“Overall rating 4/5 at most. Here is why...” 4 of 5 stars

Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 quai de Grenelle, 75015 Paris, France   |
Ranked #834 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Jakarta
“Overall rating 4/5 at most. Here is why...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

As I was travelling with family the number 1 priority was to get a connecting room. After I had made my reservations I emailed the hotel and the one girl there reallly took care of my booking. Amazing.

I got there, the guys at the front of the hotel gave me a parking card at a price of course. The car park is perfect, roofed, secure, and part of the hotel. We rented a luxury car, so I would not exactly leave it by the streets of Paris.

Checked in. Amazing room, for European standard, not small at all. Great size. Bathtub, shower, separate toilet. Great.

Ok here are the problems.
Perhaps it was just me and my wife, (although I did hear people complaining as I was checking out), this hotel has the worst internet service I have ever ever ever been in any hotel. If there was a portable Internet tent in the jungles of Amazon or in the middle of Sahara, Im sure that would have a faster internet. It was unusable slow. The rooms has cables to plug in to our laptop, but I guess I was not smart enough to figure it out. I did exactly according to instructions. Could it be my laptop? Maybe. But on the next hotel we stayed in immediately after this one, I had not a single problem with my laptop.

Free internet was only in the lobby, fair enough. But oh no, so slow.

There was a day where I did put the "pls make up room" on both doors, we came back the room wasnt cleaned.

When it was cleaned they didnt replace the empty tissue box.

The hotels name is La Tour Eiifel, but 1) It was in a different arrondisement of Paris, Eiffel in 7th, Novotel 15th. Accor's Pullman is very close to Eiffel. 2) Im guessing many rooms dont have view of eiffel. As there were tall buildings around the hotel. Unless your staying on the 28th and up floors of the hotel, Im guessing you wont see the Tower. But again to be fair I had an amazing view of the Seine River. Including a statue of liberty. Yes there is one in Paris. Anyways the name is just a random note, I dont really care if I dont see the Tower. its 1.3km walk.

I didnt regret staying there, just the internet thing gave me a really bitter memory.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Lucky dip type booking. Pleased to be allocated this hotel. Upon arrival we found ourselves on the 31st (top) floor with a breathtaking view of Paris. The room was compact but clean.
We found the staff courteous and helpful. The hotel bar was classy and relaxed. The breakfast buffet was a little overpriced at 18 Euros each, but did allow you to gorge yourself if required.
Overall good value at 162 Euros for two nights but I wouldn't want to pay the full rates (around 160 Euros per night).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DenisGauthier, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Client,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel and am glad that you had a good stay with us.

I am happy to learn about your different appreciations and your kind remarks will be made known to my staff.

In hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future, I remain,

Craiova
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Overall the hotel was great. The room was clean, a bit small as well as the bathroom. If you were lucky you could get a view of the Eiffel Tour, but most of the time it is blocked by the buildings nearby. The staff was friendly, there is WiFi in the lobby where you have also a couple of computers that you can use. Breakfast was nice, plenty of food, including specific bakery products from France. I didn't like that you had to walk at least 10 minutes to the nearest metro station and the area wasn't that friendly, nor clean. Also, there were hardly any good restaurants nearby that were open after 10 P.M. Anyway, if you are a lover of the Eiffel Tour, this is the closest you can get and also have a good time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Yes, it's only a 15 minute walk to the Tour Eiffel but the area around the hotel is undergoing major construction and the immediate neighbourhood around the hotel lacks charm. Hotel is very busy with lots of school groups and tourists. Staff is very pleasant but rooms are very tired -this hotel needs a major renovation badly. If you have business in the neighbourhood might make sense to stay here but not a great choice for a romantic trip to Paris.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DenisGauthier, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel for your trip to Paris but am truly regretful to learn that your stay was not up to your satisfaction.

There were certain issues that were mentioned and the biggest one apparently was the temperature in the room. I would like to point out that even in March, it was still cold in Paris and our heating system is regulated depending on the temperature outside. I am sorry that you did not sleep well for this.

