“Our little piece of Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Louvre Sainte Anne

You added Hotel Louvre Sainte Anne to your Saves list
Hotel Louvre Sainte Anne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32, rue Sainte Anne | 1st Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #244 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Atlanta
“Our little piece of Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

We have stayed in this hotel twice and can't see staying anywhere else for the same price next time we are in Paris. The location is right in hear of Paris; 2 min walk from the metro and 10 min walk from the Louvre. The hotel is very accessible from either airport and upon departure the staff is happy to call a shuttle for you. This hotel is a great starting point as a tourist to get anywhere in the city. The staff is beyond nice and certainly guided us during both our stays. Breakfast is served in the completely renovated cellar and was great. Eggs served as you like and just about anything else a warm breakfast would include. The hotel is surrounded by Japanese restaurants that left me and my wife - most were average at best. That being said, there is a grocery close by as well as some other restaurants in the area that are a bit pricey. Overall, great hotel with a great staff at a very reasonable price.

• Liked — Location and staff
  • Disliked — nada!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
U.S.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

The staff at the Louvre Saint Anne was absolutely wonderful, especially Mon (sp?). She went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and gave several wonderful suggestions for sightseeing and dinner. She was an amazing host and we felt like we were staying with a friend.

Overall the hotel was very nice and the rooms were clean and spacious - by Paris standards. I came in expecting a much smaller room so my standards were low based on a previous stay in Paris and stays in other european cities. The hotel is conveniently located near a metro station and supermarket-type store that had groceries, hygiene items and clothes. This is perfect in case you forget something or just want to buy some water or snacks without breaking the bank. The staff suggested several wonderful places to eat that were within walking distance to the hotel. Overall, the location is wonderful for walking to several sites (Louvre, Opera, etc.) and virtually anything can be reached by the train or metro.

The breakfast was excellent and the room was very nicely decorated. Also, free WiFi in the room was a definite bonus.

Overall, a great hotel for exploring Paris with an amazing staff to help you feel at home!

• Liked — The wonderful front desk/staff. WiFi and location to sites and metro
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

My wife and I travel alot , we have stayed in many hotels and resorts. And I have to say that this little hotel was without a doubt one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. When you stay here you are right in the middle of everything. The Louvre and the Orsay musuem are both a short walk away, additionally you are in the opera area. Eelegant shopping is right near-by, as is a French supermarket. The rooms themselves are small but very very charming. The beds were extremely comfortable, and we enjoyed the LCD television and the free wi-fi. The breakfast area was very very nice and the food there was delicious and will definitely get you ready for a long day of sight-seeing. But all of this was not the true charm of the hotel. The real charm is found in the hotel staff. They were nothing short of outstanding. The day staff speak very very good english and were EXTREMELY helpful with both recommendations and directions. With their help...my wife and I were actually able to find the French Bistro that we dined at when we were visiting Paris right after we were married...and for that I will always always be grateful. This hotel is nothing short of a delight and we will defintely be back !

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — There is nothing we did not like about this hotel
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Great location with the Lourve and the opera house around the corner. The location was great for walking around and seeing the other landmarks too. Didnt find the staff overly friendly but it didnt deter from our stay. We didnt get breakfast as they were plenty of places to grab breakfast or a bite to eat. The room was small but clean but with so much to see you dont spend all that long in your room anyway. We had a room on the first floor but didnt find it too noisy expect for the gurgling of the water above us all night.
Paris itself was lovely with loads of beautiful old buildings and plenty to see and do. Found dinner and drinks a bit overpriced though.
Also i booked the hotel through their website and got a discount for booking online.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

I loved my stay at this superbly located Hotel.

If going to Paris it is important to understand that in the central historic areas you just don't find big high rise international hotels. The vast majority are small street front boutique style 3 or 4 star hotels. Rooms are 'compact' but adequate in this hotel just as in all others. If you do manage to find a big suite style room you'll pay a small fortune for it.

At 165 Euros per night for a 'superior double' with balcony on an upper floor this hotel represents excellent value for money in Paris. You can easily pay a lot more - sometimes for less in terms of quality.

The only reason I don't give this five stars is because the decor in this popular gem is becoming slightly tired. Don't get me wrong - the room decor adequate and the standard of cleanliness is excellent but it's time for a bit of light re-decorating. A spot of paint here and there, some fresh wallpaper and revamped flooring and this place just couldn't be beaten at the price.

My comments above on decor don't apply to bathrooms which are in pristine condition.

Staff - all of them were wonderful. I endorse all previous comments made about their helpfulness and attention to detail.

Location is simply superb for sightseeing on foot. 10 mins walking time to The Louvre and 10 - 20 mins for many other famous landmarks. For the really adventurous walker - The Eiffel Tower is about 45 mins away with a return walk via Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees taking another 1 hour.

If you get hung up on small details having to add up to perfection then hotels in central Paris aren't going to be for you. If however you can be happy with charming plus very good standards rather than perfect then this hotel is for you.

I will definitely go back if visiting Paris in the future.

By the way - Paris is fabulous!

• Liked — Superb location for all that central Paris has to offer.
  • Disliked — Room decor needs updated.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

I booked 1 night at the Louvre Saint Anne 1 month prior to my date of arrival. I picked this hotel due to its close proximity to another hotel my parents had chosen to stay in. The rate for the Single Shower Room was an Internet Special Offer. Upon my early arrival at the hotel, my room was not ready yet. However, the wait before I was checked in was relatively short.

My room ended up being on the ground floor, facing the street. Being next to the check-in area, noise was heard from my room whenever the automatic entrance doors opened and closed, when luggage was being moving around, and when people spoke loudly on the street outside and in the hotel lobby.

The room itself was looking a bit dated and worn, with one ceiling light blown, the other on it's way out and flickering, patchwork repairs done on the quilt, and general spots and stains around the room. The bed was the smallest single bed I have experienced in a Parisian hotel to date. This was also the only hotel I stayed at in Paris where I had to open my suitcase on the bed due to space constraints. Everything else however, was in good working order.

The staff were knowledgeable, spoke fluent English, and offered to make reservations on my behalf should I require. They also recommended some French restaurants in the neighborhood and provided directions to each (not an easy feat as this hotel was located in the Japanese quarter). The only concern with checking out was that I was instructed to vacate my room 1 hour earlier than previously agreed.

This hotel is reasonably priced for those on a budget. The staff cater to tourists well. However, if you do choose to stay here, make sure to request a room on a higher floor, unless you don't mind some noise. In terms of room quality, for a few Euros more, there are better alternatives elsewhere. However, for location and convenience, this hotel will not disappoint.

• Liked — Knowledgeable staff
  • Disliked — Staff pressure to check out early
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

At first sight it doesn't look nice nor attractive but it turned to be an excellent choice for Paris hotel standards. I was a bit scared we were on the first floor, our room facing the noisy and busy street below, but the isolation is perfect and you can hear nothing. Beds are quite comfortable, bathroom is spotless. One block away from the subway (Pyramides). In front of the hotel there is an excellent japanesse restaurant which seems to be a major hit with the locals. Long lines for entering, so you should try it at night. Hotel vicinity is not the best but it's ok. Full of oriental eating places.

• Liked — Quite comfortable beds
  • Disliked — The door to the street is not open. The recepcionist must open it for you with a key.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Louvre Sainte Anne? Share your experiences!