“Wonderful Hotel and Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le 123 Elysees - Astotel

You added Hotel Le 123 Elysees - Astotel to your Saves list
Hotel Le 123 Elysees - Astotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 rue du Faubourg St Honore | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #44 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful Hotel and Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed 8 nights at the hotel on April 15-22 and it was delightful. The Staff both at the front desk and in the diningroom were exceptional. Our room was lovely. The beds are very comfortable. We stayed in room 303 facing the street with a little balcony. It was quiet even with traffic outside.

The showers are wonderful and the hotel provides robes and slippers. Even the toiletries were lovely.

The Metro is right around the corner. The neighborhood is safe with plenty of bistros and restaurants within walking distance.

It was my birthday while we were staying at the hotel and the hotel had a tray with macaroons and champagne in the room when we came back in the evening. Such a fun surprise. The staff each wished me a happy birthday.

We will definitely keep Hotel 123 Elysees on our list for our next trip to Paris.

Room Tip: The lift only goes up to the 4th floor so if you have a lot of luggage like we did, you would want t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Spend 3 nights there this past week, excellent location, quiet nights despite being at the front of the building and on a busy four lane junction. Couldn't be closer to the Metro. Plenty of local restaurants.

Breakfast - the scrambled egg is to be commended. Although no hospitality tray in the rooms, (which were well appointed) there was complimentary tea/coffee and buns available all afternoon

The staff were excellent and always pleased. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel and would be pleased to go there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good location a few yards from Metro with a very welcoming and pleasant atmosphere. Staff were helpful and friendly, the waitresses at breakfast time in particular were exceptional. An unexpected extra was the open bar for fruit juice, coffee, tea and cakes available all afternoon and early evening. Great value for money.!

Room Tip: Some street noise if a street view room and lift stops at 4th floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have only stayed at this hotel once, after being stuck in Paris due to snow.
I was apparently upgraded from a standard room, and the room I had was huge, eclectically decorated, with wooden floors, a big bed, day bed and an awesome view overlooking the nearby church.
The hotel doesn't offer much in terms of additional facilities, eg they don't have a real bar you can go and have a drink at, and there is no gym.
They have decent WiFi though.

The location of the hotel is great, right next to a metro station and across from an ever important Starbucks. There are a few restaurants and bars nearby and you're a short walk from the bustle of the Champs Elysees.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and booked my taxi for me to arrive at 5:30am to take me to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the nearby church, it's a great view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Le 123 Elysees mi April 2013. Excellent Location, friendly staff and ready to help, Open bar (soft drinks). Great Value for money

--- Lift stops at 4th floor... need to take the stairs with your luggage

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and clean hotel with added luxury. Rooms were spacious with lovely french windows opening out over busy streets below.
Breakfast was a real chilled out affair and I could have stayed there all morning drinking coffee; free cakes and tea in the afternoon was a nice touch.
Perfect location for exploring Paris. Was more pricey than we would normally pay but it definitely matched the money in quality.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

In this review, i would like to mention the following but with more emphasis on the Hotel.

a. Vueling Airline
b. Iberia Shuttle
c. Hotel Le 123 Elysees
d. Tourism Information (TI) Paris

I chose Paris for our side trip from a 7 day Mediterrenean cruise. We flew in via from Barcelona to Paris Orly (better airport than CDG because of its proximity to central Paris) via Vueling Airline and the Airline was a good choice too. The airline was on time and their pilot and stewards were all professional.

Then there is an Iberia shuttle service (17euro/pax) directly to the hotel. We were 6 passengers at the shuttle. The van is quite comfortable. The Iberia shuttle driver helped in carrying our luggages and i noticed that he is very helpful to the passengers. He helped carry the luggages of an elderly couple to their hotel upon their arrival. I was impressed.

This Paris trip a surprise for my wife. It would be the perfect place to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I decided to choose this hotel after reading the reviews of fellow reviewers. It was a good choice and did not regret about my choice. There was a discomfort during the first night because the hotel did not have any airconditioning (normally Paris hotels don't turn on their A/C during cold weather). We had a hard time sleeping because we had to open our windows and that we were given a 2nd floor room which was very close to the busy street. Cars, Buses and Trucks blow their horns the whole night. I had slept only for 3 hours in the early morning when i closed the window. But the next day, the Hotel had made necessary arrangements and they transferred us the the fourth floor and this time the hotel had turned on their A/C. The room was huge and it was quite now and feels like home. We were looking forward to an enjoyable stay at the hotel. We would like to thank the front office staff, named Laura, Remi, 2 Clements, and all the others are all so helpful and respectful. The staff at their breakfast lounge were all efficient and friendly too. I also met some Filipinos working there. Their names were Efren and Ronald. They made us feel at home too. Sir Efren went out of his way to help us with getting us a telephone cards so that we could call home at a cheaper rate.

The breakfast and afternoon tea at the lounge was exceptional and it feels like we were at an exclusive lounge normally offered at executive floors of premium hotels. All of these gave us a SMILE and that we would surely recommend your hotel to anyone.

Transportation to anywhere in Paris is a zip. The Metro is just a 100 steps away. The Champs Elysees is just a 5 minute walk. The Galleries Lafayette and Printemps is just a 3 to 4 stations away from the hotel station (no need to change). Stay at this hotel and i promise you that your SATISFACTION is GUARANTEED.

A WORD OF CAUTION: Upon landing at the airport, i immediately bought our museum passes and a carnet of transportation tickets from the Tourism Infomation counter. I had a bad experience there. The staff gave me a change from my purchase and i noticed afterwards that he gave me a 10peso Philippine Coin that appears like a 2euro coin. I was gyped and that i remember clearly that it was intentional because he insisted of giving me a change even if i said that i have exact coins to pay him. So be careful. Even if it is the TI counter.
For just 2euro coin, he still wanted to con an unsuspecting tourist. He asked me which country i came from. I think he wanted to make sure that i would not look at the coin he was giving me. May God bless his soul!

Thanks for reading this review.

Room Tip: Our room 401 is very quite and i heard that room 403 is a larger room. But i find our room better be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Le 123 Elysees - Astotel? Share your experiences!