“Great location and a friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Saint Thomas D'Aquin

Save Saved
You added Hotel Saint Thomas D'Aquin to your Saves list
Hotel Saint Thomas D'Aquin
3, rue du Pre aux Clercs, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Ranked #825 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
San Diego, California
“Great location and a friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a very nice two star hotel near some of the must popular Paris attractions on a quiet side street in the 7th arrondissement. The staff went out of their way to ensure we had a great trip. They were friendly and gave us some great recommendations on where to eat and where not to eat (Le Deux Magots= overrated tourist trap). Our room was comfortable and clean although a bit worn. The shower/bath had quite a steep step for getting in and out, so it might be difficult for older travelers to use. The price was quite reasonable for a two star hotel. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip where you spend more time in Paris then in your room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel is on a quiet street in Saint-Germain, near some of the famous (and extremely expensive) cafes like Le Deux Magots. It is also in walking distance of both the Orsay and Louvre. However, my room was rather worn out. At first I thought the bed was sagging, and I even mentioned this to the front desk. They said they'd send someone up to look at it. However, on my second night it still felt like the bed was leaning and I could fall out at any moment. Finally determined I think the floor was uneven. It was quite uncomfortable to sleep. Rooms are also small, but so are all rooms in Paris. No air conditioning. Still, I think next time I can find a better room in the same price point. Not impressed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was very happy with this hotel. Nice, clean rooms and central yet quiet location, for a very reasonable price. Almost all the staff were very friendly and helpful, which I really appreciated after my last visit to Paris.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sverige
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Me and my mother visited this charming fench hotel from july 8-12, and we loved it!

Location: The hotel is located only about a five minute walk to the Louvre and even closer to boulevard Saint-Germain where the famous cafés Cafe du Flore and Le Deux Magots where literary geniuses like Hemingway, Oscar Wilde and Simone de Beauvoir had a cup of coffee. On the boulevard there are pharmacies if you should need anything (marked with a green cross), also post offices and a FNAC store where you can by tickets to the Louvre (which we recommend!).
Other places in walking distance is Notre Dame - on the way there you can also visit the legendary bookstore Shakespeare and Company.
Around the neighborhood there are many different cafés, brasseries and restaurants for every meal of the day, there are also a couple of convenience stores called Proxi where you can buy beverages and snacks.

Service: As for the staff of the hotel I can't say more than fantastic. The all spoke English, but I do recommend you to use words like merci (thank you), bonjour (good day) etc. this is always appreciated!
Unfortunately my baggage got lost in Copenhagen and didn't receive it until 48 h later, even though the staff of the hotel was more than helpful with this. Because we didn't speak French we asked if the reception might call Air France Baggage Reclaim and sort things out, and they were more than happy to. He must have called 6 times and didn’t charge us for the calls.
The day before we went home we asked if they could order a taxi for us, and we got a very nice taxi with a very nice French man to drive us to CDG.
To sum up - they were the best!

Rooms: In Europe the rooms are often quite small so don't expect great big rooms, if you want that in Paris you'll have to cough up the dough. I think these rooms and the hotel is best suited for couples or any other travelers who come in pairs, like me and my mother.
Our room was on the top floor looking out towards the street. The street was not busy and very quiet during the night, a very charming street is all that I can say. As for the size of the room I thought it was adequate, not as small as some European hotel rooms are. There where extra pillows so that you could get two each, but I must point out that there were no comforters on the beds, just a sheet and a thick blanket, but that was alright because it was quite warm out.

Breakfast:
The breakfast was continental, you could get croissants, baguette with butter or marmalade, boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee and freshly pressed orange juice (there probably was more but we always ordered the same thing).

All in all we were extremely lucky to find such a good hotel to make our first trip to Paris as wonderful as it was.

Room Tip: Before our trip we e-mailed the hotel asking for a bigger room looking towards the street, we comple...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
nice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have fallen in love with this hotel,
Very cute and charming place right in the center of Paris.
Close to Seine and most Parisian sight-seeings, like Louvre, Pantheon, St. German..
Room was very quiet
and reception attentive and helpful with advises, especially for choosing the place to go in the evening.

I have particularly appreciated the delicious Continental Breakfast served in my room...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel is warm and welcoming and the staff could not be nicer or more helpful!
While the rooms are quite small, the hotel was comfortable for friends spending time together as well as seeing Paris, which was incredibly easy from this excellent location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our experience of this hotel was soured by the fact that we had 150 euros stolen from our room on the last day. As we were leaving very early the next morning, the receptionist promised that the manager would call us as soon as we arrived in London the next day to discuss what had happened. We didn't hear back from the hotel and we found that the 150 euros had been promptly taken off our credit card.

I'd like to warn other travellers that this happened - even though we were careful and left the money in the safe. Whoever stole it must have had access to the safe and thought that by stealing a lesser amount of 150 euros (we had 720 euros in total stored in there) that we wouldn't notice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Saint Thomas D'Aquin? Share your experiences!