“Welcome to Paris!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,142 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Masterton
“Welcome to Paris!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

A well located hotel but the pictures on the web were a bit flattering! We did get a larger room facing the street so that was good, the bathrooms are ridiculously small and the shower curtain was too short so the floor was saturated post shower, longer curtains would do the trick!? One night our bathroom had overflow from the room above but the friendly lad at reception was pretty relaxed about it!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the street for a bit of outlook.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DirectionOPSG, Directeur général at My Hotel In France Opera Saint Georges, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We have well noted for the shower curtain and replaced those too small to avoid it again.

Those little feedback are essential for us to constantly improve our services.

Should you come back to Paris, do not hesitate to book on our official website. We offer 10% on room rate versus any other website along with dedicated packages and last availability.

We would be very happy to welcoming you again soon.

Your sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Long Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We checked into our hotel the first week of June and stayed 5 nights. We were assigned a room on the first floor and the room was small and there literally wasn't room to use the toilet if you're taller than maybe 5'. Being on the first floor, as soon as we opened the window because it was hot, we heard noise from the court heard just below us. It was slightly raining so there were only 2 people out there. We figured it would be really loud with more people in the courtyard. We asked for another room and since we hadn't really touched the room, they moved us to the fifth floor. This room faced the street. We had to open the window because the AC wasn't working. The first room did not even have an option for AC. This room on the 5th floor was even smaller but the bathroom was bigger so you could actually use the toilet. We couldn't open our suitcases unless they were on the bed.

The first night was so hot and humid we had to open the window because the AC was not working. There are motorcycles constantly going up and down the street and are extremely loud. I live in a dense, big city but the noise off the street of this hotel is much worse then I'm used to. At around 7-8 am, the place next door (almost directly below our window) started jackhammering the sidewalk. It was so loud (even from 5 stories up) we had to close the window. We were exhausted and trying to sleep in a little but couldn't sleep with the insanely loud jackhammer and then it got very hot. You could still hear it with the window closed.

Before leaving our hotel for the day of sightseeing, I told the man at the front that the AC was not working, there was no cold air and wasn't really blowing anything. He didn't speak very good English and said "too hot?". I said "yes". When we got back at the end of the day, the AC was not working. I went to the front and he said "you said it's too hot I had the maintenance guy turn off the heater". I explained to him it was the AC that wasn't working. This was in June and it was very hot outside. He said it's too late and he'd have someone look at it tomorrow. Then he says "you only booked standard room and AC costs $20 Euro more each night". I was never told this when booking and would have considered paying it but he couldn't communicate well enough (and was rude) so it was never turned on. Another gentleman brought us a small fan which we used each night.

There was only one outlet in the entire room to use and it was in the living space. There is an outlet in the bathroom but it's for shavers only. There is no safe in the room and you have to leave your key with the front desk each time you leave and pick it up when you return. If there are others being helped, you'll have to wait.

There is no sense of privacy. Shortly after checking into our room a woman who works there came walking into the room, saw we were there and quickly left. Then the following morning, we had the "no not disturb" sign on our door and the cleaning woman knocked and before we could answer the door, she just let herself in. She saw we were trying to get to the door, ran out, and came back with towels and toilet paper for us.

The breakfast was included and it was ok. Meats, cheeses, bread. When it's busy, they start to run out of things.

When we needed to leave Paris, we needed to get to the train station. We asked the man at the front the night before about getting a taxi around 6:15 am. He said he'd call us one and have it ready. He also said it would cost around $18 Euro to the train station. The next morning we came down to check out at 6:17 and the cab driver was inside waiting. We were in his cab at about 6:19. After going down the block, we noticed the fare said $13 Euro. We tried to question the driver but he started yelling at us in French. By the time we got to the train station, it cost around $35 Euro. We looked it up afterwards and apparently Paris taxi's start charging you as soon as you call them. You pay for them to come to you. That's why it's recommended you call a station close to you. I'm not sure who the man at the front desk called but I know the meter was already at $13 Euro when we got in. You're better off grabbing a taxi passing by because then your fare only starts at that point. It would have been nice if the hotel told us this.

Overall, we got terrible sleep while there, could barely move in our room, and had poor service.

• Stayed June 2014
DirectionOPSG, Directeur général at My Hotel In France Opera Saint Georges, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us.

I am very sorry for the Air Conditioning not being working during your stay. We discovered a leak in another room but it took us more time to fix it than we thought. But it is working fine now.
We have A/C only on 2 floors at the moment but we will be installing AC everywhere before the end of this year along with a full refurbishment.

For the taxi, we call a company and it is the nearer car that will come. They start charging once the call is made. The nearest station is at Pigalle and there isn't always a taxi there to answer. That's why we use those companies. I am sorry if the receptionist didn't warm you about it.
I'll pass your comment to them so that it won't happen to our next guests.

