“Beautiful boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Favart

You added La Maison Favart to your Saves list
La Maison Favart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5, Rue de Marivaux | 2nd Arr, 75002 Paris, France (Opera / Bourse)   |
Ranked #24 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Beautiful boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

It is in a great location, I initially had misgivings as I was in a room on the first floor overlooking a little square. But street noise was minimal. The welcome by staff was wonderful, very professional. Hakim, the concierge, spent time showing me the features of my room, and providing guidance on where to eat for dinner. I loved the soft sheets, and comfortable bed, slept really well. I will stay here again when next I visit Paris

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank StarliteAustralia

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Since La Maison Favart is #1 hotel in paris on tripadvisor at the moment, I can't say anything better than all the reviews below. but still adding some personal impressions..
This is such a beautiful boutique hotel. I strongly recommend to stay if this is in your budget.

Lobby was fabulously decorated with class.
Room was beautiful and exquisite. I loved that they kept the original ceiling wool construction and just painted to match the interior. I was totally in love with the art deco shaped huge crescent/arch window wide open to the little square in front of the hotel.
Nespresso machine in the room is definitely a big plus.

Most of all, I have to say the service is better than any super fancy hotels I have stayed all over the world. The concierge was so professional, knowledgeable, nice and even with sense of humor! You really do feel like you are treated so special!

If I have to say one little thing, it's really hard to park around. so as anywhere in the center of Paris.

Over all it's super excellent. and you won't regret to choose this hotel!
Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Bunnybeetheb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Only small complaints were the small size of the deluxe room (26) and the wrong (double priced) buffet breakfast on our bill instead of the continental breakfast. That out of the way; the hotel's location was perfect for access to the famous monuments, we easily managed to walk from the Eifel Tower to Notre Dame to Sacre Coeur then back. The hotel is tucked away on a small quiet road next to the Opera Comique, less than one minute from the Metro Richelieu Drouot. The period building is stylishly and comfortably decorated and impressed when we walked in. The staff offered us a warm welcome and were really helpful throughout the stay. Hakim, the concierge was especially helpful, giving us excellent restaurant recommendations based on what we described we wanted, he even printed of Google maps so that we could easily find the restaurants.
The bar area and lounge were relaxed with log fires that helped warm us up after walking around in -1 degree temperatures in the day. The sauna and well-being area were also perfect for recouping from hours of seeing the sites. The room was spotless, with a world class bed and pillows and a modern style bathroom with bath tub and shower – so all good.
Will definitely pay another visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelbaggins
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a quite a few misgivings about staying here, given the stress and hassle of trying to book with the hotel directly 2 x interconnecting/adjacent rooms for my family. Lots of confusing and contradicting emails from the hotel. The hotel itself is a small boutique, the rooms are comfortable, facilities are limited and is in a good location, 10 minutes walk from the Louvre. The hotel concierge gave us 2 x really poor restaurant bookings, despite having given him a pretty detailed brief. Maybe it was my accent. I can see why Maison Favart is well-regarded and popular, though on this occasion, it just didnt really work for us. I will add, though that by Paris standards, its very good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
9 Thank londontraveller655
maisonfavart, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for sharing your comment on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry about the inconvenience caused to you when you made your reservation. There was a little confusion with the number of persons and we didn't propose you the correct type of room suitable for 3 persons. For this reason, I have upgraded your family in a suite.
It is with great regret we read that you didn't enjoy your dinner in the 2 bistrots recommended by our concierges. We have well noticed that they didn't answer to your expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming you again and please do not hesitate to contact me personally for your future arrangements.
Stéphanie Boivent Richez
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

A boutique hotel situated in a quite location in Paris. Close to the metro, fairly central. Small reception area, front desk manager was helpful and polite. We booked a classic room. The room was very small indeed, it had no drawers and only one narrow cupboard which also contained the safe and a mini bar. There was no room to put 95% of our luggage (we had only 2 small suite cases). We booked the hotel mainly because of its pool. We found that it was closed for the entire time of our stay for cleaning.
After speaking to the front desk manager and advising of our dissatisfaction, we were upgraded to a suite. I highly recommended to book a suite as its an utterly different experience. Its like a small apartment. It has a lounge, 2 bathroom and a bedroom. The suite was very quite. Hakim the concierge was brilliant, he is very good in advising various locations to visit etc. and keen to assist. Breakfast was delicious and had various dishes and lovely coffee.
The rooms and the hotel in general is very clean. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite, as a classic room is very small indeed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Sea98
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed for a week-end in Paris in early December.

We chose the hotel because it’s part of the Iprefer boutiques and was Tripadvisor rated #2 hotel in Paris at booking time.

It’s a very small hotel, with limited amenities no complementary chocolates or Champaign, turn down was basic but the service was quick and staff were fine.

The location is very good.

The hotel is located on a quiet street near Boulevard Des Capucines and near Place de la Madeleine so it’s great for shopping, restaurants and attending a show: Paris Opera, Olympia, Place Vendome, Galeries Lafayette and Printemps Department Store are between .5 to 1 KM away. Starbucks and many great food options are footsteps away.
Paris is a very easy city to walk around and cabs are not expensive.

I would recommend it for travellers, looking for comfort away from the traditional tourists spots. Like most hotels in Paris, Hotel Favart rooms are very small, no space to lounge even if we were upgraded to a better room.

We had asked months in advance, our rooms was not for early morning check/in.
So after a long red eye flight we needed to nap and shower, especially since everything is closed in Paris on Sundays.

This is a good hotel for the price and location, but I would not call it great or fantastic but very good.

Don't forget to ask for your complementary souvenir hotel book, its a nice takeaway and an interesting read as this hotel as a longstanding history with the neighborhood and strong ties to the arts.

Room Tip: rooms are small, luggage storage space is limited, no bathtub just a shower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Globetrotter_411
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for five nights in October along with my parents for my mom's 65th birthday. We all loved the hotel. It is in a great location, very close to the Louvre and the Opera, a metro stop and many great restaurants. The guys at the front desk were very friendly and were very helpful making dinner reservations as well as tickets to Moulin Rouge per our request. The rooms were very cute and the shower was awesome, great water pressure out of a rainhead shower spout out of the ceiling, great bath products too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple