“Dirty, dusty, sticky” 2 of 5 stars
Review of London Hotel

You added London Hotel to your Saves list
London Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Boulevard des Italiens, 75009 Paris, France (Opera / Bourse)   |
Ranked #1,146 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
Cluj Napoca
“Dirty, dusty, sticky”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Excepting its location, which was close to the Music Academy, I didn't appreciate almost anything here
- Reception was at the 2nd floor, or premiere etage, so once arrived there, had to climb up about 30 stairs with luggage, children, baby strollers and other attachements.
- the elevator was the size of a tall, small box, I could barely fit in with my son, together weighting under 75 Kgs
- room was spacious, but dirty, with the carpet stained. Didn't mind the fact that it looked old, but it should've been clean.
-bathroom seemed renovated, but still the same problem with the cleaning
-didn't try the breakfast as I considered too expensive- we've had across the road at Starbucks croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice at a fraction of the cost.
Wouldn't recomend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed here only one night, my other hotel was booked for that day. The location is great, a 3 minute walk to the Opera, close to all the other attractions.
I have been to Paris many times, I have traveled through Eastern Europe when it was really "Eastern Europe", I have stayed in some fantastic hotels but I also really can appreciate a good value. I can understand the appeal of a hotel that is not expensive in the heart of Paris. I am also of the thinking that a hotel is only a place to sleep while seeing beautiful sights and experiencing a great city. I really did not like this place. First of all, it needs to be mentioned that as I stepped from the taxi with my luggage there was no one there to help. Normally that would be fine but there are, I counted, 30 STEPS TO GET TO THE RECEPTION. This is something that needs to be said for those who just cannot manage that! I am still young and capable of lugging my suitcases up 30 stairs but felt badly for someone who could not. The guys at the reception seemed less than thrilled with his job. I got to my room, or should I say broom closet, and was barely able to squeeze my suitcase into the room. Yes, I know about small European rooms, stayed in plenty of them, but this one was ridiculous. I had to put the small garbage can on top of the desk to make some room. The bathroom is also tiny. The room was clean, I have to say that. The pillow was very hard, heavy and uncomfortable. One more thing, the hotel is next door to a movie theater, as I was falling asleep I felt the base of explosions. It felt just like when you are stopped at a red light and behind you there is some dude with his car stereo on full blast and, although you cannot really hear the music, you can feel the base in your gut. It was not something that I could not fall asleep with but it is good to know what is next door to a place where you will be sleeping. The bottom line is this: a cheap place that is clean, tiny, ton of steps, but a great location.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Absolutely fantastic budget hotel. This hotel is very well situated in central Paris, close to 2 metro stations.

Although the room was small, they managed to cram in a 42" LCD TV in there! The bathroom was small also, and it only had a bathtub. A big surprise was that the tub had some jets built in, so you could get a little well-deserved end of day massage.

Breakfast didn't look too good, I'd advise to go to another place for that. There's a McDonald's right next door, or lots of other restaurants along the same street.

A minor problem I encountered: the wireless WiFi was not working at all times, even though the signal was available in the room. Also the personnel is not very quick to check you in and out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Lucerne, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The hotel was very nice. Friendly, helpful staff. The room was small but thats no surprise in the lower priced hotels in Paris.
The breakfast was simple but provided everything you need for day of walking in the most beautiful city in the world.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel with my family. Very nice little hotel, with the best rate in Paris! we had two rooms, differently decorated. in one room with the street view the bathroom was a bit broken, but second room with the view on backyard was much more comfortable and better quality! the location was right in the center, few meters from Opera, we felt like we had an apartment in Paris for few days! it was so easy returning to the hotel after long walks of site seeing any time of the day. the service was really nice, we were always assist. nice breakfast on a second floor with the view on a busy street.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We had a fantastic stay in Paris, and spent three days at the London Hotel. As we had tickets for the ballet Caligula at the Palais Garnier Opera we wanted a hotel nearby. We read several positive reviews at Tripadvisor of the London hotel, so we took the chance and ordered.

The location was perfect, 200 meters from the Opera, and walking distance to several main attractions in Paris like the Louvre, Place de la Concorde, Madeleine etc. And if not interested in walking, the Metro was just outside the hotel.

Service was very good, the man behind the desk was very serviceminded and helped us with everything we wanted. The room was quite small, but it was very clean and the bathroom was very nice. Breakfast was just ordinaire, some jam and eggs with orange juice, coffee and tea. But it was included in the price we payed, and an easy start to the day.

We slept well, some traffic outside, but if you had the window/veranda door closed it was silent. At the price we payed we got more than expected. We would stay at the London hotel again next time in Paris. And a fantastic city for a romantic stay and an engagement:-)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Solihul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

For a weekend break and great location, can't fault this hotel. Good value, small rooms but can't expect much else, room and bathroom clean, bathroom small but functional. Breakfast was croissants etc, standard fare. Shame everywhere else in Paris is so expensive, not great on a reasonable budget.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to London Hotel? Share your experiences!