“Very well located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Duminy Vendome

Save Saved
You added Duminy Vendome to your Saves list
Duminy Vendome
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 / 5, rue du Mont Thabor | 1st Arr., 75001 Paris, France   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #577 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Very well located. Few steps from Rue de Rivoli which means close to the Louvre, Tuileries, Opera and many other great spots in Paris. Helpful staff and decent clean rooms. My only issue is the apparently thin wall which makes easy to enter the noise from other rooms. Fair daily rate when compared with other options in the same category.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
MIAMI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed 3 nights with my wife in a Deluxe room. The room was comfortable and spacious. However, the bathroom was a little dated albeit very clean. I had a rather unpleasant experience though when I had a leak in my bathroom ceiling. I reported the problem to the front desk and it was taken care of in record speed. Compliments to the staff and the maintenance crew which was also very friendly. Although the hotel fixed the problem, I still find it unacceptable that the hotel did not make an effort to improve our stay since my wife and I each had water (I'm not sure from where) drip onto us while using our bathroom.
I had read reviews about noise and my room faced Rue du Mont Thabor so I was concerned, but I did not find it to be very noisy at all. There was a garbage truck that came by early in the morning, but it swiftly moved on and was not a concern. Also, I did not have any noise problems with the bars which abut the property.
The staff was really the most memorable part of the stay as each person was very pleasant and helpful (from the front desk, to the maintenance crew, to the dining staff). The breakfast was delicious and offered a variety of juices, meats, cheeses, yogurts and pastries, as well as eggs and sausages. The air conditioning worked fabulously as well - this is not so standard in Europe and it was appreciated in the June heat.
The location of the hotel is really nice. All in all we would likely stay here again, but I would definitely shop around. They could have made me a lifer but I can't completely agree with the way the plumbing leak was handled in my room.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room was spacious but I cannot compare to standard room since I did not stay in one. The...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed for 4 nights in a deluxe room and found the room very comfortable and spacious for Paris.The staff were very friendly, attentive and were always on hand to make our stay an enjoyable & memorable one. Great location for easy access to the main tourist attractions.
To put it simply, the hotel offered great value for money, perfect location to explore Paris, friendly staff and very a satisfying breakfast. Will definitely re-book this hotel in the future for my stay in Paris.Having been to Paris multiple times over the years its nice to find a hotel which I can come back to without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Canberra Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hotel Duminy Vendome is a lovely hotel. We stayed there in May. We were able to access our room even though we arrived very early, at 9 am. The staff are welcoming and helpful. Our Deluxe Room 408 was spacious and spotlessly clean. The bathroom is also a good size. The Hotel is no more than 10 minutes walk from the Louvre, Park Tuille the Obelisk, the Opera, so an excellent location. Unfortunately the walls are paper thin and you can hear the people in the next room talking. Our room faced the road and the noise on the road outside our window never stopped, with garbage trucks emptying bins in the early hours and people shouting at night. You could sleep with the windows shut which dulls the noise. The included breakfast was great, good choices and a lovely breakfast room. If it wasn't for the thin walls I'd give it a 5* rating.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper a room away from the street would be better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tipp City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is my second stay at the Duminy. Twelve years apart. Excellent property. Clean everything - rooms, lounge, entry, breakfast area - all in excellent repair. Superior staff! Multilingual! We stayed 6 nights. During that time the staff assisted with directions, ensured we were notified by a personal card, not voice mail, of a change in our airport shuttle for the day we were leaving. The food was quite good for breakfast. One day we had to be at the tour company at 0630, the same time breakfast started. At 0600, we had a "take away" provided with hit coffee, cream, croissants, napkins which we ate in the ground floor lounge. This service was offered to us, not requested! If and when I get back to Paris, I will definitely stay here again.

A few more points. Louvre, 10 minute walk; grocery, 8 minute walk; Musee de Orsay, 10 minute walk; Musee de Orangerie 10 minute walk; Eiffel Tower, 30 minute walk; Cathédrale du Notre Dame, 30 minute walk. Carr's Irish Pub, if you need an "English" fix, next door. Rivoli Park Tavern, around the corner. You get the picture.

Room Tip: Standard room is excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent nearly 2.5 days researching & agonising over accommodation in Paris, trying to find a place that was in a great location, reasonably nice and not going to break the bank... then I finally found Duminy Vendome. I accidentally booked the wrong dates, but the staff were very helpful and fixed up my error so quickly. Duminy Vendome was exactly what I was looking for and I'll definitely be back :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotel_Duminy, Responsable réception at Duminy Vendome, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,
All the team wants to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about your stay at the hotel.
We are very attentive to the comfort of our customers and it is always a pleasure to see that our efforts are rewarded. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the Duminy-Vendome.
We would like to thank you for your kind recommendation and we are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you soon!
Kind regards,
Lucie D.
Assistant Front Office Manager
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 5 nights in "privilege" room for 3 - clean but very small. Staff was friendly, but forgot to call taxi for us (after I confirmed it with front desk night before) and we almost missed our train to London. Breakfast was ok.
We are traveling a few times a year and by my standards - very average hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear guests,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about your recent stay at Duminy Vendome.
We are very surprise about your comment regarding the size of the Deluxe “Privilege” room which is the biggest type of room we have (around 22 square meters). It is an appreciate room size for Parisian hotel in the center.
We are deeply sorry regarding the taxi. Your taxi was booked on the taxi company system as requested. Unfortunately, as many big cities, during rush hours traffic and the high demand for taxis can result to delays that we cannot always anticipate.
Breakfast is an important moment of the day for our guests, we set a large selection of product on our buffet breakfast to satisfy the greatest number. We are glad you enjoyed it.
We would be delighted to welcome you again so that you do not stay on a bad image that does not reflect the hotel Duminy Vendome.
Best regards,
Lucie D.
Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Duminy Vendome? Share your experiences!