“Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Montaigne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 ave Montaigne | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #756 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Stouffville
“Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Hotel Montaigne is a beautiful, charming, luxury hotel. The location superb, with some of the worlds best shopping, restaurants and sights all within minutes walking distance.A very chic, beautifully appointed bar/lounge at front of hotel offered the comfort of enjoying a coffee and croissant or a cocktail, all while being seated in a newly and beautifully decorated space, a fireplace gently warming us from the cool of October. The rooms equally as lovely, beautifully decorated, with completely modern bathrooms, double sinks, large shower, and perfect large, deep tub. The bed and linen, some of the best I have ever experienced. We slept soundly and comfortably. And most important, what really becomes the final point of a perfect hotel stay, the service at reception was excellent. They were extremely helpful with everything. No request was to great. All was done with a lovely smile, and kind conversation. And it continued each and everyday with every greeting. A wonderful hotel. A wonderful stay. And wonderful reception. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaetan H, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Montaigne, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Teresa C,

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Montaigne Paris.

We have indeed an exclusive and unique location on Avenue Montaigne.

Also, we make everything for you to feel good and welcomed during your stay.

We really hope to see you soon !

The Hotel Montaigne's team wishes you a Merry Christmas

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Buenos AIres
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Spent two nights at this property due to its central location which is indeed really superb.

Shortly before leaving for Paris I actually read a review about it on Trip Advisor which was utmost critical regarding the hotel´s service and I was almost about to cancel (but did not do so otherwise I would have had to pay a cancellation fee) my reservation since I was fearful of experiencing a similar bad treatment described by that reviewer. Having said that, I arrived with mixed feelings what I would expect.

To cut the long story short: my stay was all in pleasant. Below the details:

Location: prime location just around Avenue George V on Avenue Montaigne.

Public spaces: the hotel is fairly small, so are the public spaces like reception area, breakfast room and lounge / bar area. Everything nicely designed and tastefully decorated.

Staff: was friendly both at check in as well as during check out. No problems were encountered.

Room: I had a room facing the street. Windows were absolutely sound proof although I believe it even would not have been necessary since Avenue Montaigne is not a very busy street anyway. My room was fairly small but very nicely appointed and decorated. Walls were partially wood pannelled and furniture were made from a very nice and polished wood in warm tones. The bathroom completely pannelled by a very nice marble, featuring both a shower cabin and a bathtub. There were many different sources of lighting, almost a bit too many since you need to get used to so many switches.

Price: I have to say the price tag of more than 360 EUR for a one night stay without breakfast is hefty.....not quite sure whether it was really worth it. On the other hand side, the location is indeed great and other 4 - 5 star hotels are charging often even much more for a room.

All in: Excellent location, lovely rooms and friendly staff. If you do not mind to spend a lot of money, this is certainly a hotel which you can try for a weekend trip to Paris.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Montaigne is small, luxury, and has a wonderful location. But as soon as we checked in, we realized that even though it was a nice hotel, it did not worth the price we were paying. The receptionist that received us was very kind and friendly and she spoke really good english. But she was the only one in the whole staff who could communicate in English. We left our bags in the room and noticed some big problems, such as spider nets on the lamps and a huge bathroom leaking. we then decided that we qould not pay such a fortune in a hotel like this. We decided to go for a walk but before that, on the same day the we checked in, we informed the hotel that we would like to leave before September 11 (which was according to our reservation). The receptionist told us that there would be any problem leaving the hotel sooner.
We spent that night on the hotel but we did not find another good hotel for the second day, so we decided to stay ond more night. I also informed the hotel, in the morning and at night, that I would leave the hotel on september 9th. Again, I was informed by another receptionist that there would be no problem about it. Also, on my reservation on Booking.com, there were no penalties or problems if I leave the hotel sooner.
So on Septemberr 8th at night, I asked the recptionist to pay my account, because I would leave the hotel in the other day early in the morning. We payed for the two days and extra expenses and closed the account, and received the receipt, which proved that I had paid my account. At that time, I also asked the receptionist if I needed to go to the check out counter again and she said no, that everything was ok and I could just leave in the morning. And that's exactly what we did in the following morning...... BUT...... As soon as we left the hotel with our bags, the bell man followed us, running and screaming, yelling loudly that we were running away without paying the account. He said we should go back and pay the account - which we had already done the night before.
I showed him the bill, the receipt, but he did not believe us and kept yelling on the street that we were running away without paying our stay. He called another receptionist, which I had never seen before and that could barely speak english. She also yelled at us in the street, saying that we had to pay two more nights even though we were not staying there.
We followed them back to the hotel because there were already a lot of people looking at us as if we were thieves.
At the hotel, I talked to a receptionist and also to a manager. They told me that there was a policy that staed that I had to pay all the reserved nights. But this policy was never informed to me, not by Booking.com neither by the hotel during my check in. They told me I should have informed the hotel 48 hours before the departure - which I had done even without knowing the policy, because I informed the hotel when I was leaving at the time I checked in.
After a lot of screams, threathens to call the police (which I wanted them to do, because I had the payment receipt in my hands) and shouts, they let me go. But it was the worst hotel experience I had in my whole life. It was awful, humilliating, and extremely disgraceful. I can say STAY AWAY of this hotel and its unprepared staff. Unless you want to be called a thief in the middle of a luxuous Paris street.

Stayed September 2013
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Montaigne.
It's very well located with very nice and spacious rooms and bathrooms.
The service is essential but nice and kind.
I would definitely suggest to stay there if visiting Paris.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed for a week at Hotel Montaigne for a week in July and it was just perfect for me. My holiday had started badly with Air France choosing not to deliver my luggage for my entire week's stay in my previous destination, Buenos Aires and AF also bumping me off my overbooked return flight. However, I had asked Hotel Montaigne to help with the unsurprisingly overburdened Air France lost luggage information and my bag was delivered there just before my arrival.

This hotel has four stars but for the elegance, comfort and functionality of my room I give full five stars. I am missing that room even now. Although on the first floor and facing the street the room was absolutely quiet. The staff was among the most charming I have encountered within the travel industry.

Location is ideal and memorable. The leafy Avenue Montaigne, of course, is the grand lady of Parisian streets where the spirit of Haute couture lives on. The most sophisticated shopping is here in the golden triangle. And gentlemen, do not bother to go to a car show to inspect the latest Ferraris and Lamborghinis - you can spot them all on this Avenue.

A few humble suggestions. What would we love more than French culinary traditions but because this is a renovated hotel amidst the world's most trendsetting boutiques I expected the breakfast items and food presentation to be a little more innovative. Also, because the reception desk is placed sideways the first thing you see when you enter the hotel is a white door with large black lettering 'toilettes'. I wonder if this could be more discreet.

I recommend highly for the excellent service and French modern classic decor of the highest standard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very nice boutique hotel in a great location. Easy walk to shopping, museums, Eiffel Tower, Seine River Cruises and restaurants. Staff was always helpful. Room was great with a separate shower and tub! Restaurant was great too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a nice small property in a great location. rooms are small ( that's expected in Paris) but looked nice and luxurious. staff were friendly and nice too. upon arrival to the room, the first issue i encountered was the Air Conditioner, it was a hot day in Paris and the room was not cool enough, The Wifi was not working in my room (and so i didn't have internet during my entire stay, it did work in lobby and other parts of the hotel though, The shampoo and shower gel was not replaced/refilled when it was empty, the room was generally not cleaned properly (they did not move or wash some used glasses in the room). i would not have been that critical if i wasn't paying 529 Euros a night for this hotel! for that price, i had higher expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Montaigne? Share your experiences!