This trip was for a family sightseeing holiday and we mainly booked beacause of the location and price. We only really had one negative issue and this was on checking in only two of our three rooms were ready, we were given a voucher for free drinks in the bar to compensate. We went back later only to be given the keys to an occupied room, this could have been very embarrasing , and also made me slightly uneasy when our own rooms were unoccupied!
The rooms were of a good standard and clean, the air- con was efficient, it was 30 degrees when we were there so we needed it! We had a small fridge which was useful and tea/ coffee making facilities. The buffet breakfast was also of a good standard and plentiful. A fifteen minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, forty five to the Arc de Triomphe , the nearest metro is ten minute walk, however this line was closed during our visit for renovation, there is a replacement bus service which we made use of. The location itself was fine , fairly quiet with a few cafes, bars in the vicinity, not the hotel for a young couple looking for good nightlife on the doorstep, however it was ideal for our needs.
The pool was another reason we booked this hotel as we had four children with us, it is a small pool and as stated in other reviews men must wear Speedo type trunks, swimming shorts are not permitted and swimming caps are compulsory ( they provided us with caps). It was adequate for the kids to cool off in / play for twenty minutes but not if you wanted to swim properly, also they only allow fifteen people in at a time.The majority of the staff were very pleasant and helpful, especially in the bar / at breakfast and when I had an issue with the safe in my room the technician was there within thirty minutes. We were happy that we did our homework before booking and found that the hotel matched our expectations. One word of warning, do not book taxis through the hotel as you will pay over the odds, for a taxi to Gare du Nord for 6 people and luggage we booked direct with G7 taxis ( found the details through Google and booked direct on the phone), it cost only 35 euros and the hotel quoted 80 euros, to be honest I think they just did not want the bother of ordering taxis.
Would also recommend Cafe Eiffel which is by the Bir Hakeim metro, good prices, good food and service with a smile. Beware the cafe on the opposite corner, food prices are about the same but the drink prices were not on the menu and a standard soft drink was 8 euros, also tables rammed very close together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel is located in the heart of Paris, opposite the Seine river and a short distance from the Eiffel Tower. It is ideal for business travel, meetings and seminars, as well as for weekends in Paris as a couple or with family. The hotel is situated in the center of Paris close to the Champs-Elysees, the Louvre and Notre-Dame. It has two restaurants, a bar, indoor pool and fitness room. Free WIFI and secure car park available. The hotel offers rooms with views of Paris and the Seine, accommodating families (2 adults and 2 children aged under 16), as well as a Japanese restaurant with a sushi bar. Swim shorts are not allowed in the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, ACCOR, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Tour Eiffel
- Novotel Eiffel Tower Paris
- Novotel Tour Eiffel
- Paris Novotel