Do know that we have in the hotel, Duty Managers that are available to help you for all situations.

It is with regret to learn that you will not return to this hotel but I hope that this will not tarnish the image of the other Novotels.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I came to Paris for a one-day conference and needed a room for the night. Usually I would try and stay in a hotel with more character and not part of a chain but as the Novotel offered a good rate and I only needed a comfortable place to sleep I booked it. I have to say for my purposes it was perfect.The hotel has hundreds of rooms and clearly runs a very busy service for business people - there was a constant stream of people checking in and out, all managed very efficiently by the reception staff. Because of this it is rather impersonal but everything worked well. The building is a vast 1960s skyscraper, quite ugly, but the interior is very modern. It is located on a very busy road approaching the industrial/business parts of Paris but was near a central metro station and other amenities. I was shattered after the travel and conference and so chose to order room service rather than go to a restaurant, which is what I would normally do in Paris (the downside of this hotel's location is that it is not in the villagey, picturesque part of Paris with good bistros on every corner etc.). I was pleasantly surprised - my order arrived very quickly, was tasty and well-presented. The room was small but very modern and comfortable. I do think however that wifi should be offered throughout the hotel and not just in the public areas. Not a hotel for a romantic week-end but definitely a good option for business travellers.

Room Tip: The higher up you go, the better the view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for having chosen this hotel for your short stay in Paris.

It is with pleasure to read your kind comments on our different services in the hotel. These satisfying comments will be passed on to encourage my staff to continue to do their best.

With regards to the wifi, I would like to inform you that we are installing this and the service should function as from May.

In hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future, I remain,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

After looking around on the net for a cheap hotel for one night I came across a secret hotel on lastminute.com and decided to gamble and book it, not knowing what hotel it would be only that it would be close to the Eiffel Tower. It ended up being the Novotel which I was pretty impressed with, being how little we ended up paying compared to their usual prices, we only paid half of the standard price.

The room was very nice and have a great view of the Seine. The women at the front desk who checked us in very kindly sorted our rooms so we had a twin instead of the standard double. In our room we had a separate toilet tucked around the corner which was nice as the main bathroom, with shower/bath & sink less directly next to one of the beds. It was all very modern, shiny and clean. We had a little tray of Coffee & Tea and a large TV with man channels and different language selections.

The only downside to the whole stay was the WI-FI. The only area to get connected was in the lobby so it got a bit frustrating having to sit down there if you needed to use the Internet. And on top of that it was pretty slow using it on my iPhone 5.

The closest metro to the hotel was walking towards the Eiffel Tower about 10mins away.

• Stayed March 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

my wife and I stayed here for three nights in March and left pretty disappointed. The room itself is pretty standard fare at first appearance but is let down by a few things. Firstly the bed was very poor, it was a cheap metal frame setup with an average mattress, it also had Square pillows which I seemed to roll off everytime I turned over.

The toilet was separate to the bathroom, not a big issue but still odd with it being placed down a corridor next to the door.

The biggest issue by far though was the temperature. The room was like an oven (in March). There was an AC control on the wall that did absolutely nothing other than pump stale air in to the room. There are also no opening windows so no way at all to get fresh air into the room. I had to sleep outside the bed covers every night and was left dried out from the heat and poor AC, I actually returned home with a cold having had not one good nights sleep.

We only intended to use the room as a base as we wanted to explore but if I'm honest it barely adequately served that purpose.

The location is a bit of a walk from the nearest metro but not too far provided you're not travelling to heavy. But in all reality is poorly placed. A 15 minute walk to the Tower and to anywhere to eat away from the hotel. When we next visit Paris we won't stay in this area, we felt very much on outer edge of everything.

Finally to add a little more disappointment they tried to charge us for a breakfast we hadn't had. This was sorted quickly and painlessly but was still very poor.

We had no issue with the staff finding them courteous but we had very little to do with them other than check in and out.

In short there is absolutely no way I would every return to this hotel. Not even close to value for money and we got it on a last minute deal.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel? Share your experiences!