“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5, Rue de Marivaux | 2nd Arr, 75002 Paris, France   |
Ranked #20 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I had spent months researching hotels for a special trip to Paris, I eventually booked this hotel, mainly because it ticked the boxes;
I wanted a French inspired hotel but with a modern clean feel. This hotel is stunning, from the moment you walk through the door you are greeted with smiles, offered drinks and generally made to feel very welcome.
The location of the hotel is great, plenty of shops, food places and literally a couple of minutes walk to the metro. Probably a 15 walk to the seine?
We were upgraded upon arrival which made our day, the room was beautiful!
Best shower I've used, bed was to die for, free films and a great coffee machine.
Spotlessly clean.
Also to note there is a bottle of water on the table, this is not free! It's 4 euros from the mini bar so just be careful.
The iPod station, bathrobes and slippers all add to the comfort.
Hakim showed us to our room and took the time to show us on a map where we were, what we might like to see, how to get there, very helpful. He also booked our restaurants and taxis without any bother. I emailed them before my arrival with regards to the restaurant so I wasn't having to call Paris.
We didn't eat at the hotel simply because we wanted to experience the cafe culture, but the food looked great!
The building in front of the hotel is undergoing renovation so is covered but you will not hear a thing with regards to any work being done.
Travelling from CDG airport I recommend using the Rossybus!
It picks you up from the airport and drops you at the Opera. One stop, very easy to use, costs 10euros each but there are no changes like the RER so you can just get on and not have to worry about missing your stop or changing metro stations. The Opera stop is literally a 5 minute walk to the hotel, not hard to navigate, I just used maps on my iPhone. The Rossybus runs every 15 mins and takes about 45-60 minutes depending on traffic, you get to see Paris on your way in too instead of train tracks!
I nearly forgot to mention the pool, it's lovely, maybe a little cold but that's just personal preference, because it's not big I just assumed it would be like a giant hot tub?
The hotel has really thought of everything, our stay in Paris was perfect due to this, I would most definitely return on our next visit to Paris!

• Stayed November 2012
maisonfavart, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your very nice review, we are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our Maison Favart.
Following your comment, I need to correct one thing: the bottle of water on the desk is complimentary. The day of arrival, all our guests will find this free bottle of water. We do not charge it, we charge only the bottles taken from the minibar.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again to Paris in our hotel.
Yours sincerely
Stéphanie Richez Boivent
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Korean first
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This place has a very nice location, good service and the decoration is simple but nice. Even the price is high and the rooms are a bit "too" small the only real problem we had during our stay was that the room was too cold during the evening, apparently the windows isolation is not good and either the heating system. For all the rest, highly recommended

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I visited Paris last week with my teenage son. A combination of wanting to be in the 2nd Arr. area and having rather tired of staying at our usual Hotel de Crillon I was rather pleased to find La Maison Favart on Trip advisor. In the short time it took me to complete my travel arrangements the option of a twin-bedded room had been snapped up. I booked a double, rather erroneously thinking that the bed could be split into two separate beds.
We arrived and were shown to our beautifully decorated but very small room. The bed could not be split and enquired if something could be done. It was either Hakim or Annabelle that very quickly picked up on my son's expression; that he had absolutely no intention a sleeping in the same bed as his mother.
We went out for a few hours and on our arrival back at the hotel Annabelle greeted us with the news that they had upgraded us to room with a double and a separate sofa bed. We both could have hugged her.
My son instantly cheered up as soon as he saw the room; Madame Chantilly. The sofa is split from the main bedroom area by the bathroom - almost his own little room!
The room is beautiful as is the rest of the hotel. Its spotlessly clean, beds and pillows are really comfy and the bathroom lacks clutter with plenty of space for your toiletries. There isn't a bathtub, which would have been nice for a soak after a long day in our feet in chilly weather. The room overlooks a side-road and the opera square and was completely quiet day and night.
I really enjoyed the breakfast. I'm not a fan of having to leave the hotel to hunt for something to eat first thing in the morning. There is a wide choice of food, both hot and cold, available which should please most palates.
My only disappointment was taking the hotel's recommendation of eating at the Petit Riche restaurant - a place to be avoided. Amongst many disappointments with this restaurant my fish arrived barely cooked and still fridge-cold in parts. As it was inedible I refused to pay and some grumbling it was eventually taken off the bill.
My overall experience of La Maison Favart was fantastic and my son and I agreed that we would definitely like to return. It's my belief that the staff genuinely want you to be happy and want their hotel to be the best.

Room Tip: All the rooms are small. Check which ones offer a little more space.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the lovely La Maisan Favart this fall. Along with the beautiful furnishings, excellent service and delicious breakfast, we found the history and overall charm of the entire hotel perfectly French. Our room was upgraded to a lovely suite-living area and full bath downstairs and bedroom with full bath upstairs. Two flat screen TVs and free Internet. There was a nice breakfast in thir lovely room with a fireplace, but not included in the price. The concierge, Hakim, was exceptionally helpful with all our reservation needs. The entire staff could not have been more accommodating. Be sure to get your tickets to museums prior to visiting the site. Many tickets can be booked online right at the hotel. Hotel staff assisted us and we saved hours not standing in line. The only downside is that area was undergoing renovation but we were not disturbed when inside the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Maison Favart with our two young daughters for 3 nights. Having spent many years in the leisure industry I suppose I can be a little impatient if a property doesn't deliver on its promises. Travellers need have no concerns in this case. This is a beautifully furnished and well-appointed hotel in a very good, central location. As has been mentioned many times, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return. One minor point (which afflicts hotels everywhere, but is acute here) is the breakfast charge. 22 Euro is simply excessive. However, there are many perfectly good cafes very close by. Finally, be aware that the attractive building which features in many of the photographs is currently covered in scaffolding and tarpaulin, so the views aren't so great right now. However, this is obviously nothing to do with the hotel, which is a delight.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a romantic weekend. The reception was warm, welcoming and friendly. The attention to detail is outstanding. Yes the rooms are compact and bijou but the bed was very comfortable - a reasonably sized double. We had a balcony and another large window in room 36 so it didn't feel so small. There is a mini bar and free espresso coffee or herbal tea. One tip might be to add a regular breakfast tea as well earl grey. I suggest going out for breakfast. The cheapest in Paris is Chez Mimi next door. A coffee/pastry/fresh OJ for €2.90! Also there is a quaint honesty bar down in the lounge where you can have a glass of wine or cake & coffee after a day's sightseeing. The little pool/spa bath, sauna and gym are beautiful and a welcome treat after a day walking in Paris. Gilles, the concierge is very accommodating. However most good finds we had were from our own research. Go to the Louvre on Fiday afternoon (10 min walk and tiny queue!) Then on to Frenchies restaurant. Also a short walk away. A beautiful boutique hotel. Although on the pricier side you won't be disappointed.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Thank you tripadvisor. This hotel is beautiful. We considered staying in a couple of the 5 stars in the opera area. We are so glad we changed our mind. The staff are fantastic doing everything they could to enhance our stay. Our room was an amazing suite on the top floor with outstanding decoration. The pool area has been very cleverly decorated and makes for a very relaxing hour or two. If you are not booking this hotel because it has no manned bar or Resturant it doesn't matter. There is an honesty bar which is very welcoming and about 20 cafes in easy walking distance. In short we loved it.

Been to La Maison Favart? Share your experiences!