“Shocking” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ile de France Opera Hotel

You added Ile de France Opera Hotel to your Saves list
Ile de France Opera Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26, rue Saint Augustin | 2nd Arr., 75002 Paris, France (Opéra)   |
Ranked #1,405 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
London, England, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Lord only knows where this hotel took its pictures for their website but it certainly wasn't here! The smallest dirtiest hotel room I have ever spent time in and I paid €190 A NIGHT for the privilege. I ordered a triple room even though I was travelling alone and was greeted by a tiny room with three single beds crammed in it. I had an amazing 6 square feet of floor space (woohoo). Everything was shabby and dirty, no shower curtain or guard which had me showering on my knees to avoid a flood, filthy behind the exposed pipes of the toilet, broken hinges on the wardrobes, uncontrollable heating, massive aircon unit that didn't work, lamps from the 1970's that were on at a bizarre angle, TV not on straight, curtains and carpets from a different era, awful. An ironing board and iron were outside the front door on the very dark landing as they obviously couldn't fit it in. Breakfast was a bowl of coco pops served by a miserable waiteress in the reception area of the hotel which was cold and had people in and out the whole time. Oddly, I was the only one taking breakfast. Terrible place. Avoid at all costs. ps: just read a review that gave this hotel 3 stars despite finding a dead rat in the room so some people have some VERY low standards...........

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Although the room we stayed in was rather small, the reception we got was warm and friendly. The room was confortable and cosy.
We were at the hotel in January and there was quite a lot of snow in Paris. We had to leave Paris on a Sunday morning and due to the snow, we could not find a taxi. Buses were not running, the metro not working. For hours, Joelle, the receptionist, made all she could to get us a taxi to the airport and she managed to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hermosa Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Although this hotel had the smallest rooms we have ever seen, it has given us a cute story. Someone with a good attitude will enjoy it - it is almost as if everything was miniaturized, even the elevator (our big suitcase didn’t fit so my husband carried it up the spiral staircase. It did have a good location and a very French style breakfast. We actually booked the hotel in the airport after we arrived Paris.
As all the French seem to be, they are nicer to women, so I was always the one who asked for everything - it worked out just fine. We returned to the hotel at about 3-4am, the door was locked, and the gentleman had to come to the door to let us in. He was nice about it.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
parijs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

A request to reschedule the 3 night stay with one day was according to the hotel owner never received, so we arrived one day later then they were expecting us. I showed proof the request was sent by email, but they told us we still had to pay the day they were expecting us and had to pay additional 200 eur if we wanted to stay an extra night.They were not willing to make any gesture for the misunderstanding. As we decided to not extend the stay we spend 660 EUR for 2 nights only.... Hotel quality is very bad. Small room, poor finishing, dirty, poor breakfast with old bread/ jam and bad coffee.We would certainly not go back and advise anybody to choose a better hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

My work colleague and I stayed at this hotel in April 2011. Our experience was shockingly bad. Even though my colleague had a reservation and we had paid for his room, he was called partway through our second day in Paris and told that he would have to transfer rooms as they were overbooked. He had to leave market research testing to deal with packing his bags and finding a new place to stay. Then, when we got our credit card bill- we found that the hotel had double charged us for my colleague’s room. I HIGHLY advise against staying at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed in this Hotel for a week last month, July 2010. This hotel is located in an upscale neighborhood close to the Louvre, restaurants, metro. The staff was friendly and professional and WIFI was only 3euros/ 3 days. However, my room was very very dirty. I found a dying rat in my room on the last day of my stay (!!!!!), the blanket had stains, there was black mold in the shower and the carpet needed to be deep cleaned. If the hotel was clean and rodent free I would have given them a 4/5...Hopefully they can pull their act together as this has the potential to be a charming hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed this hotel's annex which was actually a hotel ascott just round the corner. It was a top floor family room, lift is small just like any other hotels in paris, so mind you.
We didn't know we were to sent there until we arrived but the stuff from Ile de France came and helped our bags all the way, and as it was a quad room, but we are 3 of us and a baby, he was able to collaps the extra bed and made more space for us, and put us a cot ( which we had to remind but every thing was so quick and he was so friendly!) The room was all toile de jouy and bathroom was so clean. there was a mini bar and kettle, but no tea bags nor coffee so if you fancy a cup of tea, remember to pack your own ( which I did anyway!)
The reception is much more friendly at the ile de france, but I reckon this is the same ownership and they are trying to refurbishing all the rooms....as I saw more pretty white furniture arriving at the reception area. Only 5mins from the opera, lovely bakry just round the corner, full of japanese restaurants around...(my japanese parents was so pleased..) I didn't try breakfast as I had a baby and my parents not keen on western breakfast, but monoprix is so near you can helpyoursef if you prefer. Next time love to stay in a main building!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ile de France Opera Hotel? Share your experiences!