“excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lorette Opera - Astotel

You added Hotel Lorette Opera - Astotel to your Saves list
Hotel Lorette Opera - Astotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36 Rue Notre Dame De Lorette | 9th Arr., 75009 Paris, France   |
Ranked #286 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Los Angeles, California
“excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I loved our stay at the hotel, the breakfast was delicious and the staff was super friendly and helpful. we asked for information on what to do on Sundays (since all the shops were closed) and the receptionist was able to give us directions to dozens of activities all around Paris. the hotel was very clean and the room was absolutely gorgeus. we even had a view on the tour eiffel!!
The hotel is very nicely decorated and the location is great, right off the metro station and 5 minutes from sacre coeur, walking distance. we really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely come back to this hotel for our next trip to Paris. Thank you all!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Having stayed in many Parisian hotels, I know how difficult it is to find something nice but not super expensive. I stayed in September, and found the room to be clean, the staff friendly and the decor up to date. The best thing about this hotel for me was its location, literally across the road from Saint-Georges metro.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
PARIS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Small, but clean room, with comfortable bed. Good breakfast, elevator, metro very close, nice staff. I was happy with them. There are restaurants, stores around the hotel. Sacre Coeur and The Moulin Rouge are within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Just back from a 5 night stay and I would highly recommend this hotel. The location is excellent. Very friendly helpful staff and I was delighted to find when I returned to my room on my birthday, a compimentery bottle of champagne and chocolates. It is these little surprise touches that make this hotel worth visiting
The only negative thing to watch for, is when we got a taxi from gare de nord to hotel it cost us 7 euro. on checking out the receptionist called a taxi for us and the same journey cost 14 euro!!!! although not the hotels fault, maybe they shoud change to a different taxi firm.

Room Tip: higher rooms are better as i believe you may hear the metro on the lower ones
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Five-day autumn break. Comfortable room (though bed rather soft), friendly, helpful staff, convenient location very near Metro station, good food, good price.
Free Wifi. Free soft drinks/snacks in afternoon - pleasant and welcome.
Lovely old building with restaurant in vaulted basement.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up might be the quietest
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Hotel Lorette Opera to friends and family visiting Paris. I found the hotel in Expedia as it was within my price range. I used Trip Advisor to validate my choice.
The location is a cute neighborhood North of the Opera/Grands Magasains area, and just Sputh of Pigalle/Montmartre, a few steps from Metro St Georges. The area is cute, safe, chic and full of that Parisian character that I love.
The staff were a pleasant surprise being friendly, courteous and professional. I lived in Paris for many years and it is rare to get this level of service. On top of that, they were smiling! This alone is worth a stay.
The room was very clean and in good condition. The bathroom is aged but clean. And the windows kept out any street noise.
The hotel's general decor was very tasteful. Like the our room, the common areas look exactly like the pictures online. What you see in the pics online is what you get.
One con for me was that the wifi although free was (1) not available in our room due to an extremely weak signal, and (2) required a new login ID and password each time you disconnect from the network. Disconnection includes a dropped signal.The login IDs and passwords are predefined and provided at the Front Desk. This is a great area of opportunity for the Hotel. I like many travelers expect free and accessible (strong signal) wifi at all modern hotels.
That said, don't skip this hotel. Very good location, service and value for the money.

• Stayed October 2012
Puglia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have a week end with my wife for our wedding anniversary. I booked at the last minute from the hotel web site. We have not been in Paris before and I was worried since I had not the time to check on tripadisor for advices. Actually I realized the hotel was very good, clean, kind staff and a good position (few steps from St George Metro Station). Very confortable bed and pillows.
The breakfast was good (both continental and English). It was noisy on saturday night becouse of people having party in the street. We were at the 1st floor. I suggest to ask for room at higher floor. We had a nice walk to Sacre Coeure across very nice streets. I suggest a stay here: check for the offers on the hotel website.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Lorette Opera - Astotel? Share your experiences!