“If Carlsberg did hotels ....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Favart

You added La Maison Favart to your Saves list
La Maison Favart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5, Rue de Marivaux | 2nd Arr, 75002 Paris, France (Opera / Bourse)   |
Ranked #12 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Bakewell
“If Carlsberg did hotels ....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This time in Paris was destined to be the foundation slab of the rest of my life - so clearly I needed a hotel which was perfect in every way - but as ever - I didn't have an unlimited budget. I feel certain even with a limitless budget I could not have made a better choice.

This hotel is like a 2 carat flawless yellow diamond. Hakim, the concierge, tells me the owner has spared no expense in the creation process and continues through to the every day maintenance - nothing is too special or costly if it will bring joy to his clientelle.

I kind of sussed that when I touched the walls of the bedroom and realised it was fabric and not wallpaper. I am running out of superlatives, I need a thesaurus at my elbow to explain to you why - if you are looking for a hotel in central Paris - then look no further.

The staff would do handstands for you if you only requested it. When returning to the hotel at night, bottles of wine and lager and hot drinks and light snacks are offered (as if to a friend - not a client - "come help yourself, it is no charge" - which confused me a little as it is described as an Honesty Bar - and I don't want to presume and never want to make a faux pas - it was quite clearly offered as no charge - and that was the icing on a beautiful cake.

Sleep comfort was perfect, the shower was better than 100% wonderful, the windows exclude all noise (although it is a quiet street - there is a bit of construction down the road a little way, and while that is temporary and no fault of the hotel, it is useful to have windows which exclude that noise and dust). The curtains exclude 100% of light, the quality of the bed linen is superb, the housekeeping is thorough and faultless. The breakfast was set for a Prince and his Princess ... honestly, the Queen of England would not have a more comfortable stay in Paris nor receive better treatment than we received.

I will write a personal thank you note and send it - as dedication to excellence deserves recognition. If you stay anywhere else than here, you will be missing out on a treat.

I am mindful that a commercial establishment needs a profit or it will not stay in business - so I am only a little bashful to say that I e mailed and received a quotation which was higher than when I booked on Expedia. Paris is hurting just now in terms of the numbers of tourists - this hotel had a lot of cancellations after January's atrocity - and the city as a whole seemed quiet. This is a magical place where we received an excellent experience - the restaurants, the taxis, the bateaux mouches were terrific. I had visited Paris for an exhibition at the Foundation Louis Vuitton in the Bois de Boulogne - which I highly recommend and is worth the trouble of getting yourself to Paris to experience.

This hotel will stay in my memories forever - and I hope to add to the memories with a repeat visit soon.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a Deluxe Room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

THANK YOU very much for your very good rate and your extensive comments about your last stay at La Maison Favart. I was very pleased to read that you had a wonderful time during your time with us.

The support of our guests is extremely rewarding for our team and we really appreciate your compliments about the littles attentions and the gracious service you received during your stay with us.

Please be assured that I will share your kind words with our staff. Your comments are the basis for their motivation and your kind words will encourage them to keep on giving their very best.

Thank you once again for the great amount of time you have taken to share your kind words of appreciation.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to your Parisian Residence.

Assistant Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Brenham, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel was very welcoming and has a lot of extras! We stayed for 4 nights and the hotel was in a great location to walk to all of the up and coming restaurants we wanted to visit as well as being close to a metro stop! Hakim even gave us great recommendations! Loved the hotel!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had good recommandations from our concierge Hakim.

We look forward to welcome you back at La Maison Favart hopefully in the near future.

