“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,095 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I suppose I ought to have realised that one cannot expect much for 150 euros a night in a convenient location.but my disappointment at the surly greeting that I received at the reception was surpassed when I saw the room. It was not its size that disappointed (there was only one of me and I didn't need much space) or the heat. I opened the window and suffered the noise. It was the filth. The bed cover had stains on it. I hate to think what those stains might have been. I have my suspicions but did not want to come into sufficiently close contact to find out. The carpet was filthy. This was acceptable as only my feet toouched it but the bed, no, that wasn't acceptable. I spent as little time as possible in the hotel and tried to simply sleep wash and leave. I wish I had just left.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel is very clean and nice. However, rooms are very small so if you are travelling with lots of luggage I don't recommend. The hotel location is perfect, close to everything and just 3 min walking to Trocadero Metro station, which gets you anywhere you want. The hotel staff are very welcoming and friendly and they are extremely helpful when it comes to asking them about any place you want to go. We didn't have the time to do much research before going to Paris but they did that for us and provided us even with the tiniest details we needed to get anywhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I stayed for two nights. When we checked in we were greeted by Abdul who was so friendly, funny and completely professional. I made an error when I booked the room, I should have booked a twin room but I booked a double. Abdul changed the room booking for us within minutes.
The room was small but clean and private. We enjoyed our stay. We had breakfast both mornings and enjoyed it very much.
Thank you to all the staff at the hotel especially Abdul for making us very welcome and for the laughs.
Abdul speaks fluent English.
Location was great for those who want to see the Eiffel Tower, just a walk away.
The grocery shop just across the road was handy and sells everything. The pizza restaurant across the road was to die for plus affordable. And for those who like sushi there is a sushi planet shop pretty much next door to the hotel.
Everything is at your fingertips here :-)

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the first week of October. This was our first hotel stay in our 3 week trip. I wanted to reserve my comments until after our stays in Vienna, Prague and Amsterdam. For approximately the same price the succeeding hotels were far superior. The location is this hotel's best feature. The rooms were clean but extremely tiny. The website mentions that the staff will help with all aspects of your visit, but in reality, in all of my inquiries I was referred to the Paris Tourism Bureau, or told to check the web. None of the staff were overtly unfriendly, but on the other hand I never had the feeling I was in a "friendly" hotel. It could have been worse, but I had been hoping for more after reading the hotel's website.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manasquan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We visited Paris for the first time, and when another hotel we were looking at could not accommodate us, I found this one down the street. Small and quaint, and very clean! The staff was extremely friendly and most helpful when we inquired about tours and restaurants. Abdele was most helpful in sending us to a lovely non tourist restaurant just around the corner for a great meal. He always called taxis for us, as my husband has difficulty walking for long periods so the metro would not do. He even helped us get a taxi to take us to Versaille when we could not get on a tour. The cab drove us and then came for us later on in the day! This assistance continually made our trip enjoyable. It is not as glamorous as more notable hotels, but the price was right and a good location around the corner from the Eifell Tower, and a ten minute walk to the Arch deTriumph. There are some nice cafés nearby to grab a pastry or delicious croissant, and a tour hop on hop off tour bus stop down the street. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: My husband is a big guy and we asked for twin beds but ended up with a double which turned out to be...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oekingen, Schweiz
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Hotel was good. The room a little bit small, but clean. The Hotel ist very good located. We had an offer, where Breakfast was included. The Breakfast was good. The poeple in the Hotel werr friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful accomodations. Very beautiful and located in a great area very easy to get to the metro and of course in walking distance to the eiffel tower. Special thanks to frederick who went out of his way to help us. He is a great asset to this hotel. Would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Been to Hotel Etoile Trocadero? Share your experiences!