“For Paris - Useful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Atala Champs Elysees

You added Hotel Atala Champs Elysees to your Saves list
Hotel Atala Champs Elysees
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   10, rue Chateaubriand | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #511 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Eilat, Israel
“For Paris - Useful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Staye here very often.
Paris is pricey. Hotels are ridiculously expensive. This hotel is perfectly located behind Champs D' Elyssee near the Arc de Triumph.
Staff is extremely helpful and breakfast is totally adequate. Although some prefer to go to a local boulangerie for the atmosphere.
Rooms tend to be very small Be prepared.
They just renovated and have added a fitness room.

Room Tip: rooms are very different so ask them about the kind of room you order.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hotelatala, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Ben H,

Thank you very much, we are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and its location and thank you for your nice comment about the staff.

Concerning the size of the rooms, please note that the small rooms are single rooms accomodating only one person. All the double rooms are very spacious and confortable.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

All the best for 2014!

Jessica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here two nights in a single room. Everything was great. The room was nicely done for Paris, the price was reasonable and I had the gym (small but quite sufficient) all to myself.

For me this location was poerfect. It's close to the Metro and perfect for the work I came to Paris to do.

I also love that someone from the hotel takes enough interest in comments on Trip Advisor to comment on/answer som many of the reviews. It shows a level of interest and commitment that is uncommon and I think that is also reflected in the hotel.

One of the criticisms others make is that the breakfast is expensive. It is 22 Euro so you can get breakfast cheaper if you go out but the food is certainly decent and plentiful and if you really ar ebothered by the price, you may wish to reconsider Paris, not to mention most of Europe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hotelatala, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Joe G,

Well thank you so much for your comment!

We are really pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the gym.
You are totally right, we take interest in our guests comments because this is the only way to improve.
Thank you for taking our side on the breakfast price, this is very nice of you, and I agree with what you wrote.

I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

double-room was practically an apartment, breakfast reasonable, staff great help - very willing with every request, location unbeatable, right near main metro line.
definitely a great deal, will return asap!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Yehuda,

Thank you so much for this nice comment!
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Nizhni Novgorod, Nizhegorodskaya obl., Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Overall Atala Hotel is very good. Perfect location: it's 3 min walk to Champs-Elysees but still situated on the quiet street, so there is no noise. Our room was rather large and perfectly furnished: stylish, functional and tastefully. The breakfast was fabulous, though it's rather expensive but it is worth money: 4-5 kinds of cheese, salmon, cherry tomatoes and cornichons, 3-4 kinds of sausage, fresh juices, fruit salads etc. Service was also good. One thing which prevents me to evaluate this hotel is excellent is trouble which happened on our first day. Water drain in the bathroom malfunctioned, water is quickly accumulated in the bath which didn't make possible to take a shower. We complained in the evening but there was no technician and malfunction was repaired only next day. I would suggest Atala to prepare rooms more carefully, so to identify such issues before complains from customers. All other things are good. Probably I will stay here again next time in Paris.

Room Tip: Check all facilities immediately when you get the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hotelatala, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Leykin,

Thank you very much for your comment.
We are really pleased that you enjoyed the location, the room, the breakfast and the service.

Concerning the shower not working well, I present you my apologize. You are totally right, we should have noticed and repaired that before your arrival.

I remain at your disposal, do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to welcome you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booking in this hotel after carefully reviewing the comments here on trip advisor, made a reservation for 4 nights for a room Aug 2013, I arrived late at the hotel at 23:00 for a 8hrs long flight from dubai on the 22nd Aug as per the booking. on arrival I was greeted by a very rude member of staff at the reception. He confirmed my booking and took my credit card and charged it for 145 Euros (as per my booking details and confirmation).

After he charged my card, he says that the booking is incorrect and wants me to pay 40 Euros extra to hand over the room keys - he mentions that the booking is for a single person and as I was with my wife. I showed my booking confirmation copy and argued about my booking, I was told in a very rude manner either to pay and take the room or to leave the hotel.

Being very tired after the long flight and having stood in the reception of the hotel for nearly 30 mins, I paid the 40 Euro EXTRA and took the rooms keys. On going to the room I find out that room allotted to me was a single room and not a double room (I paid 40 Extra Euros in the middle of the night for a confirmed booking) and yet was given only a single room - moreover the room was really dirty and the beds seems to have been used. Called the reception again enquired about this, requested for a different room a couple of time (and for a double room), and having been denied - we were asked to leave the hotel at mid night after a really long flight. without any alternative rooms or arrangements I was left in the road with my really tired wife.

