in Paris.
I agree with you the subway is very easy to use and it is safe. Most of the people are afraid to use it but they shouldn’t, I don’t advise people to use all the time cabs because it is longer and expensive. Save your money for something better!
Julie
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

We stayed with a Rick Steve's tour in May, 2008. The staff were very friendly with one small exception. I stayed out late to take pictures (till 2 am) one night and almost got locked out. The gentleman working the desk was either slightly annoyed or surprised by the fact some nutty American came trumping in at that hour. I probably should have made arrangements in advance. Overall, the hotel is excellent. Very good breakfast, one of the best I've had in Europe (real scrambled eggs!) Room was small, but very clean. Bed was comfortable, shower - good. Had a nice little flat screen TV with a coupld of news channels in English, although, it was more fun to watch the French ones and see how much I had forgotten. About 10 minutes (I do walk fast) to Rue Cler and the Eiffel Tower; close to the Metro stop as well. Highly recommended hotel for Paris in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
duquesneParis, sales manager at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this review, April 8, 2009
Dear Sir,

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay here.
I apologize about the reaction the night audit had, of course our customers can go for a walk at any time of the day or night. Maybe he was worried about you but I don’t understand why, the 7th district is one of the safest districts in Paris. Anyway, I am sorry if he sounded annoyed to you.

I am happy you mentioned the breakfast; most of our customers think it is quite expensive and I disagree so I’m happy you noticed the quality of our breakfast.
I hope we will welcome you again

Have a nice day

Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

While I was in Paris for business, I brought along my wife and two daughters, ages 18 and 16, for their first excursion to Europe. We couldn't have been happier with this hotel. The rooms were attractive, the beds comfortable, and the views from the balconies spectacular, with a clear view of the Eiffel Tower. The staff was accommodating, friendly, and very helpful. The front desk was efficiently staffed during the day by either Estelle or Jessica, both of whom spoke fluent English and were generous in their assistance and tolerant of our broken French.
By the way, while in Paris, be sure to check out the incredible sweets of Pierre Hermé. He has a shop on the Rue Bonaparte near Notre Dame and another nearer the hotel at the Pasteur metro station. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Dear family,

I’m glad all your family enjoyed their trip in Paris. You were lucky to get rooms with a balcony, all our customers would like a view.
I will let Estelle and Jessica know that you were satisfied with their service, it is important for the general manager to hear good feedback regarding our team.
I hope you will come back for business and leisure

have a nice day

Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

On the recommendation of friends we booked the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel for a long weekend (5 days) to celebrate my wifes 50th birthday. We have been in Paris other times but this time we took our friends advice and specifically requested room 55, and we couldn't have been happier. This room is on the fifth floor front corner and has the most magnificent view from the balcony of the Eiffel tower. Absolutely delightful. This is a small boutique hotel and while the rooms are typical in size for Europe they would be considered small by US standards. They are however well equipped with a comfy queen-sized bed with a down comforter and a well equipped bath. The windows are absolutely soundproof, the best we have ever encountered, so there was no street noise in the room. The hotel is nicely located about a ten minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, two blocks from a Metro Station (Ecole Militare) and quite near several good and inexpensive restaurants on the Rue Cler. Plus it is near Cantin, on the rue Mar de Champs, the best cheese shop anywhere. We skipped the daily breakfast (13euros) and instead had our juice, cafe au lait and croissant at one the many cafes/brasseries nearby. All in all a wonderful trip and a very nice hotel which we will gladly return to the next time we are in Paris

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
I wish your wife a happy belated birthday! The job of an hotelier is to make his customers happy and when I read such comments I’m proud of our establishment and of our staff.
We hope to see you again for an anniversary or a birthday!

Nurnberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

I have organized a trip to Paris for my mom’s birthday. After a lot of searching on the internet after a good, well-positioned and price-acceptable hotel, I have come across Hotel Duquesne Eiffel.
The location seemed perfect for us with two subway stations close by. The Eiffel tower is close to the hotel so this tall tower can be used as an orientation point when walking from or to the hotel. Reviews on Tripadvisor and the hotel’s pictures looked great.
Luckily I have found an offer on www.hotel.de which included a double room with breakfast buffet and welcome drink (100 euros per night for the whole, min. stay 2 nights) so I have booked it immediately. This offer wasn’t available on the hotel’s website. If you are booking a hotel in advance (2-3 months before the trip) or taking a trip in the next days, you can find various good-value offers (e.g. early bird offers, last minute offers) so search through more websites (HRS.de, hotel.de, FastBooking.com, Expedia.de) before booking the hotel. The feature of “Check rates” on the tripadvisor is very helpful to see the price differences on most of the hotel booking websites, these price differences can be quite high on certain occasions.
Upon arrival and during our stay of 4 nights, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. In the lobby, you can find a laptop with internet connection for free use.
Our room was on the 4th floor with a view to the Eiffel tower. I was admiring it every morning when waking up and every evening before going to sleep. I had a W-Lan connection in our room, but, due to some miss-configuration, the internet didn’t work unfortunately.
It is well-known that hotel rooms is Paris are small so don’t be surprised. Our room was tasteful and nicely furnished, its size was comfortably enough for two people. The bathroom was modernly equipped.
The location of the hotel is even better than I thought when booking this hotel. Visiting Paris by foot is the best way to get a real taste of the city so we took nice walks to most of the sights starting from the hotel in the morning. The neighborhood seemed safe; we, two women, walked back to the hotel every evening without any fear, only by following the Eiffel tower from a distance. A good idea is to plan your daily itinerary upfront in order visit every day the sights close by in one chose area by foot if possible. We used the subway only for coming from and going to the airport.
We had lovely chats with the hotel’s owner who stayed at the reception every evening and appreciated all the tips about Paris which he gave us.
The breakfast buffet was delicious and more than sufficient to charge our energy for the upcoming long day. Various choices are available: ham and cheese, omlette and bacon, 4-5 different fruit jams, 4 types of cereals, orange and grapefruit juice, milk, coffee, tee and last but not least the typical French bakery products: croissant, pain au chocolat, pain au raisins and baguette. You can request to have your breakfast delivered in your room. We have chosen to serve it in the charming and tasteful breakfast room.
I am already planning my next trip to the lovely Paris in the near future and I will be staying at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel.

• Stayed March 2009
Hello,
Thank you so much for this complete note. I know who you are, we can’t forget some of our customers and I remember you were so nice!
I hope you will come back soon
Julie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

I just came back from Paris where I stayed at the Duquesne Eiffel with my 10 yrs old son for three nights. Thanks again, TA, for helping find the right accomodation for our needs! Son wished for a hotel with a view to the Eiffel Tower, and Mum had to find something acceptable which wouldn't break the bank. The folks at the Duquesne gave us a lovely superior corner room (no. 45), with a window facing directly the Tower and another facing Avenue Duquesne and the Sport Ministry opposite the hotel. The room was perfectly soundproofed and pleasantly warm (you can set the airconditioning by yourself). Despite residing there with a rumbunctious fellow, I didn't find the room tiny at all. Very functional lighting system (spot reading light especially nice) as well. Bathroom modern and clean to a fault - no conditioner, shower cap and bath foam, but the products available were very good. Very pleasant reception staff - very helpful without being cloying - steered us to visit St Denis church together with the Stade de France, and helped with a very good restaurant, flight check in and a last minute request for a shuttle to CDG. Public areas pleasant and clean. Breakfast room in the lower ground floor. Breakfast a bit minimalistic (eggs, bacon, three kind of cereal, tinned fruit salad, cheeses, yoghourt, two kinds of juices, baguette, pastries, butter & jam, tea and coffee - when I asked for hot chocolate I was told I could make my own with hot milk and when I asked for a jug of cold milk I was told I should take the milk from the cereal stand with a glass) but all in all satisfactory.
Wifi and free computer in the lobby. Rather not private, but didn't disturb me.
Son was over the moon with "his" view of the Tower and nightly displays of lights on the hour and I had a very good time too.
Thank you very much!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Dear Madam,

I am glad you and your son will remember our establishment in a nice way.
Trip advisor is good for us, it brings us a lot of customers and I like to read (good and bad) feedback, it is the best way for us to improve our quality.

Room 45 is one of our best rooms, and I want to remind our future customers that to get room with a view, it is better to book at least three months in advance. I am happy you could get it.

In the bathroom, there is a bath and shampoo gel, which also works as bath foam. However, you are right there is no shower cap but some are available at the front desk.

About the breakfast, I think it is not minimalistic. In most of the three star hotels in France, they don’t offer bacon and scrambled eggs. About the chocolate, it is indeed the way we do it: we give you chocolate powder, and you just need to add the hot milk. Regarding the cold milk you asked for, there must have been a misunderstanding with the maid because their English is limited so she just showed you were the cold milk was... . I apologize about that though.

In one or two months, the wifi will work everywhere in the hotel. We used to have an expensive internet system (3 € for 20 minutes!!!) so we ended our contract witht his company. We should have a free access in all the rooms pretty soon. As you said, the only way for the moment to get free access is in the lobby.

Anyway, your comment is very nice and I’m glad your son enjoyed his stay as well, we don’t have that many children staying at the hotel, and I’m so happy he liked it here.

I hope to see you again here, and thank you again
JUlIE

Been to Hotel Duquesne Eiffel? Share your experiences!