“Don't go here is you like sleeping!” 2 of 5 stars

Warwick Champs Elysees Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 rue de Berri, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #423 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Don't go here is you like sleeping!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked this hotel as a wedding anniversary break for my husband & I, having considered the positive reviews on Expedia - paying extra for an upgrade to a deluxe room with balcony.

On arrival everything was great & the hotel staff were very attentive. Having spent a pleasurable day visiting the sites of Paris we returned to our room ready for a relaxing nights sleep - only to be woken by what can only be described as a nightclub in our bedroom. Due to both of us being shattered it didn't disturb us too much & therefore we fell back asleep quickly HOWEVER night 2 was only but worse!!

We were woken at 2.30AM with the whole room vibrating & the base sound of the music permutating our room from the nightclub below. We called room service to order a drink & were told 'we should have complained the night before & they would have moved us'; we eventually got back to sleep at 4.30AM when the club closed!

We raised this with the manager who informed us that they have never had any complaints of this nature & it was our fault for not telling them the night before! Oh & there was nothing she could on the basis that we made our booking through Expedia!

Albeit she eventually admitted they had received prior complaints she was dismissive & offered no solution.

A lovely hotel, great location but shame about the staffs ability to address a genuine complaint - if you choose to go here DO NOT book a room with a balcony especially rooms 108,109 or 110 unless you don't mind not sleeping!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jean S, Directeur général at Warwick Champs Elysees Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Lisa M,

It is with great regret that I read your comments regarding your recent stay with us, I would like to express my sincere apologies, I am disappointed that we were not informed about your problem earlier in order to avoid further disturbance for you on your special occasion.
Guest satisfaction is our main concern and I would like to inform you that I will be in contact with you personally in order to discuss in greater details.

Jean Sourbes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
Nicosia-Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Being a regular business traveller to Paris over the last 30 years,I must admit that I never stayed at this hotel before.Nevertheless my firs stay was a pleasant surprise and my overall impression is positive,therefore I shall be staying at the Warwick again next January.Clean and quiet rooms,nice breakfast,kind service everywhere and reasonable pricing.Recomended for all those looking for prime location accomodation in Paris.

Room Tip: quiet courtyard room at high floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jean S, Directeur général at Warwick Champs Elysees Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear nikosh,

It is with great pleasure that I read your remarks and I am reassured that you finally got introduced to our little haven; I have to admit “it is better late than never”. Our hotel has been around for the past 30 years and has evolved to meet and exceed the expectations of “Todays” guests and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, the whole team of the Hotel Warwick Champs Elysées looks forward to welcoming you back in January.

Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Positive aspects:
1) Location,30 meters from the Champs Elysees avenue.
2) Quite room (garden view).
3) Nice room with working desk,armchair,frigobar,flat tv,safe in room,electronic key.
4) Nice breakfast with several options of breads,fruits,juíces,cheeses,jams,hot foods,etc.
5) Nice lobby and corridors,and clean.
6) Nice and complete bathroom.
7) Very clean room and bathroom.
8) Nice cost/ benefits: Eur 225 including breakfast and taxes.
9) Nice and clean bed and pillows.
10) Friendly staff.
11) Small but efficient market 10 meters far.
12) Several pharmacys,stores,restaurants and fastfoods in walking distance.
13) Safe area.
14) Nearest metro station is 70 meters far (George V).
15) Very close to the Triumph Arc (200 meters).

Negative aspects: None,it is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Prefer the inner room,garden view,it is quite. Rooms located in front side have more influence of th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear limasboy,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hotel Warwick Champs Elysées and for taking the time to share all your positive aspects regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sure that Tripadvisor travellers will find your detailed comments very helpful as it answers many questions that people ponder upon before travelling.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit.

