We chose this hotel to stay for a week in Paris, seeing as it was central and the price was reasonable though on the upper end (relatively speaking, in Paris prices). Seeing the full prices, however, we can only recommend to not book this hotel unless it is at a 20-30% discount rate at least - it is simply not worth the full price (of 220 EUR per night).
The room was small-ish, and the bathroom was not too clean (some mould in the corners). Due to lack of space, there was no small table besides the tiny and low bedside tables, so self-made breakfast in the room was a bit of a struggle. There was also no mini fridge in the room, which is surprising for a hotel of this class (also since the space was there in the cupboard). The TV has quite a few French channels (obviously), a few English news channels, and a good percentage of the German TV channels. The beds are a bit on the hard side; the area, being behind a church, is really quiet at night.
The service is generally friendly and forthcoming, but the room service is lacking: the room comes with two bottles of water, which are not refilled (even though those bottles are 0.30 EUR each in a supermarket!). The toiletries are also not refilled regularly, like in most other hotels I have been to.
Overall, we will keep this hotel in good memory and would not mind too much coming back; however, due to the price of the hotel compared to the shortcomings in the room service, I can only rate it a 3/5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful hotel of the 18th century situated in a beautiful environment; the St Germain with its terraces, its art galleries but also fashion boutiques (Dior, Yves St Laurent, Vuitton, Armani ...) all easily accessible on foot from the hotel. Le Relais Saint Sulpice, whose facade is listed as an historic monument, has a magnificent view of the back of the remarkable church of Saint Sulpice: Baroque architecture, paintings by Delacroix on the inside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Hotel Relais Saint Sulpice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Saint Sulpice Hotel
- Relais Saint Sulpice Paris