“All perfect until hot water disappeared in the morning” 2 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14, rue de la Tremoille, 75008 Paris, France   |
Special Rate
€360 (EUR)
Ranked #413 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“All perfect until hot water disappeared in the morning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location, small cozy hotel, near Avenue Montaigne, big room, which is not common in Paris and superfriendly staff at check in. Great bar and lounge area, where one can sit alone and have a good pasta dish. All perfect until I came back from my morning run to discover that the hotel had problems with the hot water. This at 8am in the morning, I waited until I realized I could not miss my meeting, and was brave enough to shower and wash my hair with cold water. Of course concierge and reception were friendly and apologetic, but I paid my full bill with the assurance I would be contacted later by the manager, which did not happen. So still waiting and wondering if I should give it another chance

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LaTremoille, Responsable commercial at Hotel de la Tremoille, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Mrs H.,

We do wish to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had on tuesday morning.

A major water leak (for which the hotel was not responsible) has indeed occured during the early morning hours and this has led to an interruption of the hot water supply during a few hours.
Although we managed to solve the issue before noon, this obviously made no difference to you as you had to leave the hotel quite early.

I believe our general manager has been in contact with you on this matter and we would like to thank you for still highlighting - despite your difficult wake-up - some quite positive comments about the hotel (size of rooms, friendly staff, great lounge area...).

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future, which would give us the opportunity to leave you with a much better impression.

Sincerely

Revenue & Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Extremely friendly staff at front desk, front door, breakfast etc. bijou old style rooms, cosy if not large. Quiet if back facing. Good central location. Only tepid water in the morning. Resulting cold shower was a brutal wake up.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your comments.

A few guests including yourself indeed had a "difficult time" during a few hours earlier this week, further to an interruption of the hot water supply : this was due to an obviously unexpected but major water leak in the early morning hours.
Although the hotel was not responsible for this technical failure and despite this matter being solved before noon, we can only apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.

On a separate matter, we wish to thank you for still mentionning that you liked the hotel, the location, the rooms and even more important to us, the staff.

We hope you will not hold this against us and that you will again consider La Tremoille for a future stay in Paris.

With our very best regards.

Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Granted, this hotel is not in the same league as the palaces of Paris (George V, Plaza-Athénée, Bristol, Ritz and Meurice) but the bill is also much lighter. A suite there costs less than a room at the Bristol. We stayed in room 107, which I believe is in the luxury range. It is quite spacious and the beds are comfy. The two large windows overlook rue de la Tremoille which is not so busy and you can leave them open at night if you want. There is decent free wifi and a special touch is the 'sas', a sort of cupboard next to the door where room service can leave your meals if you so desire. This is perfect in the morning so that you do not have to be properly dressed when your breakfast arrives. Overall I liked the central but quiet location, the compact lobby the polite staff. The room could benefit from some paint touchup but it is otherwise well equipped.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you can: they sound much more reasonable than in the palaces!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I am normally those type of reviewer that gives the negative feedback when required but in this case I have nothing but praise for this Hotel.

I wanted to go back to Paris where I proposed to my wife over ten years ago and make the moment special since the engagement had some many hiccups.

Our travel planner chose this hotel based on my location close to the Eiffel Tower and the shopping district. The planner liaised with the hotel concierge Mr. Patrick Le Clere who without doubt made our stay an unbelievable experience. From the restaurant suggestions to bookings and tips along the way. I cannot forget The other concierge Martial Davo who took care of us on the days Mr Le Clere was not on duty.

The hotel was magnifique, location outstanding and service that dispelled all those talks of Parisian attitude, simply wonderful place to stay.

The rooms were spacious compared to other hotels i have stayed but for us the hotels charm and character was brought to life by the Concierge.

Mr Le Clere, if your manager shows you this please accept once more our appreciation of the time and effort you spent to make our trip memorable.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a back street so there are no real noise issues here, however our room was a split l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Found this jewel on the internet. It is intimate and lovely. Our room was a good size, bath very modern. Our room had a double window/ with balcony overlooking a very quiet street. The bed was very comfortable, upholstered headboard, velvet drapes, large closet, seating area next to French windows. The fun item is the "silent butler" in each room. Room service places your order in a secure closet accessible only to you and the server. He or she then knocks on your door to inform you that your order has arrived. So, there is no need to scurry to find a robe to put on.
The concierge staff is fabulous. They could not have been more helpful.
We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Request street view on a higher floor. The interior view may be less expensive but did not check.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Roughly 3+ months ago I did a father/daughter trip with my oldest daughter celebrating her graduating from College. We visited 4 countries in roughly 7 days and Paris got the short end of all our stays, we were only there for two days but stayed at the Tremoille one night. After an absence from Paris for several years I was searching for a central location for our brief visit. I came a accross the Tremoille through searching the internet, friends and of course TripAdvisor. The overwhelming reason I chose this hotel was its location and it did not dissappoint. I had contacted the concierge and front desk prior to arriving to make sure we had the right accomodations so the two of us felt comfortable getting a good night sleep. During our stay the the staff were so helpful and kind it actually change my thoughts about Paris in general. We were escorted to our room, it was spotless and large. We were on an upper floor with a great view. When we returned from our afternoon of exploring, we were greeted by a bottle of champaigne in celebration of my daughters graduation. Completely unexpected but so refreshing to see that some hotels still like to pay attention to details. Later we asked the concierge about a nearby restaurant that had been recommended to us. He looked at me with a smile and immediately warned me of some recent issues. He then immediately recommended three other nearby spots and what there specialties were. We settled on a very small bistro style restaruant that was really outstanding. He took care of the reservation and immediatley called for a taxi which arrived within minutes. If you have ever tried to get a taxi in Paris you wil know it can be an issue. If I were to return to Paris, the Tremoille will be an easy choice to come back to. Thanks to the staff and management for making this one night stand a very memorable one.

Room Tip: Upper level room, use the concierge they are fantastic and full of great ideas and very helpful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LaTremoille, Responsable commercial at Hotel de la Tremoille, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Michael,

A quick word to thank you very much for your very kind comments which are truly the best possible encouragement for all the team here at the hotel.
We are of course delighted to hear that you enjoyed this short visit and we thank you again taking the time to share your views with Tripadvisor users.
Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a not too distant future.
Best regards from Paris !

West Islip, New York, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

wonderful service older lovely room I had one with a balcony with doors that opened out to the area lovely resturants very close also close to the Champs-Elysees the concierge was very helpful with cabs and trips bathroom was well appointed but bath tub was very high and the shower was difficult to adjust breakfeast and coffee very expensive

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel de la Tremoille? Share your experiences!