“Good location, tiny rooms” 3 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Etoile Trocadero to your Saves list
Hotel Etoile Trocadero
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 rue Saint Didier, 75116 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1,074 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Good location, tiny rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Good location but rooms are the smallest I have ever been in! We were a family of five so we needed two rooms. We decided to put our teenagers together in the double room and my husband, mother and I took the triple. Boy, were we surprised when we saw the size of our triple room! The 3 twin beds are more the size of a cot and there is very limited room for any luggage. Only one person at a time can move about the room so you really have to do some creative space planning. The room and bathroom feel even smaller than a cruise ship stateroom. That being said, the staff was friendly although not always very knowledgable about tourists venues. The continental breakfast was good and the rooms were clean.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights on a weekend away, we picked this place based on trip advisor reviews.

Pros:
-Location was great, right near restaurants and shops, shortwalk to the eiffel tower
-Helpful reception staff, gave us free wifi, told us how to get to a few attractions and stored our luggage after check out

Cons:
-Tiny rooms, reading from the previous reviews this is normal in Paris. It had a bathroom and bed so we were happy
-smallest elevator I have seen in my life!

Overall this was a great little place to stay, the rooms were small for what we paid for but nothing to not make our stay pleasent.
We would stay again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at this newly remodeled property last month May 2012 for one week. There were 8 in our party and they put us all on one floor, which was great. The bathrooms were redone and a decent size compared to most Parisian hotels and the room sizes were comparable to other places we've stayed in Paris. (This was our 5th trip to Paris). The staff was very pleasant and helpful at all hours. The continental breakfast was included and enjoyable every morning. The central location in the 16th was walking distance to the Arc, Trocadero, Champs Elysee, one block to the Metro. There were many restaurants, brasseries, bars, shopping all within walking distance. We received a great internet rate and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

this ranks as one of my worst hotel experiences anywhere! the reception was surly and room so bad, small, noisy, smelly, last decorated in the '80s, that we requested a change after the first night. we were moved to another room which at first glance seemed better, i,e, more recently decorated and a bit larger. in fact this turned out to be if anything worse: on the ground floor so that the noise was worse. the aircon was noisy and threw out a smell of cigarettes and mold, so we tried with the window open but this was noisy and we had cigarette smoke from the street. we moved to another nearby hotel the next night.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubrovnik
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in spring 2010. Came to Paris for business. Location is more than fantastic, only two metro stations away from the Eiffel Tower. Before we came to the hotel, rooms were freshly painted and redecorated so you could still feel smell of paint but since everything else was perfect it didn't bother me so much. Breakfast average, however staff is lovely.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I had a long - 10 day - stay in this hotel and was really impressed. The staff are incredibly pleasant and helpful, and, knowing that it was a long stay, were assiduous in trying to offer the best room they could. This room wasn't huge, but it was newly refurbished, perfectly adequate and for 150 Euros a night in central Paris a bargain. It's fair to say that some of the other rooms I was shown were of a less good standard, but all would have been fine for a short stay. At night it was very quiet, although there was some daytime noise from temporary roadworks, which would not normally have been a problem. The breakfast room is rather cramped, but ok, and a basic breakfast of bread, pasties, jam, juice and coffee/tea perfectly acceptable. As other reviews note, the lift is very small, but that is par for the course in Paris and fine in a small hotel.

I'm not sure that you would find a better value small hotel in so central a location in Paris.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tangier, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

Actually it has been a while since I last visited Paris the world most wonderful, romantic capital city.From the very first minute I walked into that charming hotel I. Felt I had chosen the right place to spend an unforgettable week's holiday:a warm,friendly and extremely helpful staff, an ideal location,a cosy atmosphere and above services tailored to suit every single demand and request no matter what it was.I particularly would like to insist on the availability, natural kindness of the receptionists to mention their names is to pay them tribute as real professionals:Abdel,Zahir,George and a lady receptionist whom I forgot the name!they made me feel as if I was at home ,answered all my queries and came with solutions to all my questionings!Iwould therefore recommend such unique hotel (unique thanks to its special welcoming and human dimension)to all travellers whether first time visitors or experienced ones.I on my part would definitely choose it again but on a more extended stay for I do miss such particular touch for I love being taken care of ;) thanks guys for having made my stay in Paris do memorable!

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Hotel Etoile Trocadero? Share your experiences!