“good quality for travelers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Eiffel Auteuil

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Eiffel Auteuil to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Eiffel Auteuil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 rue Claude Terrasse | 16th Arr., 75016 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1,339 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Celje, Slovenia
“good quality for travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights. Check-in starts at 14.00 but we came 2 hours earlier and there was no problems with gettig the room earlier. Receptor was very friendly and kind, he gave us some useful tips about transportation to the city centre. We also got lunch package(2xsandwich, 2xwater, 2x chips) for free.
It's true that the rooms are quite small but if you are a traveler you don't need bigger because we were outside almost all day. Breakfast room is small but we always found at least on free table. Food is good and fresh.
There was some noise aarround the hotel because there was some kind of renovation in near building. I also heared some noise trough our door when our neighbors closed the door. But it's not very often.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent M, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Eiffel Auteuil, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
dear sir,

Our staff and me are enjoyed to welcome you during your stay in paris,
hope to received you again,
kinds regards

Patricia FONTAINE
Manager

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I am not normally picky with hotels, but we were unable to stay here for our 3 night long stay. There was mould on the bath, the ceiling was black with dirt, there wasn't a kettle in our room, the light beside the bed was falling off the wall, floor was covered in dust and the bathroom door had a huge hole in the back. If I was being picky I would say that the room was small and the walls were thin so you could hear everything through
them, however I would have put up with those things if we had a clean room that we could live and sleep in. If youre planning on staying in this hotel, think twice before booking, as i wouldn't want people to have to put up with what we had to.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour for three nights. The room was very small and faced onto a building site behind so at an early hour the noise made sleeping impossible. The shower flooded all over the floor and out into the bedroom and under the bed as there was no outlet for the water in the floor of the bathroom. We worked out that if you kept the shower curtain plastered to the wall and moved minimally as it was extremely small area then the water didn't get quite as far as the under the bed. The breakfast room was also very cramped. One couple in our group, and we were nearly all over 60, had a room on the eighth floor but the lift only went to the seventh floor and they had to carry there luggage up a spiral staircase to the 8th. I can only hope that the building going on is a renovation that will dramatically improve the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I came into Paris for a business trip, and, as Roland Garros is in its second week, many of the hotels that I stay at near Issy were booked. I chose this based on price and location, and was really disappointed. The hotel is over top of a few flats and parking that are being renovated and difficult to find on the street. But, location wasn't bad and seemed safe.

As for the room, small but, for the price not bad. The shower was in a state of disrepair and had a makeshift curtain, but it was workable for a few nights. Overall, the location has many restaurants within walking distance, close to transport and safe.

The service was below average and the reservation system seems to be unlinked. I booked through Orbitz as it showed availability about 10 days prior to my arrival. The reservation was not in the system but the desk agent accommodated me.

The walls could not be more thin. I could hear conversations, televisions, running water and a chair moving in every direction. So loud that, last night, I had to actually ask the room next door to stop speaking on the phone at 1 am. Horrible night's sleep from the noise all three nights.

Upon check out, I asked for a taxi that takes American credit card to Gar du Nord. My cards don't have chip and pin and it makes it harder with some taxi. I was told the nigh before that they would be happy too, but it seemed tres difficile at 6 heur. I finally told the desk clerk I would go and get money and find my own taxi and that this had been my worst stay in Paris ever.

In the end, I didn't try the breakfast as I usually skip it, the location was good, the rooms were small but not bad, service below average, but the simple human traveler noises were too much to bear to get sleep. I actually had the window open as the HVAC did not work and it was quieter in the alley than in the corridor! My recommendation is stay away - the Ibis hotels in Issy are much better and better value!

Room Tip: Don't if you can help it....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

If I had a half empty attitude then the hotel rooms were very small, the bathroom minute, the shower would not be suitable for a 'large' person, the plugs holes were hard to use with adaptors, the sink wobbled, the toilet flushed upwards and the restaurant was inadequate ... but with a half full attitude the staff were friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, the area was quiet and convenient for Roland Garros and the metro.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Medvode
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Average room, a little small, but equipment was ok. I thought the bathroom will be tiny as I was reading the reviews on internet, but it was fine, with bath and everything what you need.
The breakfast was ok, and you get the lunch paket, but the second day we forgot to mention that we have lunch pakets ordered, so we didn't get one... noody remembered it either even if we payed for our room that day.
We used Velib transport in Paris - bicycles and the velib station is just across the street from the hotel. Near the hotel is also open market, with all sorts of food, next to it is a bakery and fromagerie, where you can buy cheese to go (specially wraped if your transport is airplane).

Room Tip: I made a reservation almost 5 months before we came there and asked for the biggest room... so maybe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Great Missenden, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

The most awful hotel I have ever stayed in - at one stage during the stay there were sounds like someone was wrecking a room nearby but was too scared to venture out of room - grubby and not value for money

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Eiffel Auteuil? Share your experiences!