“A great hotel near the Eiffel Tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris

Save Saved
You added Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 rue du Champ de Mars, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #42 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
London
“A great hotel near the Eiffel Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

A great hotel that served us perfectly for our 2 night stay. Very helpful staff recommended great local restaurants and we really could not have asked for any more from them. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: No comments to make
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1,316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel the week of November 6 for five nights. The hotel is conveniently located to the metro and several bus lines. Just a few blocks away is Bus 69 which takes you around all the tourist areas of Paris. There is also bus 92 which is just outside the hotel block which takes you the Arc de Triomphe. We were so close to the Eiffel Tower that we went there everyday of our trip. There are several places to eat and buy pastries nearby. The hotel was clean and modern. The hotel staff was nice and always greeted us with a smile when we would return to the hotel. Our room had a refrigerator and there was an elevator to take you upstairs. I would come back and stay at this hotel on our next visit. The best part about the hotel is the location. We were so happy with our visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I spent several nights in Paris earlier this month. Prior to our trip and because we had not stayed in the 7th before, we spent time looking for a hotel with local ambiance. We had stayed at Relais properties previously and were well pleased. Naturally, we looked at Hotel Relais Bosquet as well as others. We selected Hotel Relais and were not disappointed. Located on a side street, its understated entrance was our first clue that it would be to our liking. We were warmly greeted by the staff in the nicely appointed reception/lobby area. Our room was small yet more than adequate: clean and comfortable, it overlooked a small interior garden which no doubt muted exterior street and vehicular noises.

The entire staff was very helpful. In particular, Christian, always cheerful and with a wide smile, provided us with a wealth of local information which made our meanderings much easier.

We will return to this hotel when we next return to Paris.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I almost never give 5 stars so 4 stars is a very high score in my opinion. The hotel is just of a busy street but uh is also half a block from a closed off street with plenty of places to eat with options from French to Japanese to Korean to Irish. The staff is friendly and helpful. A recommendation for dinner took us to a delicious price fix bistro that was affordable. The price for the room was not too bad for the heart of paris either. The École militaire metro stop is close by and the RER C is a 5 to 10 min walk. The hotel is small but clean and has a warm feel to it. I found the staff to be responsive by email too.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel was amazing! It was clean, spacious and the staff was extremely helpful! They spoke perfect English and also entertained us attempting to speak French. It was also in a great area - we could walk to many tourist attractions including the Eiffel Tower.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Granite Bay, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

When researching where to stay during my last trip to Paris, I had narrowed down the choices to several hotels using TA and travel blogs. I wanted to stay at a place with more of a boutique type setting and after some deliberation, decided on the Hotel Relais Bosquet. I had almost stayed here before on my last trip but some members wanted to stay in the 1st district to be close to the Louve as they had not been to Paris before. On this trip, again there was a person who had never been to Paris and I decided that a hotel in the 7th would be the best. So the Relais Bosquet became the choice.

The hotel's location is both strategic and superb to say the least. SInce that topic has been mentioned in many of the previous reviews, no need for those details here. The facility, from the lobby, to the common areas and to the rooms was very good. Reasonably well laid out and appropriately appointed. Street noise (we had a street side room) was minimal due to electronic shutters and the ambient noise from adjacent rooms was imperceptible. I found everything to be very clean and orderly. So why the very average rating?

I had to rate my stay there as very average for the level of service and attitude rendered by the staff. With all the glowing and positive reviews, I had a high level of expectations. I didn't expect the service level to be commensurate with that of the Ritz or similar establishments. To start off, we came in several cars from our trip to Paris and before retuning the cars to the rental car facility, we dropped off the luggage and some members of our party to check in. The area in front of the hotel is both congested and tight so we left the luggage at the curb. Upon our return by foot, my wife had gotten our room but had received no assistance with the bags. In fact none of the spouses that checked in while we were away received any assistance, period. We did not expect bellhop service but when my wife asked for a bit of help to get the bags off the curb into the hotel, the desk person stated in a very snotty manner that there are no bellhops here. She said that there was another staff person standing right there just looking through some paperwork. The desk person was not friendly at all and did not smile once or really look her in the eye. After checking in, she along with the other spouses managed to lug the bags into the small elevator and into the rooms on their own. At the time they checked in, the hotel was not busy at all.

