“The worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #813 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“The worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have never written a review in my life.
I have stayed in manny places from 5* to nothing but this is with out a doubt the worst place I have stayed in.
The breakfast is unbelievable no service at all . They should be a shamed of them selfs,in my opinion it is more a YMCA then a hotel.
Not kid friendly as well.
Even if I got this for free would not stay here again.
The management of this hotel should be sacked and do another job.
And Novotel should go and have a look what is out there in other hotels and with a change in attitude and service in all areas they might improve

Room Tip: Do not book
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Alex M,

I would like to thank you for your comments on the hotel.

I regret to read that you did not have a pleasant stay here due to the quality of service. Believe me that whatever you had went through is not what we wish to give to our guests.

Your opinion has been noted and I feel sorry for your bad experience.

I hope that your impression will not tarnish the image of the other Novotels.

Laurent Mauguit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Nice location, great breakfast, but funfus in the rooms that give a healt risk.
We spend one night in a room with a very bad smell. My husband and one of my children woke up having difficulty breathing. When pushing to the wall in the toilet and bath the water was running down and big blak spots appeared. There are no possibility of opening a window.
We moved to another room, it became better but still problems with fungus. This was 7 flours higher up in the building.
This hotel is not cheap especially not in summer time.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Jette B,

I would like to thank you for your feedback on the rooms during your stay.

I apologise sincerely for the situation that you and your family had experienced.

I have informed my Head Housekeeper that all rooms should be controlled correctly to avoid incidents of this sort.

It would be kind of you if you could inform me of the room numbers that you were in by sending me a mail to this address: h3546-fo2@accor.com., for me to take necessary actions.

I apologise again and hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the very near future.

Laurent Mauguit
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very nice hotel. Despite being big, the services are customized and fit our needs. Very nice staff. The location is very convenient with easy access to the public transportation (Subway & Trains). The hotel is connected to a good (and not crowded) shopping mall, what makes it very convenient. My family loved it

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Morristown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Good but busy large hotel. Don't even consider it for the pool or amenities. It was very uninviting, overwhelming chlorine smell and a walk away into a different building. Outdoor terrace area was disappointing, mainly a smokers lounge. Great concierge service from George!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.We booked superior room which was so basic with dirty carpet,no wash basin in toilet.Did not see a single person of reception staff smile ever.Service culture is missing completely.We shifted to other hotel after 1 night stay! Breakfast was lousy as well

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Kavita S,

I thank you for your comments on your one night stay.

I regret to learn that our superior room was not up to your standard. I have mentioned to the Head Housekeeper about your remark on the carpet, to ensure that these fibers be checked upon regularly for shampooing.

Your opinion on the attitude of the staff has been made known to my managers also.

I hope that this situation will not tarnish the image of the other Novotels and inspite of this experience, I wish to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Laurent Mauguit.
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I really enjoyed the location of this Paris hotel. It is near the Eiffel Tour and the Statue of Liberty, and is situated very close to a nice mall, and within a great neighborhood that has everything you'd want or need, but doesn't feel touristy. It was a truly great location in the 15th district. A short walk easily gets you to the metro to travel around town, or to the train station or airports.

The rooms are small, but they are reasonably clean and updated. Everything looks pretty good, with the exception of some rugs that do need replacing. We booked ahead and were able to get a triple room with a sleeper sofa, for our daughter. She said it wasn't very comfortable, but it can be hard to find a triple room in Paris, so it was nice to have. Hotel was bustling with guests from all over- it was a fun environment. Staff spoke English, but also encouraged our attempts with our French:). The hotel has a large balcony, lobby and bar as well as restaurants, which are nice for relaxing. We were able to leave some bags, free of charge, while we visited other locations in Europe, for 2 full weeks. The A/C was also really nice to have in the summer.

It was expensive - at about 250. Euro/nt, but it's Paris, it's expensive, it's worth it to stay as many days as you can afford!

From this hotel you walk right the the Eiffel Tower, take a walk and explore the shops at the Rue de Commerce, walk down the the base of the Statue of Liberty over the bridge, and check out our favorite nearby restaurant, Cosmos. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river. Despite the name, the hotel has no view of the Eiffel Tower.
Almaty
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Too crowded as any other hotel near Tour Eiffel. Floors are dirty as coverings are really-really old. Since this is Europe and of course Paris the prices are really high. Standard room -250 Euro. Next time would choose to stay somewhere out of Paris.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel? Share your experiences!