“Not as good as expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris

Save Saved
You added Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 rue du Champ de Mars, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #27 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Tel Aviv
“Not as good as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

96% satisfaction of reviewers, well, for me it was more like 70%. On arrival we were greeted by the friendly Christian and went to our room. We came back to reception, wishing to move to another room as we saw a construction sight in front of our windows. We had other issues and were answered rather cynically. Maybe something was lost in translation, yet the feeling was very uneasy on my part.
We decided to decline the additional 25 euro per night in order to move to a front room.
Pros:
Very lovely location near Rue Cler
Relatively spacious and nice clean room
Great bathroom, with an outside window
Kettle and safe
Free wi-fi
Great free breakfast when reserving through facebook
Cons:

No duvets, wool blankets that felt ancient and not very hygienic.
Carpet that felt in need of replacement
Separate toilet far from bathroom
Squeaky doors of cupboard
Low water pressure in shower
Erratic wi fi. Was out 3 times in 4 days but corrected as soon as informed

Will i stay again? Probably not. An average hotel in a safe part of Paris.
If the issues will be corrected will give it another try.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1,224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed here as part of a 50th birthday celebration and we spent two days at the French Open. The hotel is in a great location as mentioned by others - great sites nearby included the Eiffel Tower, Napoleon's tomb, and the Rodin Musuem (my personal favorite as much of the work is outside with some incredible pieces of art). The most convenient Metro for accessing other parts of Paris is La Motte-Picquet-Grenelle - which is about a half mile walk from the hotel. This walk takes you by the Eiffel Tower and Ecole Militaire so it was not a most enjoyable walk. Hotel is also close to some very good restaurants and the front desk can help with recommendations.

I was a little nervous about the Classic room that we booked as I was worried it would be small and uncomfortable. The room turned out to be just the right size with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The room is very quiet at night and the night darkening shades work extremely well. Skip the view of the Eiffel and go for the Classic rooms located on the interior of the building if you want a good night's sleep. See the pictures I've attached.

Breakfast spread was very good and the staff was friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We rented the apt for 5 nights, 2 adults, kids ages 5 & 8. I would have given it a 5 if not for the smell, my husband thought it was old cigarettes, as a cat owner of 2 decades, I thought it had a strong cat pee odor. The toilet was also poor- we asked and were told it was just parisian plumbing, but in past locations haven't had the same issue. Overall size is small but as expected for paris, and the mini kitchen helped a great deal for a family. The cleaning person came more often than expected, every 2 days, but did a poor job, cleaning supplies left out and areas not wiped down in kitchen and bath.

The LOCATION was GREAT-several bus lines close by and great local overall, we always enjoy Rue Cler, new boulangerie across the road was fantastic, staff helpful w planning reservations, was too chilly for patio use but I would expect May - Sept that to be very helpful. Beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: we were in the apt rented by the hotel not the main, the location is across the Bosquet in a residen...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Winchester, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Fantastic location, easy walking distance to many sites. Eiffel Tower short walk, many Art Museums, wonderful restaurants close by. Staff and service was Excellent, we were greeted by Christian, very friendly, he answered our many questions about the area. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Windows that open and beautiful view. We stayed five wonderful days and will definitely stay here again. Breakfast was great!. The coffee pastry shop around the corner was what you would expect in Paris, Awesome!

Room Tip: Higher floors had better views and superior rooms are a little larger. Also ask for softer bed if a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel was recommended by a friend and was as great as I had hoped. I arrived at the hotel around 9 am and although check-in was not until 4 pm, I was given a key to my room. I was very thankful as I had just spent several weeks in a location with minimal electricity and was looking forward to getting cleaned up before exploring the city.

The room was on the third floor and was very clean. I enjoyed taking the spiral staircase after initially dropping my luggage off via the elevator.

The hotel is very close to the Eiffel Tower and the staff of the hotel are very helpful with directions. They also gave me a map and highlighted different routes for me. There is a lovely pastry shop right next door as well as a small grocery store a few doors down.

This morning as I checked out very early to catch my flight, the gentleman at the front desk made me a cup of hot tea and helped me with my suitcase out to the shuttle. The hospitality at this hotel is wonderful and I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Paris.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
NEW JERSEY, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Hotel Relais Bosquet three eyars ago with our kids and their significant others, and the best compliment we can give is that.. we are returning there again in a couple of weeks, with my sister. The location is perfect, a few seconds walk to Rue Cler restaurants and shops, and a few minutes to the Eiffel Tower and grounds. Desk staff was attentive and helpful, and , if you like walking, you can walk from here to just about any of the major Paris sites, very easily. Arc de Triomphe is about a 25 min walk. The Seine about 10 mins. Breakfast was good, not great, but all that one needs to get a good start to the day! Again, the best complinent we can give is to give them our repeat business, which we are doing! My wife and I used to work in Hotels, and we enjoy staying at well-run properties!

Room Tip: some great restaurants tucked away on a side streets in the area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I took my partner for a weekend in Paris as birthday treat and just got back last night. We came by Eurostar and it was easy to get the metro to the hotel which was only a 5 minute walk. The hotel staffs were very friendly and recommended a great traditional French restaurant for dinner close by and we also got a great room with a view of the Eiffel tower from bed (Room 64). This room was supposed to be smaller than the other rooms however we found it was fine for us.

The area was perfect for us as it wasn't very touristy and had some lovely cafes/bars just down the road. The weather was so nice we could sit in the sun with a glass of good wine and watch the world go by. It was a short walk to the Eiffel tower about 15 minute’s maximum. I thought the location was great and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 64 had the view of the Eiffel tower from the bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris? Share your experiences!