We stayed here 5 nights in a basic room. Overall we were disappointed b/c the room stunk and was small. The room was tiny...there was not enough room to open our suitcases and still walk around the bed. We were in Paris when it was warm and the air conditioning in our room would not stay on. In the middle of the night, (ever 15 minute or so) I would get warm and literally click the remote control to turn the air conditioning back on. (I didn't get good rest b/c I felt like I kept hitting the "Snooze" button to turn on the AC.) Around 6am, the street sweeper machine and trash machines would begin. We even slept with the windows open to try to help, but then it was really loud. The biggest disappointment....our shower smelled terribly of mildew. It was so bad....especially in the morning. (I'm not sure if it was a septic problem or what?) Pros: The room was clean, the location was authentically Paris...a cool area with bars, bakeries, fish market, vegetable stand, etc. And, the bed was comfortable. I see excellent reviews on this hotel and I think they must have stayed in an upgraded room. (I would highly recommend spending the extra money to upgrade your room if you choose this hotel.) We decided not to do this because we felt like we would not be in the room very often. However, we wish that we would have. Most of the staff here was extremely friendly...but they was one gentleman didn't have much personality and was not friendly at all. I am rating this as average b/c I realize that rooms are small in Europe, air conditioning is not as common, and loud streets are part of the charm. However, I will choose another hotel next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 15 minutes walk from Montparnasse, hotel ATELIER Montparnasse is a design hotel of 40 air conditioned rooms that can accommodate 1 or 2 people with complimentary wireless internet access. This 3* hotel is an ideal base for the discerning business person, for Champs-Elysées and Porte de Versailles Exhibition Centre (a 15-minutes metro ride), or for exploring Paris's many tourist or pleasure attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, AvailPro, Tingo, Venere, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Atelier Montparnasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atelier Montparnasse Hotel Paris
- Alesia Montparnasse Paris
- Alesia Montparnasse Hotel Paris