When we arrived back at the hotel, I went to the front desk to see if everything went well with the check in. The desk clerk in a fairly brusque manner stated that they all have their keys and that was pretty much all he said. No welcome to the hotel or even a small smile. It was like a scene in a movie where someone checks into some cheap one star hotel and the clerk is totally indifferent and could care less if you stay or not. I go to the room and then hear the story from my wife about the attitude of the desk people. I say that's pretty consistent with what I encountered in my first experience downstairs.

When we went downstairs to meet and get ready for our walk in the nearby surroundings, I stopped to ask the clerk very politely about some directions to a particular spot. He proceeds to hand me a map and quickly circles a spot with a brief and curt explanation of how to get there. At this point, I figure that I'll keep my contact with the desk staff during this shift to a minimum. As we went and came throughout our 3 day stay, I, along with the others in our group, did not see a noticeable change in the attitude of the staff. I watched their interaction with some other guests and they were treated pretty much the same as us. Not rude at all but just not friendly or very helpful. An interaction that really emphasized their service attitude was when I inquired about staying an additional night. We had booked a stay here about 5 months in advance but when we were able to extend our stay for an extra night in Paris about 1 month before our trip, we weren't able to book that extra night online. As we were ready to leave the hotel on the second day of our stay, I kindly inquired if there was a chance that we might be able to book an additional night. The desk person, one that is different from those that we had interacted with on the first day, states in a very haughty tone and without really looking at me, that the situation hasn't changed in the last 15 minutes. Although, perplexed and a bit put off by his response, I decide not to inquire further and meet the rest of the group in the lobby. On our way out I explain what had happened and one of the other members stated that he had asked about extending our stay about 15 minutes before I did. He said the clerk, who simply said no to his request, was rather indifferent as the others and that was pretty much it. Obviously the clerk must have thought I was the same individual asking again. My friend's appearance does not remotely resemble mine although we are of the same race. As the clerk did not really address me with distinct eye contact, he made the assumption that it was same person being annoying by inquiring again.

Other than the late night desk clerk who cheerfully greeted us upon our return from a late evening dinner engagement and one who was on a smoke break outside the hotel, the aloof and indifference of staff was consistent throughout our stay. We pretty much avoided future interaction with the staff as we took matters, such as directions and reservations, into our own hands. As a result of our experiences, we, as a group, decided not have any breakfast or beverages there during our stay. You read articles and hear from other travelers that one constant in Paris is that service can be spotty and unfriendly. I've been fortunate to have visited Paris a good number of times and can say that I have had very few poor service experiences. Unfortunately, that was the level of service experienced during our stay at the Relais Bosquet and it made what could of been an excellent stay a very average one at best. On another note, our stay at another hotel for that extra night in Paris was excellent due most in part to the great service that we received there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
relaisbosquet, Front desk - management at Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Bonjour

Thank you for posting a review here on Tripadvisor.

We are sorry that your experience was not satisfying and we understand your point
Let me just make a few points

It seems that this was all about us not carrying your bags

We often help with the guests bags of course even our manager is often helping; as you can see in the numerous review here that most people are very happy about he hotel service.

3 star hotels in France and often 4 star hotels don't have a luggage service and as for an information just because we have people sitting behind a desk it does not mean they are baggage handlers. This is not in their job contract and who knows, maybe they have a medical prescription not to carry heavy stuff.

If you were expecting this kind of features you should have booked a 4 star hotel and make sure they provide the service you are expecting.

Best regards
Bertrand, Christian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Me and my wife had decided to explore Paris after her 1 week seminar.

I booked Hotel Relais Bosquet because of its good rankings in the Tripadvisor search. Nothing spoils a holiday more than a bad hotel.

Hotel Relais Bosquet did not disappoint. It is nicely tucked away along a romantic Ave Bosquet, where the street itself boasts beautiful local cafes, small flea markets during the weekends, local fromage, flower shops and groceries shops!

It is abt 3 minutes walk from Metro called Ecole Militaire, and abt 5 minutes walk to the foot of Eiffel Tower.

The service staff are all friendly and readily to assist using Anglais as the medium of communication!

This hotel although do not boast any grandeur or large exquisite rooms, it exudes the charm and love of Paris from its neighbourhood and the hotel services.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris? Share your experiences!