“Great Location, Terrific Service” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Rue Meyerbeer, 75009 Paris, France (Opera / Bourse)   |
Ranked #262 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Location, Terrific Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at W Paris Opera for 6 nights in December and I was extremely satisfied with the property.

The staff were excellent, in particular their hotel manager, who took pains to help me get an enhanced room due to my Starwood Business status, despite the fact that the hotel was quite full. I greatly appreciated it, and the rest of the staff all had impeccable service. There was no air of snobbishness and I felt that everyone was truly warm and helpful.

The room was an enhanced room, and I really liked the layout. The beds, signature to all W hotels, were so comfortable we slept in till noon every day. Room service was quick, efficient and professional.

The best part of the hotel is its location. Conveniently located smack in the middle of Opera, it is so easy to get to all types of food cuisine, and only a short walk to shopping areas, most notably it being only 2 minutes' walk from Galeries Lafayette and Printemps. The Whatever/Whenever concierge was also very knowledgeable of the area around the hotel, and was able to make some great recommendations for dining choices.

I give the hotel 4/5 instead of 5/5 only because of the Wi-Fi offered. Everyone gets free access to low-speed Wi-Fi (512KB/S) which is really hard to work with in today's fast-paced society. Even then, the signal is weak and at times I was completely cut off. When I asked about it, the hotel advised me to purchase the high speed Wi-Fi pack, which was really ridiculously priced. Some restaurants offer free Wi-Fi faster than the standard speed given by the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floor as there are some pubs on the ground floor that might be quite...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RickdeJonge, Welcome Desk Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hello ClareSingapore88,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay here at the W Paris Opera.

I especially appreciate your positive feedback on the level of service and the attitude of our Talents. Our entire team will be thrilled to hear these comments.

We have well taken note of your comments on our Wi-Fi connection. The offered internet service is as you correctly stated at a speed of 512KB/S. This is normally sufficient to answer e-mails and fulfill basic needs. A part from that we have a high speed internet access which is unfortunately a paid service in order to deliver a high quality service. I am really sorry to hear that the lower speed connection did not match your needs.

Rest assured that we are always aiming to improve our services wherever possible.

I do hope to see you on another occasion at the W Paris Opera and we will make sure your experience will be 5/5 this time.

Stay tuned,
Rick de Jonge in cooperation with Alexander Allain, IT Referent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

A very quick, but very nice stay at the W in Paris. Room was small, but really comfortable and pleasant to be in -- if you are familiar with W Hotel balance of space to style, you will not be disappointed at all. Great bath, very modern, very clear. And all led to a great night of sleep.

Lots of energy in the lobby -- we ate lunch in the lobby while working on a project. Were made to feel very welcome despite camping out longer than we probably should have. Good lunch as well. Restaurant was nice and full, the bar active.

Left very early in the morning, but coffee was ready and hot, check out was quick and a call for a taxi to CDG.

Overall a really nice stay and lots of fun.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RickdeJonge, Welcome Desk Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hello drosen85,

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am happy to hear that you experienced the W Paris Opera as the right balance in comfort and an energetic ambiance.

I especially apreciate the comments of our Beverage and Food team which will be thrilled to hear your kind feedback.

You now have new friends in Paris.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for six days so I have a great feel for this hotel. This is a W Hotel but it has a very boutique hotel feel to it (in a good way). The location is great. You can almost walk everywhere from this property. I think the biggest asset to the hotel is the staff. The service was outstanding. I especially enjoyed the concierge team, door men and the W Insider. The W Insider (your personal concierge) helped me plan out my itinerary for my entire trip....everything from museums to restaurant reservations. I live in Los Angeles but I can say confidently that I had some of the best meals of my life due to the great recommendations from the concierge and W Insider. They also helped me save valuable time bypassing lines at the museums as well. I would recommend staying here. One thing to take note of is they do not have a pool or spa. If you are looking for that kind of experience, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hello Greencorn4me,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback with other travelers.
As you correctly stated, the W Paris Opera is very centrally situated and only has 91 rooms which makes it feel like a boutique style of hotel.

We do not have any in-house spa facilities with our gym which is located on the 5th floor. However, our concierge team is more than happy to assist you with setting-up any spa arrangements.

I hope to see you back soon in the city of lights.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great location and attentive service. Restaurant was fun with excellent food and service. Unfortunately the hotel was not a good value and feel well short of a "W" experience. Room was much smaller than other Paris hotels we stayed in previously in the same area. Hotel entrance is not near bar area so misses the energy of other W properties.

