“Worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,247 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Oradea, Romania
“Worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was there together with 2 other colleague for 1 week for business. First they didn't find our reservations. As each night there was another guy at the reception (all of them in their first day) we had to check again the reservation with the other one. Smallest rooms ever, breakfast only with cereals, croissants and boiled eggs. Although we paid to have breakfast included, they charged it again after we left the hotel.

Don't go there!

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights in late October. Hotels bizarre decor is looking tired and jaded. The room was very small and needed a good clean. Walls marked, heater & fridge grimey etc. Safe in room not working, was told key was lost, but electronic keypad type!! Not possible to fix or exchange apparently. On the plus side it is well positioned just across the road from Porte de Versailles and is well serviced with Tram, metro and bus (No 80 passes by hotel & goes to Monmartre via Eiffel tower. It has fabulous local restaurants (check out Le Petit Auberge on same road). Sheets are crisp and clean and staff were very friendly and helpful. Think 2 star hotel at best.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Lisboa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I arrived at the hotel about 9.30 in the evening, and as soon as i get there, i am informed that there was a problem with my room, and that i would be transfered to another hotel a couple of blocks away. Even though they had my e-mail and phone, they didn't inform me in advance, so that I could change the hotel if I wanted; they just decided for themselves what to do with me, which I didn't appreciate.
So I asked for the money of the reservation back, and the guy of the reception just said he would not give it to me and he presented me no other solution to the problem that they created.
So I asked for another room and said that there was any other room available. That's when another lady gets out of the elevator and says that she wont stay in the room that was given to her, because it was too bad. So she leaves the hotel and I ask if can have the room that was now available (cause I didn't want to go that late to another place), and the man still says that there is no room available for me, because that room that was now available was given to somebody else!!!
It ended about 2 hours after, when he finaly says that he can give me a room!!
The man in the reception was really incompetent and arrogant.
If you want to have a pleasent trip, do not stay at this hotel.
I bet that the good comments about this hotel, are written by the personal of the hotel itself.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

For a three star hotel this was very good - clean and tidy. We had a twin room with en suite, mini bar, TV, etc, for 55 Euros a night for the room. Breakfast was 8.5 euros each but you could eat as much as you wanted and included cereal, criosants, pan au chocolate, hard boiled eggs, cheese, ham, etc. The room was a bit small but fine. The beds were comfortable and claen. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Its very close to the Metro and about 15 minutes Metro journey to Notre Dame. It's not really a tourist area and we enjoyed the local bars and restaurants. We did not expect to have to pay 1.5 euros each per night city tax. We were asked to pay it when we checked out and had no idea there would be such a charge. We booked through Eurostar and it was not possible to say we wanted a twin room and had to book a double. Luckily the hotel had a twin available. It would be best to phone them and book a twin if you can't state that preference at the time of booking.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is on a busy road. It good having the french windows but probably better to g...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Subotica, Serbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

My girlfriend and I were there in July and had an awful experience. As soon as we got into our rooms we noticed a bug on the wall, but didn't think much of it. However, the next morning we realized that we were both completely covered in bed bug bites. The next day we changed our room only to find that the other room had bed bugs as well. we couldn't bear staying at this hotel for another minute, so we had to change hotels at the middle of the night, which was really uncomfortable. The bed bug bites were a real nuisance during the whole trip and adversely impacted our experience. If you want a plasant stay in Paris DO NOT stay at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

beds infested with bedbugs, i got bitten very badly all over my body. I have never, in my life, had a reaction like what i had to these bed bug bites, i went to the french hospital the next day and said it was fleas from a bed or carpet, stay anywhere but here!

Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

Stayed whilst exhibiting at Pret a Porter in January. Location good but I was badly bitten by bed bugs on the first night. Was moved to a couple of different rooms during the stay but had the same problem in all of them. No response let alone apology from the management.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Pavillon Porte de Versailles? Share your experiences!