The only good things I can say about this hotel are that it is within easy walking distance of the Gare du Nord and the front desk staff were friendly. It was not easy to find because it was swathed in scaffolding and plastic sheeting. However as no work seemed to be taking place we were not disturbed. We had room 310 which is at the very end of the wing. The shape of the building means that this room (and presumably room 10 on each floor), which is small to start with, is not square but has an angled wall which severely curtails the floor area. The external wall of the room is only the width of the single window. The corner of the end of the bed was only three inches from the wall. The TV was fixed to the wall above this point, so that squeezing round the end of the bed meant moving sideways while bending forward so as not to brain yourself.
The tiny shower room had a permanent nasty drain-type smell. The shower itself had a three leaf sliding door of which one leaf was entirely missing, meaning that it was impossible to close the shower. Only the fact that the water pressure in the shower was low prevented the shower room floor from being flooded. The ventilator fan didn't appear to work.
There was no wardrobe, only hanging space, and the the only drawer was a very shallow one under the writing table
The complimentary coffee machine in the foyer was out of water the first time we used it, and clogged with used coffee grounds the second time. We asked for milk for the coffee, to be told they did not provide it. The lift was out of order on the last evening of our stay. Breakfast was an extra 13 euros so we preferred to take petit dejeuner at one of the many establishments near the station.
How this hotel merits three stars is beyond comprehension.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the Gare du Nord and the Gare de l'Est; this hotel has an internal garden and a bi-lingual staff; near museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Timhotel Gare Du Nord reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timhotel Gare Du Nord Hotel Paris
- Timhotel Gare Du Nord Paris