We hope to seeing you returning to My Hotel in France Opéra St Georges.

Your sincerely
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

All of the staff (reception and breakfast) were very polite and helpful and all spoke excellent English. I travelled with my 84 yr. old grandmother, so we were very glad that the lift was in operation as we were on the top floor. Was great that we had separate bedrooms but within the same room number. A great little hotel in a good location. Not for the 5 star traveller, but a very nice, neat, clean and tidy place to rest yourself for the night. Rooms were serviced daily, with fresh towels and soap etc. The only downfall, for me, was the lack of legroom between the toilet and the wall. I'm not sure if this is the case in any of the other rooms, however the two bathrooms in our suite, were both so. I am a very short person and my knees were hitting the wall, so Im not sure how people taller than I would use the toilet comfortably. A bonus for me was being able to see the top of the Eiffel Tower from my window. I think that there would only be this room and maybe one other where this would be possible. Lovely at night to watch the light go around on top of the tower.

Room Tip: The top of the Eiffel Tower can be seen from the twin/family suite window of the 2nd bedroom. Room n...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
DirectionOPSG, Directeur général at My Hotel In France Opera Saint Georges, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments and taking the time to share your experience about My Hotel in France Opéra St Georges.

Few rooms on the 5th floor have indeed nice views, some the top of the Eiffel Tower and one have Montmartre with the Sacré Coeur.

Next time you wish to come to Paris, do not hesitate to book on our official website. All our best offers and last minute deal are there. You will be able to leave us also a comment with your preferences so that we can give you a room that suits you best.

We very much look forward welcoming you again.

Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

A group of five of us stayed here. We were so pleased with the quality of the accommodation. Clean, modern, well-maintained. The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of Montmatre, Moulin Rouge, with lots of shops, cafes and restaurants in the local area. We were lucky that the weekend we were there all public transport was free so we were able to hop on a bus direct to the Louvre. It is located on a side street, so it was very quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
DirectionOPSG, Directeur général at My Hotel In France Opera Saint Georges, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your nice review.
Our best reward is to see our guest coming back years after years and we hope to see you again very soon.

Our location is indeed ideal to discover Paris: Within 15 min, you are in Montmartre or Opéra and Galerie Lafayette.
Pigalle and St Georges metro station are at 200m and the bus line 67 will bring you to the Louvre and Notre Dame de Paris very quickly.

Until next time.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I love this hotel, this is so far the best hotel for the price during my trip in Europe.
The room is pretty spacious for the 2 of us (compare to the room we had in London) and spotless clean. Shower room works properly and the size of the sink is decent too.
Bed size is decent and pretty comfortable.

The location is super, walking distance from Saint Georges metro stop and not so far from Opera and Sacre Cour. There is also a minimarket nearby open until 23.00 and some good restaurants nearby (we had nice dinner there)

The receptionists are also attentive and helpful.
We booked the shuttle to the airport thru them as we have heavy suitcases. Cost €26/person or €18 if there are 2 people.
Breakfast is included, which is nice and free wifi which works well in the room.

I will stay here if I come to Paris again :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
DirectionOPSG, Directeur général at My Hotel In France Opera Saint Georges, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.
It is such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and we would love to see you returning.

We have changed our Wifi system recently, I am glad to hear that it is working well.

Do not hesitate to visit our website for our best deals coming up and last availability.

We hope to welcome you again in the futur.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with my wife.
Pros of the hotel:
1) The hotel has the advantage of being close to 2 metro stations - Saint Georges and Pigalle from where getting to the central locations(main tourist spots like Louvre Museum, Opera or Eiffel tower) of Paris takes little time. Also, Sacre coeur and Moulin Rouge is very near.
2) Numerous small eateries and restaurants close by.
3) Clean rooms and bed.

Cons of the hotel:
1) Very compact and small hotel, with almost no leisure area.
2) Rooms are very cramped up.
3) Noise isolation is not good in the rooms.
4) Breakfast option is very limited. Also, the dining space is very small.

Room Tip: 1) Although there is not much of a view from the windows, still, get a room which is on the backside...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Although the room was very small, you don't even notice it because this hotel has so many other advantages. First of all it is the superb location from which you can walk to so many of the Paris sightseeing points of interest. Moreover, the neighbourhood is a typical Parisian with many fromageries, boulangeries and small artisan shops. There are also many local bars and restaurants that seemed very local and authentic. Apart from the location, there is the super kind staff who give you tips and suggestion and help with anything you might need.
The rooms are small but very nicely decorated. Breakfast is included in the price of the room, so that's another good point. There is a small but very cute terrace where smoking is allowed.
All in all, i would definitely recommend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to My Hotel In France Opera Saint Georges? Share your experiences!