Hello AHFernandez,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay here at the W Paris Opera.
I am really sorry to read that your experiences not entirly met your expectations.

At W Paris Opera we try to create a certain ambiance followed by our brand standards. One of the choices our designers made was to have a second entrance for local visitors to access our W Lounge and Restaurant Arola. Nevertheless, our Beverage and Food outlets are easily accessible from inside the hotel as well.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope to welcomy you back soon with us.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

we stayed here for 4 nights.Really different quality hotel. great view from our window to opera.Breakfast first day was let down i have to say - so after that we ate out. We had dinner one evening and \david the maitre d was fantastic. It was sunday and very quiet but he could not have be more welcoming. Staff in the bar were super - mixing cocktails and generaly creating great atmosphere. Great facilities in room - but no coffee;(

Hello AuntyH,

Great to hear these positive comments about your recent stay at the W Paris Opera.

We will share your feedback with our team who will be delighted to hear your compliments! However, I am sorry to hear that the expectations of our breakfast did not match your expectations.

I hope to have you back soon with us.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were suppose to get an upgrade but did not as they were sold out. Service was EXCELLENT. I don't know why others have had issues.
We got the handicapped room - tiny but according to European standards NORMAL. The shower and the cleanliness of the room was great.
The location is really nice. You have access to the roissy bus, underground, Lafayette galleries, eifel tower - what more do you need.
Also, one thing that really I need to mention is that - we purchased tickets to Versailles from the concierge to avoid lines and we were interested only in the gardens and not the interiors of the palace. THE CONCIERGE TOLD US THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE TICKET AND WE BOUGHT IT FOR EURO 25 each. When we get to versatile we are told that there are two different tickets for garden and palace. So hence, the ticket we bought at W was no good. And we had to purchase a new ticket for viewing gardens.
When I got back I told the concierge what happened and they refunded all my money back with no questions asked. NOW THAT IS "WOW" SERVICE. We normally stay at W's around the world but this particular one I was TRUELY AMAZED with.
Thank you for making our stay SPECTACULAR!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RickdeJonge, Wim de Preter, Whatever/Whenever Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hello Shefpat,

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to fill out our online questionnaire. We truly value the opinion of our guests at The W Paris Opéra.

We really appreciate your comments on the Welcome Office and Whatever/Whenever staff and will make sure that the Teams will get the feedback.

Concerning the tickets for Versailles, we appologies for the misunderstanding. We only have tickets available to visit the castle, but not the gardens and ofcours in that case, we were happy to refund you the tickets you bought at the concierge desk.

Once again, I really appreciate your time and feedback and we hope to see you back at the W Paris Opera for your next visit to Paris.

From all of us here at the W Paris Opera, we wish you a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Wim de Preter
Whatever/Whenever Manager
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hotel would be fine if it was much chaper but if you are paying $450 a night you expect a larger room (have been to many Paris hotels), and mine had a balcony which I could not access and my room looked into another building with the bathroom plain to see for anyone in the building across the road - very odd. I had my blinds down for the whole trip as did not want people peering in. The hotel lobby is inexistent, the lounge looks cheap and has zero atmosphere (if you compare to W Manhattan or W Times Square, or W Barcelona its not in same league). The staff are friendly and bar is alright. The corridor to rooms are brightly lit and it just looks odd as you are in a dimly lit elevator and come out into a bright, cheap looking corridor for your room.
I would not go back for the price as you can get much better for same price in Paris, and it does not have W buzz nor usual edge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RickdeJonge, Welcome Desk Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Hello T L,

Thank you very much for the feedback given on your recent stay here at the W Paris Opera. We really value the opinion of our guests and I am really sorry to hear that your recent experience did not match your expectations.

As you correctly stated the W Paris Opera is a city center hotel which therefore has multiple other buildings in its surroundings. Our property and the buildings surrounding the hotel are traditional Haussmann buildings which are protected by French law. This causes that we are restricted, by law, to let our guests enter the decorative balconies.

At W we try to create a certain ambiance followed by our brand standards. Although the brand standards will remain the same, every hotel has its own unique design and ambiance and I am really sorry to read that you felt the W buzz was not as expected at that specific moment.

Once again, I really appreciate your time and feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back at the W Paris Opera.

Rick de Jonge

Been to W Paris - Opera? Share your experiences!