When we checked in we were given room 41. As we approached the room the cleaning woman rushed out. When we walked in the whole room reeked of formaldehyde (e.g., it was very recently painted). The room wasn't large but was big enough, but the room had been cleaned in a rush. There were still hairs and hairballs in the bathroom and floor. The bathroom was a little shoddy given the price of the hotel, and there was only a stall shower, no bathtub. The street faced the street, and was quite noisy with the window opened. We went back downstairs and complained about the paint stench. The woman beamed and said "Yes, it's one our most recently renovated rooms." I asked if they had any rooms available with a bathtub, and she said they had one available but we'd have to pay 20 euros more a night.
We took a look and the room (room 2 on the ground floor) was much nicer. It was bigger and much quieter (faced the inner courtyard instead of the street). It had a mini-fridge, a proper desk, a bigger bed, and the bathroom was significantly nicer. We decided to take it, even though it ended up being 180 euros a night.
* Nice big bed (actually two beds pushed together, but without a noticeable crack in the middle). I like firm mattresses and my husband likes softer mattresses, but both of us really liked the mattress and comforter on this bed.
* Newly renovated bathroom with magnifying mirror and hairdryer. The bathtub also had a shower fixture in it.
* Air conditioning. It was pretty cold when we were there in June (50-75 degrees), so I can't say how well it would work on a hot summer day, but the temperature was pleasant when we were there.
* Mini fridge. Although the fridge was in a wooden box and so it couldn't cool that well. It kept our water cold enough though.
* Free wireless internet, that let you login once and stay logged in the entire visit.
* Friendly staff who spoke English well.
* Elevator for the upper floors.
* Reasonable location. Only two blocks from the nearest metro station. Pretty centrally located.
* Wireless was pretty weak. Went in and out continually, even in our room on the ground floor right near the lobby.
* Bathtub is extremely narrow. I fit in it but my husband's shoulders were way too wide. He wouldn't have been able to lay down in the tub.
I would consider booking this hotel again if it were significantly cheaper, and if we could be sure to avoid the stinky newly painted room.
You have no recent hotel searches.