This is essentially a B&B hotel: there is no dining room, and breakfast is a buffet, but there is more to it than that. The hotel was recently refurbished to a very high standard (not entirely to my taste, as there’s quite a lot of black) and the general experience is one of quiet class. It’s in a fairly quiet street, which helps, too.
The reception staff are quite remarkably helpful and easy to deal with. They made a real difference to our visit. They all speak English, of course.
Our room was a bit small (you’re in Paris, dummy!) but almost entirely satisfactory. The only problem is that after the installation of the minibar and kettle and tea-tray, there is nowhere for your own stuff. Hanging space in the wardrobe was excellent. Sleep quality was excellent.
Breakfast is a buffet, with a selection of high-quality breads, pastries, cheeses and meats. Fried egg, bacon and sausage are permanently available, but you can have other egg dishes cooked to order. Breakfast staff were outstandingly hospitable.
There are three points which the hotel’s website does not seem to mention: first, the bedrooms have good quality hair-dryers; second, there is room service if you want to eat between 5 pm and midnight (at typical hotel prices); third, there is a desktop PC and printer for guest use. This last one is handy for printing out boarding passes, but beware that it has a Continental keyboard, so you might need some help. The free WiFi worked very well all over the hotel. There is also a sauna, which I didn’t try.
If you want to eat out, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, including one right next door. It is also close to a couple of Metro stations.
The combination of a comfortable and quiet hotel in an excellent central location is unusual. Strongly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Paris, located in the 7th arrondissement, overlooking the National Assembly, the peacefulness of this central district preserves "one of the best kept secrets of Paris ' the Hotel Bourgogne & Montana. A beautiful and entirely refurbished mansion , inherited from la haute bourgeoisie, this particular hotel with 6 floors represents the Art de Vivre a la Francaise. This same French intimate style is to be found in different forms with variated ceiling heights : << la coquette>>, << la ravissante>>, << la favorite>>...... Giving elegance to 31 rooms well furnished with lights, moldings, carvings and chimneys. Exclusivity and refinement at Hotel Bourgogne & Montana inside the classic comfort and of the reception and bar as well as the well-being areas such as the gym and the spa. An intimate pause at only two blocks from the hectic landmarks of Paris: the Grand & Petit Palais, Orsay Museum , Place de la Concorde , Tuileries Gardens, Champs Elysees and Saint Germain ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, T4B, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Bourgogne et Montana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourgogne Et Montana Paris
- Hotel Bourgogne Et Montana