“Dreadful staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4,957 of 13,440 Restaurants in Paris
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Dreadful staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been a Nespresso customer for several years and the coffee and machines are good for occasional mess free coffee. However my visit to this store/cafe was the final straw - I am getting an espresso machine. The service in the London boutiques is only borderline acceptable but in Paris it was appalling. I may as well have been invisible. There were long waits in the cafe, queues to buy capsules yet other staff seemingly doing very little who could only shrug their shoulders and rudely point in some other direction. When I approached another man behind a till, who MUST have seen me yet walked over to chat with his similarly lazy colleague, I decided Nespresso have had more than enough of my money....no more! Shocking service by any standard let alone for a flagship store in a prestigious location. It seems the brand and locations encourage pretensions in the staff....at the end of the day it's just coffee and they're supposed to be actually serving/selling it and providing a good customer experience. Big fail!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Paris, France
“Cafe at the back: best kept secret in Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

While you've seen one Nespresso boutique you've seen them all, I very much enjoy going to this one with my friend for a discrete pampering in the morning. We get there as soon as it opens at 10:00am and go straight to the back where there are plenty of comfy chairs, a quiet ambiance (both difficult to find in Paris) away from the hustle and bustle of one of the biggest tourist attractions in the world: the Champs Elysees. Yes, it's a tiny bit pricey, but compared to other locations on the avenue it's reasonable. Nice place to meet up with friends, relax from shopping or wait for your wife while she spends your life's savings at the countless nearby stores.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
“Horrible service!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a customer of Nespresso and traveler, I always visit the boutiques around the world: New York, Lisbon, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Paris, and many others. I've never been so poorly attended as at Nespresso Champs Elysees in Paris! After facing a huge line, we were served by a young clerk who was at the pinnacle of his bad mood, a nasty girl who was demonstrate her impatience and indifference to customers. When asked if there was a place for tasting replied that there was not a place to drink coffee. It was the worst experience that my husband and I had at a store! And just in a place where tourists should be well attended. Pitiful!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Even as a Nespresso Lover, I would skip this place...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Both my wife and I are Nespresso lovers. However, we were very disappointed with the service we found at this Nespresso Boutique.
We waited to be seated, and then, we waited a very long time just to have a server come to our table. And, when they came, it took several times until the order was taken. While seating and waiting for service, I got a chance to observe the treatment of the Maitre d' to the servers. It was not very nice. Interestingly, I observed two different Maitre d's exhibiting the same bad treatment of the waitresses. It became apparent that perhaps the bad service at this place has it origins in bad management. It felt as if the servers were being micro-managed and in a bad way.
Furthermore, when I went to the restroom, I admired the way all the Nespresso products were laid-out and wanted to take a picture, and two big guys in suit (they looked like the secret service) forbid me from taking any pictures. After being in some of the most amazing Castles and Churches in France and not being forbidden from taking pictures (except for flash restriction), this felt like an insult -- a missed marketing opportunity!
And, just to make the whole experience even worse, they did not even have wifi access.
Even if you are a Nespresso fan, I would not waste your precious time in Paris in this place.
Just wait until you get home, and enjoy your favorite cup there!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Great little cafe inside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a quick coffee at the little cafe inside, and it was great. My wife had the cafe glace (espresso with ice cream) and loved it. Check it out! On a side note... the bathroom in the bottom floor was very clean and nice. No purchase necessary to use it!

• Visited May 2013