“Welcoming hotel in great location...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atelier Montparnasse

Save Saved
You added Atelier Montparnasse to your Saves list
Atelier Montparnasse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   84, rue Raymond Losserand | 14th Arr., 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #197 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Welcoming hotel in great location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A little late in writing a review but we had a wonderful stay here in April to celebrate a special occasion.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. We stayed in the junior suites which was good value to upgrade. Very spacious and loved the colour changing bath! A good small collection of food at breakfast time and was certainly enough to get you through the morning.

Hotel is in a lovely location and close to a metro station making all areas of Paris very accessible. There are plenty of eating places to choose from just a short walk away from the hotel. We found restaurants in this area to be better value for money compared to the main 'tourist' areas.

We would highly recommend the Atelier Montparnasse and are already planning our next stay!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ivan J, Directeur général at Atelier Montparnasse, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are delighted you had such a good time with us and that our location, service and efficiency met your expectations. We are also glad that you enjoyed our fantastic Junior Suite. I will share your comments with entire team so they can further be rewarded for their dedicated work and remain motivated to always deliver better experiences to our valued guest.
Many thanks for your loyalty and see you again soon at Atelier Montparnasse in the near future.

Warm regards,

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here 5 nights in a basic room. Overall we were disappointed b/c the room stunk and was small. The room was tiny...there was not enough room to open our suitcases and still walk around the bed. We were in Paris when it was warm and the air conditioning in our room would not stay on. In the middle of the night, (ever 15 minute or so) I would get warm and literally click the remote control to turn the air conditioning back on. (I didn't get good rest b/c I felt like I kept hitting the "Snooze" button to turn on the AC.) Around 6am, the street sweeper machine and trash machines would begin. We even slept with the windows open to try to help, but then it was really loud. The biggest disappointment....our shower smelled terribly of mildew. It was so bad....especially in the morning. (I'm not sure if it was a septic problem or what?) Pros: The room was clean, the location was authentically Paris...a cool area with bars, bakeries, fish market, vegetable stand, etc. And, the bed was comfortable. I see excellent reviews on this hotel and I think they must have stayed in an upgraded room. (I would highly recommend spending the extra money to upgrade your room if you choose this hotel.) We decided not to do this because we felt like we would not be in the room very often. However, we wish that we would have. Most of the staff here was extremely friendly...but they was one gentleman didn't have much personality and was not friendly at all. I am rating this as average b/c I realize that rooms are small in Europe, air conditioning is not as common, and loud streets are part of the charm. However, I will choose another hotel next time.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write this review on Tripadvisor.

We understand that you haven't found the room as comfortable as you have expected it and
we are very sorry for the smell you may have been disturbed with. The sifone just had to be readjusted. I think the the AC stayed on the timer mode, reason why it stopped every 15 minutes.

I really want to inform you so as our future guests, we are happy to help, whenever we are informed of such problems. In this particular case, the 2 problems could have been solved in a minute. I am though deeply sorry, and would like to apologize for this.

We are delighted however that you have enjoyed the service, the decoration and the location of the hotel .
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again,

Best Regards,

Woodstock, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at the Atelier Montparnasse for 4 nights in total, one of those nights was in a Havana Suite. I stayed my first night in the fancy Havana Suite and thoroughly enjoyed the amenities that came with it, a luxurious tub, Nespresso machine, and fantastic view of Montparnasse's streets, classic Parisian. The next day I headed out to Mont St. Michel, and the wonderful staff at Atelier gladly held my giant backpack, so all I had to take was an overnight bag. When I returned I stayed in the one of the standard room, no special amenities but a comfortable bed, wonderful rain shower, and a decent view. I would have loved a Nespresso machine in the second room, and it would have been snug for two people.

My advice: if you are alone, one of the standard suites is fine, but if you are traveling as a couple, upgrade to one of the suites, they are fabulous. I skipped breakfast because there are several boulangeries nearby. Oh, and there is a metro stop a block away.

Room Tip: I was on the second and third floors facing the street. With the windows open it could get noisy, bu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review about your recent stay at Atelier Montparnasse Hotel.
We are very proud that you enjoyed so much the Havana Junior Suite and the double room, a few days later, and that you noticed the attention to details.

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Best regards

Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staff were nice and friendly. The room was small but clean and well decorated. The bathroom was not great but ok - the shower leaked but not enough to worry about. We will try to get one of the lovely coloured baths if we stay again!!
Breakfast was really good. We could have eaten far too much!! The hotel is right next to a metro station and lots of shops, restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bath.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guests,

Thank you for this feedback and the kind comments about your recent stay at Atelier Montparnasse Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you on your return trip to Paris.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our first trip to Paris and we weren't disappointed. A stones throw from a Metro station (Pernety or Plaisance), the Atelier reception staff had a welcome smile and offer of a drink to wash off the travel dust.
The hotel room was just as advertised on the website, complete with funky bathtub (we stayed in the Havana club), double aspect windows and super comfortable bed. Our only minor, and it would be the only criticism given the sizes of French hotel rooms, would be the toilet is about four foot from the edge of the bed, separated by a sliding door. That's it, not much else, perhaps a large mirror for the vanity table.
Breakfast was superb, the staff always on hand to re-fill or assist should you need, setting us up for the day; after a busy day of wandering the Parisian attractions, return to find the room refreshed; fresh towels daily and fresh sheets after two nights, excellent care for our belongings (I'm a bit messy) and overall, everything you expect from a hotel with a huge dose of personal care. A short walk nearby, search out the secret little Bistrots and stay off the main road for real French cuisine.
Our tip, if you can stretch to it, go for the Havana club as its fantastic value for money, we would rate this hotel above three star.

Room Tip: Havana club room is fantastic value for money. Thin walls are expected as norm, but does not impact...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ivan J, Directeur général at Atelier Montparnasse, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for this wonderful review.

We are delighted you had such a good time with us and that our location, service and efficiency met your expectations. We are also glad that you enjoyed your fantastic Havana Junior Suite, with a special deal on our website. I will share your comments with entire team so they can further be rewarded for their dedicated work and remain motivated to always deliver better experiences to our valued guest.
Many thanks for your loyalty, we hope to see you again at Atelier Montparnasse in the near future.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 4 nights. Everything was very nice in the common area when we came in. A nice sitting area with a fireplace, magazines and self serve bar. The room was small but that was expected for Paris. The bathroom was very nice with a large shower. The room also had a small TV and mini bar. The keys were also the old fashioned lock and key, not the electronic ones that most hotels use. It is very close to a metro stop and from the hotel to the louvre or eiffel tower was probably only 15 minutes vis metro with one transfer. We didn't do breakfast there as there is a great pastry shop outside the hotel and to the left a block or two. The staff was friendly and spoke English well but not fantastically. I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at Atelier Montparnasse Paris. It is a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your time in Paris and especially at our hotel.
It is our most important goal to make each guest’s stay as comfortable as possible. We are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere created through the breakfast and lounge areas.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed for five nights with my boyfriend. The hotel is 2 mins away from the metro station. Normal breakfast. Clean and room is rather small. Excellent and friendly staff. From hotel to CDG by taxi around an hr with abit traffic which cost you abt €63. Food is all around you, pls use trip advisor for direction and selection.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you so much for this feedback and the kind comments about Atelier Montparnasse.
I am glad that we replied that well to your expectations and that you were pleased with the friendly staff, the cleanliness, and the comfortable room. I will definiyely share your comment with the hotel’s team.

We all look forward to welcoming you on your return trip to Paris.

Ivan Janes

Been to Atelier Montparnasse? Share your experiences!