“Great service and close to Rue Cler” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris

You added Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 rue du Champ de Mars, 75007 Paris, France (Tour Eiffel / Invalides)   |
Ranked #58 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, CA
“Great service and close to Rue Cler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I can never get tired of the 7th arrondisement in Paris. I like the feel of quiet residential neighborhood and close proximity to good restaurants that lined Rue St Dominque and Rue Cler.

For our 3rd visit to Paris we decided to get a nicer hotel closer to Rue Cler and after much research settled on Relais Bosquet due to the positive comments about customer service.

In that regard I was not disappointed. The customer service was top notch. The front desk was very polite, and took care of business with class.

Rue Cler is about 1/2 block away and the hotel is very close to the very rustic but good value Cafe du Marche. Unfortunately I did not know it at the time, but Rue Cler is a bit dead on Mondays. But during other days you can really pick up a lot of nice supplies for a picnic lunch or snack - from raw oysters to pates to fruits to cheese to bakery to chocolates to ice cream. A foodie heaven to sum.

Rue St. Dominque is another street that is packed with nice shops and restaurants and about 10 minute walk away. We went to Fables de la Fountaine and Cafe Constant and they were both very good.

The hotel was really 2 residential buildings transformed into a hotel. The is a hallway that connects the two on the ground floor. As a result, the elevator is miniscule (fits 2 person and 2 suitcases), and the staircase is narrow and not advisable to use.

Partially due to the retrofitting, our room is a bit peculiar and a disappointment. It was a very large room by Parisian standards, and it was decorated nicely and very clean. But the toilet was in a tiny room next to the bed, and there was no sink near it. So every night we had to go through the ritual of going to the toilet, and then run across the room to go to the shower/tub/sink in the bathroom at the other end. Not fun.

Lastly, the sound travels. One night on our floor, the kids (apparently in a different room) kept knocking on the door of their parent's room, looking for toothbrush and such. We could hear every word.

So I will consider this hotel again because overall it was really a good hotel, but I will want to double check the layout of the room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
relaisbosquet, reception at Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Bonjour

Thank you for having taken some of your time to write a review.
Now about the bedroom you had. The series 2 bedrooms were already layed out the same way before renovation.
Know that a lot of Parisian homes have this kind of setting and we understand that it can seem strange to people who are not used to it.
Please for the next booking ask us for another type of room; we always try to access any guests request.

About the noise that disurbed you one night I regret (and this is valid for any decent hotel) that we were not informed because we would have done something about it.

We will always welcome you again

Best regards
Tiziana, Christian - front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Out of the three places I stayed at while on vacation, Hotel Relais Bosquet was definitely my favorite. It is a small sweet, cozy bouquet hotel that is convenient and located in such a cute area.

5/5 Check-In: After a trained ride and a taxi ride, we were ready to get out of the cold and into our room. As soon as we checked in, it was friendly immediately. He let us know where our room was and confirmed what we had booked, a superior room with the view of the Eiffel Tower.

3.5/5 Hotel and Amenities: There was a breakfast area down stairs, but we didn't have breakfast there because there were so many cafes within a short walking distance that was far cheaper. Plus it was fun to have breakfast in the different cafes. They had two computers downstairs for use, but I had my ipad and free wifi, which was always reliable, so that I didn't need to use their computers.

4/5 Rooms: Since it was freezing (for me being from Texas), I appreciated coming into a room that was warm and bright. We had a superior room which was it was a great size and a very sweet sweet room. The bed was large and the window provided great lighting. It might be that we were on the 6th floor and in a corner room also that was why the lighting was so nice. The bathroom was very nice along with the toiletries which I used and didn't even have to use my own except for shampoo and conditioner. The only complaint I had was that the toilet room was separate, which isn't my complaint, but the fact that it was right the bed that I found awkward.

The mini bar was well stock and had wine glasses along with a wine cork, which was nice because we did pick up some wine while we were there and had it in the room. Actually for the most part, the mini bar prices were very fair.

I loved our room (63)...it was definitely worth it for us to paid for the Eiffel Tower view since it was our first visit to Paris. Next time I would pay for the superior room, but not the view. But if it's your first visit to Paris, go ahead and splurge a bit.

4/5: Staff/Service: Unlike other hotels, we interacted with the front desk more than usual because they ask us to return the room key when leaving the hotel. The rooms’ keys are a bit unique so it’s not easy to replace. It wasn’t a problem and it was nice greeting the front desk anyhow. They were all very nice and cheery.

