“Sexy hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Saxe Eiffel

You added Hotel Villa Saxe Eiffel to your Saves list
Hotel Villa Saxe Eiffel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Villa de Saxe, 75007 Paris, France (Formerly Tryp Paris de Saxe Hotel)   |
Ranked #116 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Dallas, Texas
“Sexy hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Nice boutique hotel within walking distance of the Eiffel tower. The rooms were updated and modern with comfortable beds. We had an issue with our taxi driver. The front desk staff and management helped us out of a scary situation (first class all the way). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
tel aviv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in the hotel for 7 nights. It was chosen for us in a hotwire.com deal, the location is so so. It's a quite neighborhood but for a tourist it would be nicer to have more stores cafes and restaurants nearby.

The hotel itself looks very nice.
We got the classic room that was ok for two guests. It was very clean and well equipped.

Our biggest disappointment was from one of the staff women, the hotel offers complimentary coffee in the room, one afternoon when coming back from the city, I asked for extra regular coffee because we had only decaf in the room, the reply I've got was rude and unfriendly and made me feel like I've asked for something totally not normal as a guest in a four star hotel. At the same evening I bought a jar of coffee in a supermarket so I wouldn't have to ask for such a big favour again. I think you should write in big letters that you offer only two items of coffee per day, one regular and one decaf so your guests wouldn't feel embarrassed and humiliate themselves asking for extra coffee in the afternoon.

BTW that lady has totally ignored us from that day till we checked out, the rest of the staff was lovely and friendly.

Let me say it again, it's a big big shame for a 4 stars hotel to act in such a way, especially dealing with such small and simple issue as coffee!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is without doubt one of Paris' gems. For people attending meetings at UNESCO, this is the perfect place to stay - it is just a few minutes walk away. The property is located in a quiet cul-de-sac, and is immaculately maintained. The rooms are of a comfortable size compared to the norm for hotels in Paris. The bed was very comfortable and I was impressed with the size (large) and quality of the towels in the bathrooms. The staff provided excellent service, they were so helpful, polite and professional. I don't remember all of their names, but Iouana (I hope that I spelt that correctly!) was outstanding. So was the young lady who tried to adjust the temperature of my mini-bar. The management should be congratulated on the excellent staff they hired. There are a few snags that need to be addressed - first and foremost, the showers were unfortunately designed. Taking a shower was a major undertaking and invariably resulted in a deluge of water on the floor of the bathroom. One needs to be able to attach the hand-held hose to a point on the wall, to facilitate showering. But I am sure that this is something that the management can deal with without too much trouble. Also, having the toilet located on the on the opposite side of the room from the bathroom is a tradition which might be typically French, but is challenging for people from the other side of the pond, as I am! It takes a bit of getting used to for sure. Having said that, however, the Hotel Villa Saxe is still a wonderful little hotel, and I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancée for 3 nights. Had a great trip to Paris which was made excellent by this wonderful hotel and it's staff. From the moment we arrived (5 hours before check-in due to our flight times) we were welcomed and the lady on reception even apologised that they didn't have a room ready at that point but she would make it a priority with housekeeping and a room would be ready by 12.30 which, as with everything with this hotel, it was. You never have to ask for anything twice, they do everything possible to make your stay perfect. Loved the location, staff, decor, breakfast, and especially the bed!! Never slept so well. Not only will I be back to this hotel but will recommend it to anyone I know planning to visit Paris. Only thing stopping this hotel from having an official 5 star rating must be the fact it doesn't have a restaurant because in every other respect this is a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2014
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I spent a couple of wonderful nights at this small and charming beautiful boutique hotel. The hotel is situated in a very quit and nice area of Paris. I’ve loved the service, the hotel staff was very helpful, the nice tall lady suggested me some gastronomique restaurant in the neighborhood. I really enjoyed my stay at Villa Saxe Eiffel and I highly recommend it for a cozy and quit stay in Paris.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is very classy, the rooms are small but well designed and appear to be newly decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable, pillows nice and soft and, unlike a lot of hotels I stay in, they give you more than you can use. The hotel staff spoke very good English and were very polite and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, about 20 minutes at a reasonable pace (although don't expect the same politeness from the staff there, dreadful experience!). There are plenty of small restaurants and cafés in the local area if you are happy to walk around a little to look for them. The metro is also within walking distance which is useful considering that taxis in Paris are expensive. Just be aware, the hotel is tucked down a small side street and, whilst well signposted, can be easily missed - even by taxis drivers! This being said, the benefit is that it is nice and quiet. Overall a very pleasant experience and I would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Hope Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent four nights here in November and were very pleased with the decor, cleanliness, size of room and service that we experienced. Also loved being able to escape the hustle and bustle of Paris to the quiet streets of our hotel neighborhood. There is a great bakery and butcher just around the corner and a very nice outdoor market some days out front.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Villa Saxe Eiffel? Share your experiences!