“Old world charm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Winnipeg, Canada
“Old world charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've already made my reservations for a second stay in this lovely hotel. It is perfectly situated on the Left Bank and close or easily accessible by foot, metro or bus to the important museums, sites and shopping in Paris. The hotel is right in the "action", but because it is just a few steps off the main street on a dead-end street, the hotel's location is very quiet.The Left Bank has a unique charm - lots of Parisian cafes and restaurants and one day, there was an outdoor market overflowing with fresh fruits and veggies, clothes, handbags, even a few birds! There is a neighbourhood grocery store just a block from the hotel where you can pick up a few staples to store in the tiny fridge in your hotel room - and don't forget - the wine!

The decor of the hotel is very ornate. No mistaking this hotel for a sterile North American hotel! We loved our closet sized kitchenette, Just the right size to have a wee breakfast in the morning and some crackers, cheese and wine in the evening after an exhausting, fun-filled day exploring Paris.

I highly recommend this hotel. Rates are reasonable. It was very clean and the front desk staff are pleased to provide guests with recommenations and useful information. In fact, on our last night in Paris, the young man at the front desk suggested a nearby restaurant for dinner. Dinner was delicious and a most reasonable price!

I'm going back to France in 2013 and one of the first things I did was make my reservations at Residence Henri IV.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Henri IV was a great find, thanks to trip advisor. I looked at so many hotels for Paris and I honestly can say Henri IV had everything my husband and I needed and more.
We had a sitting room with a lovely plush lounge, and a separate bedroom beautifully fitted and there was a bottle of perfume awaiting me when entered the room,, table and chairs to beable to sit and eat our breakfasts and sometimes lunches with the help of the lovely little kitchenette.A balcony that looks over the park to have a evening glass of champagne before we went out to one of the recommended resturants. The staff are fabulous.
I would highly recommend this charming hotel, it is so close to the Notre-Dame as well, and the Siene, we got Batobus tickets (ferrie) and you can just get off at the Eiffel Tower, Louvre...etc..very easy to get anywhere.
Thankyou again to the fabulous staff..
See you again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
North of Boston, MA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had very specific requirements/wants/desires for a hotel in Paris. I wanted a place within walking distance to the major sights, in a neighborhood that felt "like Paris," a balcony (even a tiny one), and a place to make breakfast and lunches. Voila! I found all of that - and more - in this charming boutique hotel smack dab on the Left Bank of Paris.
We booked a superior room, which had a nice big comfortable bed, a long narrow balcony -- too tiny to sit out on, but lovely to stand on and look out over the small nearby park and the streets and buildings in the neighborhood. The suite included a sitting room with a sofa plus table and chairs, plenty of storage in the form of two armoires and a chest of drawers. We had the tiniest, but most efficient little kitchen I have ever seen -- with a small fridge, microwave, two-burner stove, a sink, and enough utensils, etc., to put together breakfasts and lunches. The bathroom was plenty roomy, having a full-size tub (with shower), and my favorite amenity: a heated towel rack!
An elevator just big enough for two of us (and maybe one large suitcase) brought us up to our 5th floor room. Tall floor-to-ceiling windows let in the daytime breezes, but when closed at night blocked out all the street noises. The staff was polite and helpful.
Conveniently close are lots of wonderful patisseries, boulangeries, the Carrefours, and many other smaller specialty markets. We were less than a ten-minute walk from Ile St. Louis as well as the Pantheon, Luxembourg Gardens, and Ile de la Cite. We stayed only three nights, but we will not hesitate to return to Henri IV the next time we are in Paris and, I hope, stay longer.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room with a balcony; chances are excellent that you will get one!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

When we entered our room it was one of those "surely they've made a mistake" moments. Surely this can't all be ours? But it was, the marble bathroom, the sitting room, the bedroom and the ktichenette. All ours, just for us, in the middle of Paris. The decor falls on just the right side of the classy/tacky factor and the location and view from our room are hard to beat. If you can afford it for a special occassion- do it- you won't regret it.

Room Tip: We had the suite on the first floor above the reception and it was great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I spent many hours researching hotels in Paris before our trip but Henri IV always came out as being superlative. The fact we could have a kitchenette, a large bathroom and a balcony facing the street with table, chairs and flowers was an added bonus. We were not disappointed and in fact we are booking again for May 2013. One negative was that the man on reception seemed busy when I enquired about trips to Monet's Garden so we had to try to find it ourselves. We were late getting to the station after travelling on the metro but had we known there were brochures in The hotel's reception for several companies who would collect us from the hotel and drive us there. This was the only negative and I would recommend this hotel most highly. It is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HotelResidenceHenri4, Responsable réception at Hotel Residence Henri 4, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with TA members. We are extremely glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for praising the room, the large bathroom and the kitchenette. On the other side, we are sincerely sorry that you felt that the receptionist seemed " Busy". In fact, we take care of all our guests and satisfy their queries & demands thoroughly. Consequently, this may lead to this feeling. Anyway, we will be more than happy to host you again in May. Please do not hesitate to call on us should you have any request.

Best regards

Hicham KHAZRANE

Front Desk Manager
Cloverdale, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my third stay within 9 years and would return again in a heartbeat. Excellent location, clean, an incredible staff (helpful and friendly) and the little kitchenette is so convenient. Don't have to eat out all of the time. This is not a "cookie cutter" type of hotel. Each room is distinctive and decorated with old world charm. The windows are very good as when they are closed, you do not hear street noise. This is truly a welcoming hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Broome, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Like a woman possessed, I spent countless hours trawling through hundreds of Trip Advisor hotel reviews before settling on the Hotel Residence Henri IV. We wanted something that captured the romance and charm of Paris’s Latin Quarter, some place that was convenient to key attractions, intimate, elegant, clean and quiet. And I think we hit the jackpot!

I booked our 5 night stay directly with the hotel many months in advance, and arranged airport transfers, tours and restaurant bookings with them closer to our travel date. My email inquiries were always answered courteously, promptly and informatively, and I warmed to the helpful Hotel Henri staff even before I had the pleasure of meeting them. In particular I would like to acknowledge the exceptional service and gracious assistance we received from Qaisar, Xavier and Hicham – thank you gentlemen – you were all absolutely wonderful.

We had a beautiful (superior) bedroom complete with sitting room, kitchenette and bathroom – tastefully furnished, immaculate and comfortable, with a picturesque balcony adorned with window boxes of plush pink geraniums, small table and chairs. Utterly charming.

The breakfasts served at the hotel were delicious – fresh juice, melt-in-the mouth buttery croissants and pastries, yoghurt, fruit, freshly baked breads and quality preserves, great coffee – very hard to beat, and excellent value.

This delightful boutique hotel in the Latin Quarter is small, elegant, and oh so very ‘Paris’! The staff were warm, welcoming, helpful and knowledgeable. Their willingness to assist us in every way possible ensured things ran smoothly and our stay was special and memorable.

I wouldn’t dream of staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: it would be hard to beat an upper level room with small balcony overlooking the quiet street and par...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Residence Henri 4? Share your experiences!