“Very nice calm stay” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 rue de Boulainvilliers, 75016 Paris, France (Passy)   |
Ranked #635 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
“Very nice calm stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel after looking at the slh site. It's a small hotel, very modernly decorated inside and with spacious rooms, especially for Paris standards.
We booked two rooms, since we are a family with two kids and they had no interconnecting rooms. Both rooms were supposedly deluxe but one looked a bit like the classic one. It was smaller and with a different decor, but we were assured they were both the same category. The rooms had a stereo system, CDs for our use, books to read and were very well thought of. The bathrooms were spacious and all the toiletries had a great design.
We had breakfast the hotel. Every morning it was croissants, bread, jam and butter, all very tasty. The waiter every day seemed very bored for what he did. I can only imagine that this was not his normal everyday job, since the restaurant was closed for the holidays and we were informed when booking that only breakfast would be available.
The location is a bit weird, I mean it is close to the Eiffel Tower but not really close to metro stations.
Everybody, except from the breakfast waiter, was extremely polite and eager to help. Believe me, this is very hard to find in France!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hotelsquare, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Square, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Madam, Sir,

I am glad your family enjoyed their stay at Hotel Square. Thank you very much for sharing your experience it will be very helpful to improve our services and the training of our staff.

We hope to welcome your family again very soon at Hotel Square.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We are a family of 4 and we stayed in 2 rooms. The hotel does not offer interconnecting rooms, but the two rooms were right next door and they gave us 2 keys for each room, so we all had a key to both rooms. The rooms are very nice, modern and spacious. The bathroom is very elegant, and the toilet is separated from the bathroom. There is a fitness center with a pool 300m from the hotel that you can use if you want to. The breakfast is very nice, croissants, tea/coffee/hot chocolate, etc. The staff were very helpful and there is a private parking available for 25 euros a day. We'll definitely be returning.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have more modern colors. 208 is a good choice. I also suggest the left side so that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hotelsquare, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Square, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Madam, Sir,

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is very important to us to have discover the experience of Hotel Square through our guest's eyes.

Woking, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed 15-17th July in a deluxe room. The staff were very polite and could not have been more helpful. The room was sufficiently large enough to accommodate two adults and a child (a full size single bed was provided for our son in addition to our super-king size bed), it was clean and the decor modern.

The location is very close to Kennedy RER, and under 10 minutes walk to Passy Metro, and less than a mile to the Eiffel Tower. There is a 7-11 store next door which allowed us to stock up on snacks and lunch, and several nice restaurants very close by.

We ate in the hotel restaurant one evening and the food was excellent and of a similar cost to the other local eateries.

Overall we were very pleased with this hotel and would definitely use the Square again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Madam, Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review it's a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We can't wait to welcome your family again at Hotel Square.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was like a breath of fresh air, with staff that offer excellent customer service. We arrived early and our 2 rooms were ready. Rooms are clean and modern. The hotel got a secured parking. The spa was wonderful and much needed after a shopping weekend. Food at dinner and breakfast very tasty and the service extremely efficient.

• Stayed June 2013
Madam, Sir,

Hotel Square is in fact ideal to enjoy an after-shopping break. With the Zebra Square restaurant and our Nuxe Spa, you have all you need at all times.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is by far my favourite hotel in the area. Great service, spacious and clean rooms, plenty of hot water with sufficient pressure and very comfortable beds.

The location is also pretty great to go out for a morning/evening run along the Seine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Madam, Sir,

We hope to welcome you again very soon at the hotel and to have the opportunity to give you the best advice on how to enjoy a business trip with our tips and services.

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

WOW. That was my first reaction as my wife and I checked into this amazing hotel for our first anniversary getaway. Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by a lovely girl on reception that who spoke perfect English and went out of her way to be helpful.

The hotel room was an ample size, with a king sized bed and an amazing marble bathroom with a walk in jet shower. The bed was extremely comfy, one of the best I have ever slept in. Some reviews on here (from a while ago) mention a noisy nightclub but this has been closed down so no need to worry. The room was well equipped with a bang and olufsen stereo and well stocked mini bar. The only small downside of the room was it was a little dark. This was more of a problem for my wife who had to open all of the curtains and move the mirror to the window sill in order to do her makeup. The hallways of the hotel were funky and gave the hotel an individual feeling, a far cry from your standard Hilton with cream hallways!