Room Tip: Choose better places - lots of hotels offer better prices and better services than this hotel - I ma...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelatala, Responsable Hébergement at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Sir,

You made a reservation for a single room for one person.
In the hotel, we do have single rooms and double rooms. In a single room, we can only accomode one persone.
You arrived by yourself and did not say that your wife was with you.
The night receptionnist made you pay one night upon arrival because your credit card was refused for a pre-authorisation, this is the procedure.
Then your wife arrived. The night receptionnist told you that you cannot be 2 persons in a single room. This is the security law.
That is why he told you that you have to change room and pay an additionnal cost for the second person.
Then the room he gave you was far from a single room as the last room available we had was a Superior Family room very spacious. You called the receptionnist because there was 2 twin beds (and a sofa bed) instead of one big double bed. But this was our last double room available.
The night receptionnist called me at 11pm to try to find a solution.
He then called you back telling you that we could make one double bed but only in the next morning and if this was not enough, we could change the room.
You decided to leave the hotel.
We should have charged you 2 nights as our cancellation policy is 48 hours.
However we have refunded you for everything.
Is this a nightmare?

Regards

Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during a recent business trip. The property and rooms are quite small but the place is very fun. The place is very typically European. The service was outstanding as was the breakfast and laundry.

The workout "room" is really just a workout "corner" but the equipment is decent.

The location is perfect - just a block off of the Champs Elysees in the heart of Paris. If you ask for a room on the top floor, there is a beautiful view of the city from your outdoor balcony.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your nice comment.
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Providence, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I just returned from a week-long business trip in Paris. As I have mentioned in a previous review of another hotel, my company is cheap and so my hotel budget is pretty small. With advance payment, Atala C.E was able to accommodate.

Basically, anyone who has ever done business travel in Paris should really not complain about this place. I have stayed in a lot of places, and most range from terrible to disappointing.

My experience at Atala was exceptionally good. I showed up early on a Sunday morning. Even though check-in was not until later in the afternoon and my room was busy, the lady at reception was able to move me to another room so I could check in, shower and put my stuff away. I do speak French, but I heard her interact with other customers. Her English close to bilingual. She was equally professional and accommodating to them as she was to me.

This stay at Atala was great, because it beat all the low expectations I had, based on prior experiences.

I expected a room the size of a broom closet. By Paris standards, especially given the location (Champs Elysees), the cheapest (read: smallest) room they had was enormous. I’d say it’s about 25 sq. meter, or 250 sq. feet. And I had a queen size bed (praise the lord…).

I expected no or faulty air conditioning. This was the middle of a heat wave early August 2013 but the air conditioning unit above the front door delivered more cool air than I needed, to the point where I had to turn it off at night (it got chilly!).

Because this is right on Champs Elysees, I expected noise. Turns out my room was on the back yard and I heard – quite literally – nothing at all, day and night.

Expected a painful lack of amenities: Safe worked great. I asked for an iron and board, got both for free. Wifi worked perfectly and (a real shock!) was free. Room was spotless and cleaned daily. Got refill of bath products daily, and towels were changed roughly every 2-3 days even though I never asked for the change (you can get clean ones every day if you ask).

Overall, Atala overshot on all my expectations by miles and miles. The things I did expect to be nice were there. From the hotel, a 2 minute walk will get you to metro station George V. 10 minutes to one of Paris’s transportation hubs Etoile or more lines at FDR station. There’s obviously a million bars and restaurants around there but my advice would be stay away from Champs Elysees (tourist trap central) and explore the parts to the East (Friedland, Berri…).

Apparently, the hotel has a good restaurant and a free gym. I did not use them.

Finally, I’ve kept the best for last: One BIG, BIG plus is the public C’NET Laundromat about a quarter mile from the hotel. Address is 48 rue de Berri. If you like to travel light, and you’re staying at Atala, you can use this place to get laundry done. It opens at 7 am and a 5 kilo wash / dry with powder will cost you about 8 euros. Bring coins.

Great little hotel. I was very pleased to have stayed there.

Room Tip: If you're travelling alone, the smallest room should do just fine. For a couple, this could be a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Good morning,

Thank you so much! It is really nice of you to have taken the time to write such a nice comment!
The Atala Team is working for the guests to be satisfied, to feel confortable and to leave with a nice memory of the hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Jessica

Been to Hotel Atala Champs Elysees? Share your experiences!