Best regards,

Westlake Village, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved Favart, the location was great for walking and the hotel has all kinds of nice extras. We had the double deluxe room, it was fine but may be small for some. We were there a week and really not in the room a lot so it worked. If you have a lot of luggage, there is not much storage/hanging space, but we were ok as light travelers. I was confused from the prior messages regarding the courtyard. The street view looks out over the street and public square (courtyard) in front of the Comedy Opera. It’s a quite street. We stayed on the inner courtyard, which is really not much of a courtyard, its more a gap between some buildings, so no view of anything but a wall, but you get a balcony which is nice if you want some extra room to walk around. The hotel is super quiet. The A/C in the room is so quiet I thought it was not working. The breakfast at 15 euros was good value, you have a great spread of stuff and its all you can eat so if you’re hungry it works. Near any of the metro stations there are restaurant/cafes that do breakfast for around 8 euros, but you get just a small juice, coffee and a pastry. If that’s all you need then avoid the hotel. Each day the full breakfast includes a great tart, what’s left is available for free later in the day for afternoon tea or whatever. These tarts are outstanding. The coffee and tea are excellent, so we made a point each day of doing that in the dining room. If you want supplies there is a great Monoprix a short distance from the hotel with all kinds of good food and snacks. Staff at the hotel are super helpful and friendly. As other posts point out the pool, sauna and massage bed are outstanding, definitely worth a visit. The only thing we didn’t like was that on the day of our departure the free wi-fi account was disabled, probably because we were leaving. Only problem is that at 2 in the morning you don’t want to go down stairs to get it turned back on. The hotel should just log you out at then end of the day you leave. Well done Favart, we hope to be back !!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and all hotel services. I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at La Maison Favart.

Our guests satisfaction is what motivates our team to keep on providing outstanding service and offering such personal attention to our guests. So, you can be sure that I will share your appraisal with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Best regards,

Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in a junior suite for two nights last week and have not experienced anything special. We are used to stay in other hotels of supposedly same standards but which are much more welcoming to their guests with real concierge service and a personal approach to clientele. We arrived at La maison Favart and had to remove all luggage ourselves, remove parking cone while the bagagist was sitting arms crossed looking at us. We came back after diner at 10pm and no one even knew guests were entering the hotel. No contact is made with the guest. The wifi is a nightmare. You must ask for a code each time you switch your ipad on, it's supposed to work 24h but as soon as you leave the hotel and come back you need to ask for new codes...the breakfast is ok, comparable to any other 3 stars hotels in Paris, nothing more. The situation of the hotel is not as central as the ones around La Madeleine or St Honore streets. We wanted to try a new address to change from the 8th arrondissement hotels but will definitely go back these ones instead.

Room Tip: The bathroom in the Suite is tiny, you cannot exit the shower if the door id bathroom is not properl...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
stéphanie B, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your honest and constructive feedback and of course for having taken the time to share your experience with us.

I regret that we did not fulfill your expectations in regards to our wi-fi service and your remarks are being taken up. I also appologize by the fact you didn't get help from our concierge when you arrive.

We hope that despite these issues, you enjoyed your stay in Paris and we shall soon again have the chance to welcome you,

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a great 5 night stay at La Maison Favart. It's located very close to a metro stop, it is very well decorated, room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff were kind, welcoming, and very helpful with making reservations. Bathroom was very nice (great water pressure!). Breakfast was good but pricey.

Room Tip: We were in 36 - deluxe room with a private balcony.
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your positive feedback and nice compliments. it is wonderful to see that you enjoyed your time spent with us and our excellent location.

Hoping to welcome you back soon at La Maison Favart.

With best regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I don't normally write reviews' especially in the middle of our stay but this hotel deserves all the accolades ! Chic, beautiful, understated and just wonderfully full of Parisian atmosphere! We are staying we our two young daughters who adore the gorgeous pool and the tart of the day' especially the chocolate one ! The staff were very happy to keep supplying my oldest with yet another piece! Lovely breakfast, comfortable rooms and the staff are so friendly, helpful and polite! We are leaving on Saturday but this has become one of our favourite hotels and we will be back often !!
Just lovely!

Dear Olga,

Thank you again for your review and the good score you gave us. It was a great pleasure for us to host you and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at La Maison Favart.

We truly appreciate your excellent remarks on our service, the room and the breakfast.

I hope you had a safe journey home and that you will give us the pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards,

Asssitant Director
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a great experience with the super friendly and helpful staff, immaculate throughout and a great little pool & sauna. Loved the breakfasts and the hotel robes and slippers which we wore to the pool. There is even a small fitness room with a towel and bottle of water by each of the machines.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving La Maison Favart with such great comments!
It makes us very happy that you are pleased with our services, and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

With best regards,

Assistant Director

Been to La Maison Favart? Share your experiences!