Set around 200 yards back from the Seine and a leisurely 15 minute stroll from the Eiffel tower the location of the hotel is perfect. At night I would recommend popping down to the bridge adjacent to the hotel to take in the breathtaking views of the Eiffel tower lit up above the Seine.
We ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was delicious. There was an English menu which made it a lot easier. The waitress also spoke quite good English and was very helpful. The restaurant possibly could’ve done with being a touch busier to create a bit more atmosphere.

I would not hesitate on recommending the hotel square to anyone, a great place to stay in Paris.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again very soon.

We wish you a very nice day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Finally something different in Paris!
It wasn't my first time travelling to this city and after some unfortunate stays in horribly small rooms of boutique hotels I just wanted something different this time.
Despite the whole look of the hotel website was at least outrageous... I was a bit fed up with hotels who seem to be 2 stars and by putting red velvet everywhere, plaster garlands and fake Louis XIV Golden ornaments ... call themselves luxury hotels.
An American friend of mine who is quite picky and a big lover of Paris, told me about this hotel. I was quite surprised when I found out that it was a member of Small Luxury Hotels and that I never heard about it...
So after a rainy way from the airport to the hotel with the train, I got to the train station just two minutes away from the hotel, right beside the Eiffel Tower and close to the original Statue of Liberty.
On arrival, the hotel in general looked very nice. In fact, it was a “wow” feeling after what one was expecting when checking the hotel website and the images in internet. To me it was an intentioned cocktail of Gustav Klimt, Andy Warhol and the millionaire pentohouses of the 80's. A funny and unusual revisit of an iconic golden era of the global luxury.
The reception is small but it transmits that lovely kind of a “home-like” feeling that I found quite welcoming after my rainy way.
The staff were very attentive and they had everything arranged for a quick check-in. They took my luggage to the room while I went to their Zebra Bar through the thick and bright carpet. In fact, the carpet on every floor and in every corridor was thick and impeccable.
On the table where I sat there was food, like canapés...which happened to be for any bar guest who wanted to have a bite with their drink.
After my drink a bellboy took my to my room and explained me all the unexpected electronic devices of the room.
I loved entering in to the room and the warm yellow lights while the jazz music was playing. It was as if they were waiting for me... like a romantic date!
; )

The room was quite big for being Paris, as my American friend told me. And it was furnished with dark and heavy chests of drawers full of CD's to play on the media system, as well as nice lamps and fresh orchids.

The bed was very comfortable and the bed sheets (good cotton and looking brand new) were tense and very well dragged, without wrinkles not even folds! The mattress was firm and new.

The closet was big and had loooooooots of hangers (which nowadays is a very unusual thing even in luxury hotels) and that I loved. Perhaps it was a bit too dark and a bit more of light would have been nice.
I liked finding the sleepers, despite I never use them.
The bathroom all in white marble was so impressive that I first thought that it wasn't real marble but a sort of fake stone material... I was wrong though!
I literally LOVED THE AMENITIES, since when I travel I never take my shampoo or body milk with me, and even 5 stars hotels don't always have nice stuff. Their "retro - art deco" amenities were just delicious... especially the body milk!!!
And the bath tube was abnormally large, so I could literally had a full body bath despite being a tall man.
The quality of the towels was excellent and there were plenty of them.
After my bath, I ordered a room service because I had to work with my laptop at the Little desk of the room, and not only the WIFI worked (don't ask me why but there are always problems with wifi wherever I stay...!!!) but the room service was super fast. I highly recommend you the club sandwich with advocado.
Before going to sleep I sinned a bit with a few things of their quite fun and interesting minibar proposals.
The morning after, at breakfast, I had the french breakfast, and the only thing to say is that I had to ask for an expresso because they were serving the other type of watery coffee that I find too soft. Maybe the toasts were a bit burnt but the waiter was very friendly and he brought me new ones inmediately.
The two days more that I spent in Paris not only working but also visiting friends were great despite the weather.
One night we had dinner there, and another we just had some drinks at their bar.
I can only say that even my Parisian friends were surprised with the place and the ambiance. They heard years ago about the restaurant for being a hot spot in Paris for celebrities, but never went till I dragged them there.
The restaurant was maybe a bit too dark for me, and some more light tan a candle would have been helpful. Anyway, the food was nice, the crockery quite interesting (matching the glamorous 80's look of the hotel) and the service incredibly friendly and attentive assisting me with menú translations.
I will definately come back, despite I'm afraid that as soon as people (specially from the fashion industry and art) will know about this place their room rates may increase.
: (
Just a very comfortable home in Paris, with lots of space and built only with the best.

I just hope that next time they won't burn my toasts!

Room Tip: Despite all the romos have a little desk or work space, on the first floor there is a lovely lounge...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Square? Share your experiences!