Samos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were impressed, we usually stay in the Marriot on the Champs Elysee, which is very expensive with typical french arrogance, so we were so happy to find this little gem. The Warrick was totally unpretentious. We loved it, comfortable rooms, lovely linen and good size room, nice bathroom, all you could want really.
Breakfast was fine but beware, if you order eggs from the kitchen they will charge you? I've never seen that at a hotel before? I ordered a cafe latte and checked 'is this extra'?... fortunately it wasn't.
The location was great 50m off the 'Champs', and right at Rue George 5th opposite Fourquet Hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Marie c,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hotel Warwick Champs Elysées; our aim is to ensure that all our clients have a personalised and friendly stay. I do thank you for sharing your comments and I have to admit that our location is one of our greatest assets and we are proud of our comfortable rooms. Just for information for your next stay, our breakfast buffet includes a selection of eggs that are included in your package; as soon as you order “à la carte” there is a surcharge.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next romantic holiday in beautiful Paris.

Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I appreciate all The Warwick Champs Elysees Hotel : in priority all the employees are perfect ! The room feel me good and the bed assure me a very good night.
The Warwick Champs Elysees Hotel is ideally situated just off the Champs Elysees.By walking distance you can go of most major sites and also by feet to the Congres ( porte maillot)
I you have a choice to do , please, go to the Warwick.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jean S, Directeur général at Warwick Champs Elysees Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear LOMBARD G,

It is always a great pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed their stay with us and I would like to thank you for recommending the Hôtel Warwick Champs-Elysées to Tripadvisor travellers.

I look forward to seeing for your next visit to Paris.

Florence, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I arrived at 11.00 am, they told me my room was not ready (for 500 euros per night, not really nice to hear). So they told me: a room could be ready in 15 minutes if you accept two twins beds put together, or in an hour if you want a king size bed as you asked. I waited an hour, and you know what? When I entered the room, there were two twin beds together!!!
Free wifi in the lobby never worked on my iphone.
An espresso in the lobby is 6 euros. Not really good by the way.
They have NO GYM. But they have "special price" with a gym nearby: 30 euros per entrance in the gym! and you cannot pay it with your room bill.
Rooms were ok.
Breakfast is continental buffet. Just ok, nothing special.

Location is good, just off Champs Elysees.
For those interested in the matter there is the Penthouse Strip Club just 50 meters away on the same street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear MaverickRome,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor travellers.
All of us at the Hôtel Warwick Champs-Elysées strive to provide an enjoyable and relaxing guest experience and we were disappointed to learn that we didn’t met your expectations.
Our Check-in time is at 3 pm, whenever possible we try and satisfy our clients but we cannot guarantee an earlier check in as it depends on the hotel occupancy; in your case it was not possible and we are sorry for this.
Regarding the fitness center, in fact we have a partnership with the nearby club where our guests have a large choice of machines, fitness classes, or coaches; a complete and full service. We also are sorry to hear that it was not possible to connect your iPhone to the free Wi-Fi, please do not hesitate during your next stay to ask the reception or concierge team, they are always ready to help.
The breakfast you are talking about is the Express breakfast served in the bar area but an American buffet breakfast with a large choice of pastries, fruits, cereals and hot plates is served every day in the restaurant.

We look forward to your return so that you might give us the opportunity to prove our commitment to you. Meanwhile, we all remain at your service.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Friday 9th Nov. I left my room @ 7.30 p.m for 1/2 hour to use Internet in lobby as connection bad in rooms, when I came back I found my wallet empty ,there was 700e .hotel management did nothing though they said they have camera in the floor so they could have checked who entered room
So please be careful where you put your money when using this hotel

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jean S, Directeur général at Warwick Champs Elysees Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Ms Mona A,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and once again, we sincerely apologize that your stay was tarnished by this incident. I read your comment with great attention but it was our understanding that you were contacted privately by our Duty manager during your stay about this incident. A full internal investigation was conducted, however if you had allowed the police to become involved, a much more intensive investigation could have been undertaken.
We do understand your frustration and rest assured that this type of incident does not reflect our quality of service and has been treated with the upmost importance. Our valued guests' comments are crucial to us, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to excellent service in the future and should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jean Sourbes

Been to Warwick Champs Elysees Hotel? Share your experiences!