“Wonderful Hotel in a Great Location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Bourdonnais

You added Hotel La Bourdonnais to your Saves list
Hotel La Bourdonnais
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111, avenue de la Bourdonnais, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #350 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Midlothian, Texas
“Wonderful Hotel in a Great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I definitely recommend this hotel. Not much to add to the other recent reviews. I agree with them. Great location. Nice, clean room. Slightly more spacious than most quad rooms in France. Very spacious bathroom. Convenient walk to Eiffel Tower and restaurants on Rue Cler. Close to the metro so easy access to all the main sights in Paris. We would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I am one of those addicted-to-researching-the-trip people, so after LOTS of research, made a reservation here for 6 nights. I cannot say enough about it. It was just lovely, a little European feeling hotel with quirks and charm. Right around the corner from the Metro (Ecole Militaire stop on the 8 line); free computer in the lobby; clean rooms and linens; quiet for sleeping. We stayed on the 6th floor and had a double/full sized bed, nice pillows. The bathroom was just about as big as the room itself, which was admittedly small, but that's what you get in Europe. Plenty of room to move around, though. Breakfast there looked nice but at 15 Euros we went around the corner to one of the many cafes. 10 min walk to Eiffel Tower, 15 to the river. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone. Have fun!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My last trip to Paris was my third, and I have to say that this hotel, by far, did not compare to any other hotel I had stayed in while visiting Paris perviously. I had decided after traveling to Paris with my husband, for my fifth anniversary, and with friends, for fun and shopping, that it was time to treat my parents to a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Paris, with their daughter. I was in search for the perfect place. I wanted a good area, and I needed it to be safe. I wanted the hotel that could accomindate three travels, which in Europe is not as simple of a request as you think, if you're from North America (Canada). I wanted the hotel to be surrounded with iconic scene's of Paris (the Effiel Tower, small shops and cafes), so that when we stepped out into the streets there would be no doubt to where we were. Hotel La Bourdonnais had it all, and then some. When we arrived from our cross atlantic flight we went stright to the hotel. From the outside it looked like something out of a movie. Picture perfect from the outside. The staff greated us so warmly and were quick to offer us something to drink and a comfortable chair to rest in. Even though we were not scheduled to check in untill 3:00, our room was ready, and they were more then happy to gives us our keys so we could rest. The room was perfect. It was very clean, nicely decorated and spacious. We had three single beds, a toilet closet, a bathing room, two wonderful floor to ceiling iron-rod window doors that opend up to a courtyard below, desk, fridge, Flatscreen tv, and a small halloway seperating the door leading to the hallway and into the actual suit (my dad claimed that as his private dressing area, away from us ladies). It felt like home away from home, and a far cry, like I said, from pervious hotels I had stayed in while in Paris... small and stuffy. The hotel offered free WiFi down in the hotel parlor. Large flatscreens and excellent wireless connection. I never had a problem getting a computer or delays in transmission. The hotel resturant, which offered us buffet breakfast each morning, 12E for outside guests, was to die for. Fresh bread, pastry's, cheeses, juice, and fruit. There was a beverage machine that dispenced coffee, hot water for tea, espresso, and hot chocolate. There were dry ceral, yogurt and jams and butter, eggs, bacon and toast. Topped off with bistro tables under a galss inclosure... it was the only way to start of a parisian morning. Once we were full and ready to hit the streets, the hotel staff was able and willing to help out with passes to exhibits, like the Effiel Tower and Louver (with line bypass) and maps with directions to almost anywhere we wanted to go. They offered to make dinner reservations, at great resturants, and arrange to have a car waiting to bring us there. Honestly, no detail was spared. I paided about $1200 (Canadian) for the week, for three people, including daily breakfast. For all that we got, I felt as if they were paying us to stay there the value was so good. Being so close to the river, metro, Effiel Tower and D'orsy, we saved allot of time getting to where we wanted to visit that we maximinzed our time not having to travel from further area's to get to many attractions. Taxi's can be expensive, and even though the metro is GREAT, if you're far you have to spend the time getting around if you opt to stay further away to reduce hotel costs. I have done the math and time calculations, its worth the money to stay central, especially if you need to return to your hotel after a long day out sightseeing to freshen up for an evening out. I cannot say enough good things about this place, and I do have something to compare it to. So if you're wondering where to stay on your next visit to Paris, look no further.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

We have stayed at three different hotels in the Rue Cler area--this is definitely the nicest, though more expensive than the other two. But it is great value for the money--our "twin" bedroom had two double beds, a huge bathroom with two sinks and plenty of counter space, a good shower, clothesline. The bedroom itself was spacious, very quiet, with a view of the Eiffel tower from the window, flat screen tv, table and chairs, good mattresses, and a safe. The elevator is big enough for four people, not a tiny phone booth that can't hold one person plus a carry-on bag. Breakfast (included in our room rate) was actually good, and coffee very good in a pleasant garden-like room. Free WiFi plus two computers in the salon. Metro a few steps away, also several busses.. The street (Bourdonnais) is uninteresting, but Rue Cler market street, Eiffel Tower, Les Invalides, a great bakery (Pain Epi) are all close at hand.Staff was always helpful and friendly. If we stay in this area of Paris again it will definitely be at this hotel.

Tumwater, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

This hotel has a perfect location near the Eiffel Tower, the boat bus to many attractions, and the train stop--we rode the train from the airport to the hotel with no problem. It is a gem, small, charming, with wi-fi access. Our room on sixth floor had a view of the Eiffel Tower (3/4ths) from our window. The breakfast was generous with many options. The staff were friendly, bilingual, and very helpful. And comparatively, we felt it was a great value.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

The hotel is located in a wonderful neighborhood that is accessible to the Metro and to buses that took us to every sight we wanted to see. The staff was very helpful and professional. Our room was clean and well-appointed. The bathroom was large and comfortable. The breakfast was great. We had the trip of a life time!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

The hotel was great! It was clean and my room was wonderful, nice size.
Close to metro & bus and some sites. The staff was also wonderful. The airline lost my luggae for 3 days and the staff..Xavier-Julie and Sylvie tried thier hardest to find out about the status of my luggage and made my stay there so enjoyable. They also had free internet to my surprise and was very glad that they did. I recommend this hotel to everyone who visits Paris!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hotel La Bourdonnais? Share your experiences!