– Located on a quiet street just a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro.
– There is a small grocery store just down the street to pick up wine, waters, snacks and other items.
– Small desk with chair and plug to charge electronics (or use it as a luggage rack due to little floor space available).
– Mini fridge to hold soft drinks, water and snacks we picked up during our stay.
– TV did have some English speaking channels.
The Only Bathroom Plus
– Tub in bathroom, great for ladies who prefer a ledge for shaving legs.
The Tiny Bedroom
– Very firm bed with lumpy polyfill pillows.
– The in-room temperature was very difficult to control.
– Very small in-room safe. Just large enough for an iPad and a few small items. Will not hold a laptop.
The Flooded Bathroom
– NO SHOWER CURTAIN, bathroom gets soaked during showering. FUZZY MOLD mold in the grout on the shower walls. The shower head is on a cord to help those who are taller than 5 feet.
– Our “fresh” towels were dirty at times, appeared used and simply refolded. They were also very scratchy and there were no washcloths.
– There are no plugs in the bathroom (probably because there is no shower curtain and they don’t want you standing in a puddle to flat iron your hair). You must use the plug in the bedroom to use hair styling electronics. There was a full length mirror in the bedroom.
– There was no fan or ventilation in the bathroom, so it remained steamy after showering.
– Water temperature fluxuated during showering – was hot/cold/hot again. Good water pressure.
– In-room hair dryer was just ok – took a very long time to dry my hair.
– Very small vanity space in the bathroom.
The Old Hotel
– Wi-Fi was not free and the daily rates changed depending on who was at the front desk that day. The front desk staff seemed to know very little English.
– No ice machine
– The elevator is the size of an airplane bathroom. Only 1 person and a large bag fit at a time.
– They still use actual keys – which we found very hard to lock/unlock the guestroom door.
– Thin walls – could hear the guests in the neighboring room.
Overall, this hotel is close to what I expected for our trip to Europe as I expected small spaces. However, the lack of a shower curtain/wall and dirty towels would not interest me in staying at this hotel again - easy fixes management!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fully air conditionned 3 star hotel Etoile Trocadero Paris is located in the famous 16th district of Paris within walking distance from the Trocadero square, the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs Elysees , the Eiffel Tower, the famous avenue Montaigne (the famous fashion avenue), the main embassies and the Palais des Congres located at the Porte Maillot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Etoile Trocadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Etoile Trocadero Hotel
- Etoile Trocadero Paris