Good location in a quiet neighborhood, within 5-8 mins of the 2 nearest Metro stations and 10-15 mins walk to the Eiffel Tower. Just note that there is not much nightlife around.
The room is spacious enough for one, with basic amenities- tv, a/c, hair dryer, etc. Perhaps it was fatigue from the sightseeing but i slept rather well. Plus I was lucky enough to have a room facing the Eiffel Tower, though only the top half!
Not sure if it's just me, but I never have any luck with hotel showers. The hot/cold settings never seem to stay constant!
Service during breakfast was rather lacking too. My table was cleared and given to someone else when I made a second trip to the buffet! And it's not like I was done, I had half a cup of coffee left and my knife was over the half-used piece of butter!
Speaking of breakfast - I booked directly on Accor's website for 10 nights, and just like all other reservation sites, i was proposed the usual upsell options - higher category room, breakfast, etc. And if you've done your research here on TripAdvisor (or any other guide books), you'll know that you can get a decent breakfast in Paris from any deli/cafe at a quarter of the price that hotels usually charge. Hence I did not select the breakfast option.
When I checked-in, they handed me the breakfast coupons together with my room keys with no explanation as to why they were given. I have to admit I'm at fault also not to have asked! I just presumed it was the Accor member free breakfast offer I noticed on the website! So imagine the shock when I checked out and was charged 14 euros per breakfast for 10 days! I could have stayed another night for all that breakfast, plus i don't believe it was even worth half that amount! Ultimately, the manager waived off the breakfast for the week and we compromised on me paying for 3 days worth.
Smooth check-in, bad check-out. Perhaps they could have explained/reminded all guests checking in that breakfast is an option and not just include it in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel is a 4 star hotel with 764 rooms overlooking the Seine, moments away from the Eiffel Tower. An ideal venue for seminars, conferences and conventions offering 2,200 sqm of modular rooms. Guests on a business trip to Paris can unwind in our Blue Fitness Eiffel fitness centre with pool and sauna (fees apply). Enjoy the choice of the Benkay Japanese restaurant (washoku, teppanyaki, sushi bar), the Tour Eiffel Cafe and La Seine lounge bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, ACCOR, Tingo, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Tour Eiffel
- Novotel Eiffel Tower Paris
- Novotel Tour Eiffel
- Paris Novotel