“Quiet, friendly hotel with everything one needs” 5 of 5 stars

You added Color Design Hotel to your Saves list
Color Design Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 rue de Citeaux | 12th Arr., 75012 Paris, France   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #514 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Zurich, Switzerland
“Quiet, friendly hotel with everything one needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

A little further from the Gare de Lyon than other hotels I've stayed at but this one is on a quiet side street in a bustling area. The rooms are equipped with everything one needs (comfy bed, toiletries) and doesn't need (huge TV). The staff are friendly and the rooms kept clean. The nearby rue du Faubourg St. Antoine has plenty of shops, restaurants and cafes.

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking the small inner courtyard which are extra quiet. I liked the corner roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel and the staff.

All my team are making everything to respect what I ask them to do which is to make our clients like home, we are glad that you spent a nice time with us.

Do not hesitate next time to contact me directly in order to have special offer next time.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris and we will do again our best to satisfy you.

519 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Lugano, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The receptionist are very kind and professionals. Fast calling for a taxi to the airport CDG and right indication for its price. We payed exactly what they asked at the moment of booking. We appreciated the breakfast but there eas no cappuccino. Comfortable room, cleaned but there were no minibar, no close wardrobe. The bath was a bit little and the door was a bit smaller than the the hole in the wall. The hotel is close to two different metro stations, in an area full of shops. I can suggest it for your holidays.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Do not hesitate next time to contact me directly in order to have special offer and I will try to give you our deluxe room which is much bigger.

Sint Niklaas, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I can recommend this hotel. The bathrooms are quite small.
Wifi works good. Breakfast for 12€ was good.
staff is very friendly and helpfull.

My first room was small. I reported that I did not like this. the staff changed my room for a bigger one without any questions.

I like this hotel and hired it again for the folowing week. ( need to be in the area for business)
I brought rollerblades and had lots of fun traveling trough paris with them. Paris has a rental system for bikes where you can take a bike somewhere for a few euro and leave it elsewhere.
I believe you should count about 6ish euros for a day when you use the system smart.

Do visit montmartre and sacre coeur!
Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy the hotel, the room, the breakfast and my team.

They are, all, making everything to respect what I ask them to do which is to make our clients like home and we are glad that you spent a nice time with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris.

Lafayette, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights mainly because it was near Gare de Lyon train station (less than 10 minute walk). It is also very close to a metro station. Outside the hotel are cafes, bakeries, shops, restaurants and a grocery store. The hotel is very modern - furniture and walls are all white with splashes of color (light fixtures, cool bright yellow and orange tile in bathroom). The bathroom was small but had a nice modern shower. The room with 2 twin beds was extremely small. There is no dresser or shelf space to store clothing. However, there is a hanging shelf which holds extra pillows and blankets. It looked as if a side table next to the bed was removed for some reason. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet. We found the reception staff pleasant. We did not have the breakfast.

Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel, the location and your room.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer which is sometimes, according to the period, with the breakfast for free!

Bicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good hotel, was tidy and clean. Had my doubts about booking at first due to the name and the photos didn't look all to great. However hotels in Paris were all sold out and at first I thought this hotel was a bit overpriced but looking around and that seems to be the normal price
The main issue with this hotel was its distance from the main landmarks in the city, although it is in the city it takes about 30minutes to travel by metro to the Louvre area. The one advantage is that it is only a 3 minute walk to the metro station itself. The station was quiet but we felt safe enough to come home at night and were not bothered by anyone.
Would recommend this hotel, has free internet, tidy, but the rest is standard.

Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is pleased to read that your stay with us was good.

We are really sorry to know that you were disappointed by the area and the location.

Hope to welcome you for your next stay in Paris and we will do again our best to satisfy you and forget the location!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a homely place with excellent staff and attention to detail.

I stayed for 3 nights as a lone female traveller. I felt so glad that the team welcomed me like family and helped me in every way. They went so far as to translate my pizza order from English to French and I gave it to the staff at the restaurant. It was incredible.

The croissants are hot and fresh, delicious espresso from a good quality nespresso, wonderful street view from room 205. Crisp bed linen. Crisp! Like how often do you go to a 3* hotel and get fresh amazing cotton sheets. White too, no stains no marks no nothing.

Beautiful hotel. I will stay again and have recommended it to everyone. The local area is fabulous. Good food and good service on every corner. Le Chat Bossu is the best.

I can't wait to go back to those nice French people. Parisians have got taste and it shows in the presentation and smooth running of that business.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel, and our team. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day and I am really please that your were satisfied by our services.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were provided a room on an upper floor with good floor space. The bathroom was fine for two persons and it had a good shower. The beds were comfortable and we had a quiet night on this side street which is a plus. Service and reception were very helpful. Good clothing shopping in the area and close enough to walk to from Gare de Lyon. Two metro stations are close by and the wonderful Bastille market is 10-12 minutes away by foot.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper storey room facing the street. Better view of the area. Pretty quiet
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel and your room.

Elodie Lemaux

Been to Color Design Hotel? Share your experiences!