“Excellent guidance, very helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Odyssey by Elegancia

You added Hotel Odyssey by Elegancia to your Saves list
Hotel Odyssey by Elegancia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 rue Herold, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Ranked #142 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kuopio, Finland
“Excellent guidance, very helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The price is according to Parisian prices. The breakfast a bit too expensive in my opinion. But all in all a very del situated hotel, in walking distance from most important places and the staff was absolutely helpful, oriented, simply quality.

Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Burlingame
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Very friendly staff. My room was very quiet (it was facing inwards so no street/construction noise). Fantastic location just blocks from the Louvre. Room was small (it's Paris!) but very clean and modern. I especially liked the rainfall shower.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel O has a unique design, no doubt about it. Be ready for a small room, this is Paris, and in a prime location. During our stay the airconditioning was not working properly and there is reconstruction across the street so it was noisy during the day, they do work stop at 18:00. Breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: Select a back room (to the yard)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We spend there just one night but we are in Paris often. The rooms were very funny-design, quite big ( for Paris) . Stuff ok, breakfast was good ( even more for a french breakfast). I would come back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Booked this hotel based on location, price and TA reviews. It was a Eurostar deal and I really couldn't have chosen better.

The location in particular is perfect, especially if you are only stopping over at Paris for a night or two and wish to save as much time and effort as possible in terms of getting to and from the hotel. Hotel O is around five minutes from the metro, or if you feel like taking a stroll and enjoying the Parisian sights, many of the attractions are not very far at all. It also took less than twenty minutes to get to Gare du Nord for my train back to St Pancras.

Although my short stay meant I only met the one staff who helped me check in and out, I only have the best things to say about the staff at this hotel. The lady in question was extremely pleasant and helpful, and even though I had turned up more than three hours before check in time (all I hoped to do was leave my bag at the hotel then check in later), she went straight up to my room to see if it was ready (she said she would check if it was clean - it was beyond immaculate) and checked me in straight away. Then personally brought me a cold bottle of water as one hadn't been placed in the room.
I was given a wifi access code before I could ask, and was told that next time I could indicate my preferred room colour when booking.

I was given the dark pink cocoon room which was spotlessly clean, modern and comfortable. As with most Parisian hotels, the room was not big but due to the simple design it felt relatively spacious. The bathroom was magical in that there was not a single water mark or stain despite everything being white. The room has numerous lighting options and a flat screen TV and iPod dock, although I could not use the dock as it had a ten point pin. The bed was comfortable and large.

(For those who are travelling with friends or feel uncomfortable with a see-through shower room, the cocoon room I stayed in had a normal shower room/toilet separated from the room by a sliding door.)

I felt completely safe on my way back to the hotel just past midnight (by metro - les halles) - and slept extremely well. I was tired but I also think it was very quiet. The curtains successfully kept the light out in the morning.

Overall, Hotel O is a great place which I would recommend to all but especially to those planning a short stay in Paris. I will be returning for sure and hopefully for a longer stay next time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Fantastic people, great location. We stayed in the smallest cocoon room, and it was just fine, everything you need. The "rain" shower is particularly good, Bed was comfortable and they provided more types of pillows on request. The breakfast is well worth the 16 euros. We would definitely stay again.
Small warning on the taxi- staff kindly ordered a taxi for us. Taxi charged from moment he was waiting, it cost 15 euro before we got in! We suggest just ask staff to call you a taxi when you are ready to go.
Can't say enough good things about the staff - always friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at hotel O Paris twice in the last month. 6 nights total. The staff were very friendly and spoke English very well. They were helpful in advising best places to go and transport potions.
Nothing was too much bothere. Extremely willing to help and loved listening to our experiences on our return.
The room was not large but modern, clean and quiet.
Would recommend this place. Near the Louvre and great location to access sight seeing.

Room Tip: Stayed in 2 different rooms s Both good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Odyssey by Elegancia? Share your experiences!