“A nice hotel in a good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Etoile

You added Le Meridien Etoile to your Saves list
Le Meridien Etoile
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Boulevard Gouvion Saint-Cyr | Cedex 17, 75848 Paris, France   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #893 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
South Florida
“A nice hotel in a good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We had been concerned about this hotel since it wasn’t as close to the main tourism area as I had wanted, plus there had been mixed reviews about it online; but we booked it since we didn’t want to spend two nights in a different hotel before the land package that was included with our river cruise. Plus we found a great deal on-line where we only had to pay about $130 per night. The only issues we had with the room were that the bed was firmer than we are used to and it was challenging to step out of the bathtub/shower. My wife and I both have long legs, but the tub had very high sides and required one to hold onto something to prevent slipping while getting out. It was quite a step, and I don’t know how someone with short legs would be able to do it.
My concern over the location proved to be unfounded, because of the very close proximity to the Metro and RER stops. We were able to get down to the main tourist areas within 15 minutes and the trains arrive every 4-5 minutes. It was very convenient. I would probably still like to be closer to town if I came back for another visit, since we saw all the main attractions this time and would be more interested in just strolling around the neighborhoods next time.
We were quite pleased with the service we received from the hotel staff. They were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was also quite good. Since the breakfast wasn’t included in the first two days of our stay, we were quite pleased that there was a mall, Galeries Gourmandes, right across the street in Le Palais de Congres convention center, where we found a nice little coffee shop for breakfast. The mall also had a great little grocery store with lots of wonderful food and drink items. Many people took advantage of the low prices for water and sodas that they could bring back to their rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
thierryhenrot, Manager at Le Meridien Etoile, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear MVPinBoynton

I was delighted to discover that you did not regret your choice. I thank you for your nice comments about our location and the friendliness and the helfulness of our staff. I was happy to learn that due to the proximity of the transport facilities nearby the hotel, you had time to visit the most attractive sites of Paris. I have taken good notes of your observations regarding the shower and have passed them to my team. Thanking you for your support and hoping to welcome you back soon ,

Thierry Henrot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We just spend three nights in Paris, Oct 23 - 26th, 2011 at the Le Meridien Etoile and we were disappointed. It is certainly not up to 4 star standards except in the public areas. The rooms, though small, are nicely appointed. However, there is mold around the luxurious tub and peeling plaster and wallpaper. Internet was very expensive and services such as printing your boarding passes and checking in for your flights home were non-existent. The lounge and restaurant were very expensive, though very nice and clean. The location is outstanding, right across from a great mall with grocery store and shops and fast food restaurants (still expensive).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
thierryhenrot, General Manager at Le Meridien Etoile, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Jewelbabe

Thank you for your feedback about our cleanliness and our location. I have noted your observations regarding our services and have shared them with my team as they are helpful. my sincere apologies that we have failed to exceed your expectations. You should have asked asssistance to our Duty Manager available 24h a day.
Should your schedule bring you back ot Paris, feel free to contact me .

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

The room service was good.
Howver we face lanuage problem(the concierge)did not speak english.However he quickly called for a english speaking attendent.
Rooms were decent and clean. However we had requested for twin beds which we did nto get.Easy access to the airport with the shuttle service nearby and was convient and cheap too.

Room Tip: make sure you book in advance and make sure that you have the room that you need before you travel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Greenmama

Thank you for your comments shared with us. I was sorry to learn the different issues you had with our staff and our services and have already shared your observations with my team.
Should your plan bring you to Paris again, feel free to contact me and i will ensure that you have apleasant stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon

Best regards

Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Nice location, beautiful public spaces, very courteous and helpful staff. Stupid prices.

For the bargain basement super-duper special price of 204 euro per night this joint wants me to pay 25 euro for a hamburger, 18 euro per day for internet service (crappy service, by the way) and 1.50 euro to get coffee from a machine by the elevator instead of having a kettle in my room. And for all this I also get scarred and mangled furnishings in the room and rotting wood moldings in the bathroom.

Find a Hilton, or even an Ibis, to come a little closer to getting what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
thierryhenrot, Manager at Le Meridien Etoile, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Dear bkcarolina

Thank you for your feedback following your stay. I am disappointed to read that your expectations were not met and that there were certain parts of your stay that gave cause to less positive comments.Feel free to contact me directly so that I can find out what the room number was. Please accept my apologies for that experience.

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my husband for three days during our stay in Paris.
We chose it because of the great location and we felt very welcome on the arrival.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. You can use Internet for free if you are staying in the executive floor.

Breakfast is too expensive, 28€ and it is not worth it.
Service in the Jazz restaurant is too slow, we ordered a glass of wine together with the food and we got it when we finished our dishes after asking different waiters.

Do not use the phone from the room to call. We did it to call a local phone number and I got charge 15€ for 5min, next time I will use my international cellphone.

I do recommend to stay here although it is a business hotel.
After all I was happy with the stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Rubi16

Thank you for having shared your thoughts with us . I was disappointed to read that your expectations were not met and that there were certain parts of your stay that gave cause to less positive comments.you Be assured that these points been discussed with my team.
I was happy to read that our rooms were up to your liking and that finally you will return to stay with us again . Thank you for your support.
When you plan to return, please feel free to contact me , prior to arrival.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Service at Le Meridien was excellent, we found the concierge to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Very near to a metro stop and with some nice surrounding restaurants. Rooms were pretty standard size for Europe but very very clean and we found them to be quite nice. Its possible to take the Air France shuttle to the hotel as it stops literally across the street (and this option is very inexpensive) which was very convenient!

Great stay overall!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Dmarie71

Thanks for your support and your nice comments on our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had the time to share your satisfaction with us. i am happy to read that you found our Concierge Helpful and Knowledgeable, our rooms comfortable, and our location nice. Please let me know when you are returning !

Brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

While not exactly central, the hotel is an easy metro ride to the Louvre, for example. Since the weather was beautiful we walked back - about an hour. Rooms are very small, even by Paris standards; but my biggest gripe is the toilet. It's in a closet-sized room. After using it you have to go through two doors to wash your hands; not my idea of good hygiene. There were also signs of some mold around the tub. There was no clock in the room and the time on the TV was incorrect. They couldn't fix the clock on the TV so they finally replaced the entire set on the third day. We didn't get a wake-up call one day. The breakfast was sumptuous.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
thierryhenrot, Manager at Le Meridien Etoile, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear Canuckinbklyn

Thank you for having taken the time to share your thoughts with us. I was delighted to read that the location of our property and the quality of our breakfast were up to your liking. I have taken good notes of your comments regarding the issue your encountered in your room and have already passed them to my team for handling. I was disappointed to read your trouble with the toilets. We have a lot of variety of rooms and the duty Manager available 24h a day could have moye you to another room more suitable to yours needs. When you plan to return, please feel free to let me know when you have made your booking and I will ensure you will have a very comfortable stay.

Thierry Henrot

Been to Le Meridien Etoile? Share your experiences!