Housekeeping was also fantastic each day. One day I had a mess going and had requesting no housekeeping but they did anyway. No very happy it, but they did a great job. Don’t forget to tip. It’s not an easy job.

4/5 Overall: I absolutely loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone of my friends and family members. It’s a sweet little hotel in such a wonderful neighborhood. We really enjoyed our stay here and know that you will too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
relaisbosquet, reception desk at Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Bonsoir.

We thank you so much for you nice and detailed review on our hotel.
Making our guests happy is our first and major concern.
You are very right about the room key; some guests think it is a bit strange that you have to leave it at the desk but it is only a safety matter and also as you said wisely that gives us the opportunity to have some words with our guests and so to know that everything is fine. At Relais Bosquet we like to provide a personalized service.
Anyway again we thank you for your visit and your review and will always welcome you back; a lot of our clients are returning guests.
Very best regards
Christian . front desk
Carbondale, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I were more than pleased with the Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris (a Rick Steve's rec). Besides being very comfortable, quiet, a very good breakfast, courteous & helpful staff, it was in a great location. We were able to walk to numerous attractions, cafes, and a good marketplace. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat unless I wanted the hub-bub (and $$$) of the 8th.

Room Tip: Hit the market that is a quick right out the door and a block away for excellent cheese, charcuterie...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Bonjour
We are so happy your stay was pleasant, we always try our best so our guests can feel themselves at home at Relais Bosquet
We would be very happy to have you back sometimes
very warm regards
Christian,, front desk
tpe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

This is actually my second stay in this hotel. Last time it was in 2009. During two years , I also happened to pass by Paris for a couple of times, and I have tried to stay in different hotels. None of them can beat this one, in terms of location, price, and service. Relais bosquet is within walking distances to many restaurants and the the tower. The elegant Rue Cler is just behind the hotel. This hotel is also trying very hard to renovate, at this moment the second building is under renovation. I suppose travelers can book it in the summer. Room is relatively spacious in paris standard. One little small complaint is the bed is not supportive, probably due to it's age.

Room Tip: Book for rooms in the second building?
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
relaisbosquet, reception desk at Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Bonjour
we thank you for your review and we are happy taht you enjoyed your visit
We are a birt surprised about your remark on the befdding

if we could know what room you were in we could see if something is wrong with the bedding but never hd any major complaint about it.
Anyway we again thank you for your post and are looking forward to wecoming you again
best regards from the team
christian, front desk
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Loved, LOved, LOved Hotel Relais. Fantastic location with Great Staff. Spacious and cumfortable rooms.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Great Location in a quiet neighborhood in Paris. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable with plenty of space to move around. The front desk staff was helpful with the exception of the day we departed. We prepaid our stay, but the front desk agent held me in line saying I had not prepaid. He pulled my paperwork and realized I had prepaid, but it added a good 15 minutes to our taxi meter that was waiting with my husband.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
relaisbosquet, reception desk at Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Bonjour

We thank you for your review
We are sorry about the incident on check out.
Most of the bookings taht we have do not need advance payment, except for our Early Booking" rate
A lot of guest think they already paid this is why we have to double check on departure
In your case the mistake is ours because despite the fast we pay great attention a mistake is from times to times inevitable
We hope this little incident will not keep you from coming back to us

With our best regards
Christian
Woodstock, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights the final week of January 2012....
Location is excellent.....5 minute walk to metro stop Ecole Militaire....easy rail system to navigate...1 short block from Rue Cler...10 minute walk to Eiffel Tower...20 minute walk or 2 metro stops to Champs Elysees.....2 block walk to Bus #69....great restaurants, markets, cafes....
Hotel staff very helpful, accommodating and supportive from my first email contact.
They suggested to go on Facebook for the best deal...and it was!!!!...They even included breakfast daily.....
The concierge, breakfast and housekeeping staff couldn't have been nicer...

I would come back here again....and highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard double....was a bit cramped, but comfortable....bed a bit too soft for my li...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour

We thank you for your post and are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us
Yes you are right the best deal is on our Facebook page but also a lot of useful information about the Hotel , our area (7th Arrondissement) and Paris
By the way we also thank you for having joined our community
We will always be happy to welcome you again

best regards
Christian

Been to Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris? Share your experiences!