“A very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,148 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Corfu, Greece
“A very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed with my husband for a week. It is a very good and clean hotel. Although the rooms were small, they were clean and hot. The bed was big and comfortable. The hotel is very close to the metro station so it is easy to go wherever you want. The staff was very friendly, polite and they speak english fluently!The only disadvantage was the poor breakfast. We don't have any other complains and we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DirectionOPSG, Directeur général at My Hotel In France Opera Saint Georges, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. Feedback is really important to constantly improve our services.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at My Hotel in France Opéra St Georges and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband again soon.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Been there for 3 nights with boyfriend and I can only say that this is the place to stay... The location is amazing!!!!it is not expensive - we even had breakfast and luch box included... Big like!!!!!breakfast was continental, very good, but every day the same :( anyway we enjoyed our stay and I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to recommend it.

The service All for You (breakfast, lunch box, welcome drink and internet connexion) is offered to all our guests who reserved through our website or directly with us.

Thank you for your feedback on My Hotel in France Opéra St Georges.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

There are a lot of good things about this hotel: clean room, breakfast and box lunch, great location and inexpensive. The only thing I didn't like was the staff. I wouldn't say they were rude, just indifferant; they just didn't seem to care aobut their guests.
If you know Paris, know where you're going and what your'e going to do, this is a good place to stay. If your'e a little unsure don't expect any help.
Another issue I have with the hotel is that there is no dirrection on how to get from the subway to the hotel. I spent almost an hour looking for it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

To be honest this property is not a bad looking hotel, basic and decent for the alone traveller. However on the first day of my stay, my apple mac and iPad were stolen from my room whilst I was out sightseeing. They were in separate bags and not visible to the maid who would have serviced my room. No forced entry and nothing else appeared to be touched. I reported to reception immediately, and whilst the man at reception was apologetic, he said i needed to go to the police station if i wanted to report, he printed me out a map. They wouldn't conduct a search of the room nor speak to any of the other guests. The manager was reluctant to meet with me until 5 mins before my departure 3 days later. I would have changed hotels the day it happened but I simply could not afford to do so. After several weeks of back and forward delayed contact, they advised that their insurance would only cover 600odd euro for my items, which were worth over $2000 AUD, not to mention the priceless photos i'd built up of my life and travels over 4 years which is what I was most shattered about. When I responded to the manager to ask how they came to this amount, the responses stopped and I have not been able to reach him for over 4 weeks. No iPad, no mac & no apology or reason as to how on earth this could have happened.
Like I said, the hotel looks fine, but if I wanted to risk having my private property taken from me & to feel violated, I would have stayed in a hostel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 18, first floor, easy access to people walking in off the street. no security.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ludlow, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed in Paris for 4 nights in the beginning of December. I was a little worried after reading all the bad reviews but we found the hotel to be excellent. Our room (which was on the ground floor) was very big and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast and lunch box was brilliant and saved us a lot of money on food that we would of had to buy. The hotel is in an excellent location for exploring Paris and we ate in many of the lovely restaurants near to the hotel. We found all the staff that we met to be very friendly, polite and helpful. We would definatly go back to this hotel again if we ever go to Paris and I would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was excellent
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

A two star review might be a bit harsh because I wouldn’t say I had a hugely negative experience at this hotel, but it was quite disapointing.
A was looking for a three star hotel, roughly in this area, with good reviews for a reasonable price (a lot to ask, I know!). When I found this place I thought I’d found a real gem but I’m sorry to say this wasn’t the case.
Don’t get me wrong, it is cheap, but you get exactly what you pay for and nothing more. For me, this was not a three star hotel and the overall rating of three and a half stars on this site is very misleading, as is the puzzlingly high number of ‘very good' reviews. I have the sense that people have based these reviews purely on the good location and low price; I don't think this could this be considered a ‘very good’ hotel otherwise.
The rooms are very basic, the walls are scuffed and the general condition of fittings etc. I would describe as poor. The breakfast isn’t great and frankly they don’t seem to have the staff or facilities to deal with the number of guests; in other words not enough food or coffee etc.
The welcome drink never materialised, my ‘double room’ was two single beds pushed together and the system of handling back your key felt unecessary. One evening we came back to find no-one at reception, so had to wait untill the receptionist came back (from the shop I think) before we could get to our room. Granted it was only 10 mins, but the situation could have been avoided by leaving a note or, more sensibly, just letting guests take their keys with them. The whole thing was just unprofessional and added to the general feeling that I was staying in more of a youth hostel than a hotel.
On the plus side, the location is great and it is basically clean and comfortable-ish.
Stay here if you want something cheap and basic but don’t let the good reviews fool you in to thinking you’ve found a hidden gem, you most certainly have not.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel in the center if the city. The location is more than perfect. Near by there are many bars, restaurants, cafes etc. The price for France standards is ok. The room was very very small but clean and comfortable. I recommend this hotel and for sure I will try to book there again if I have to fly to Paris again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we also look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit in Paris.

Kind regards

Been to My Hotel In France Opera Saint Georges? Share your experiences!