“Good location Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Caumartin Opera - Astotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Caumartin Opera - Astotel to your Saves list
Hotel Caumartin Opera - Astotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Rue Caumartin | 9th Arr., 75009 Paris, France (Opéra)   |
Ranked #390 of 1,794 hotels in Paris

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The front desk receptionist “Rosi “ was so pleasant making us feel very welcome .
We arrived at 10.30am Rosi offered us Tea/coffee , our room would not be ready until 2pm but this was not a problem as Rosi took care of our luggage & provide us with a map and sent us off sightseeing . Thank you Rosi

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
manager_caumartin_75, Directeur général at Hotel Caumartin Opera - Astotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at the Hotel Caumartin Opera.

It is a pleasure to read that you greatly enjoyed your stay and the kindness of our staff! We shared these comments with her, which is an incredible source of motivation to her.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Kind regards,
cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I booked in this hotel mainly because of its location, and the reviews on tripadvisor, What really also encouraged me too is that the rate had breakfast included (I booked through hotel website) and the snack bar. The staff was really nice and the check in and the check out was very smooth and room very clean and size ok according to Paris standards. Around the hotel lots of small local restaurants. Would definitly come back...

Room Tip: Non smoking floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a smoking venue so if you have any concerns about living in a room that someone else smoked in, you don't want a room on the 4th or 5th floor of this hotel. The staff was nice and the location great but the smoke filled room was quite a surprize.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Actually I would rate the hotel 3,5 on the scale of 1 to 5 - mostly because of the room. All other aspects are worth giving at least 4 points. The location is great as already mentioned numerous times. The stuff is very friendly and helpful and they do try hard to make your stay good. Nice breakfast, good selection of food( not just a croissant and a jam as in many 3 star hotels in Paris), they can even make you a soft boiled egg if you do not like hard boiled eggs or make an omlette. But the room!!! Probably the twin/double rooms are better. I had a single room and have requested a quote room far away from the elevator on the time of booking. I am a light sleeper and quietness is extremely important for me.I have also sent an e-mail to the hotel asking to reconfirm that. Guess what- I got the room next to the elevator and I would hear the " do-dong" sound the elevator makes when arriving to my floor. ( not to mention I would hear people loading their luggage into the elevator, etc) The elevator itself is a bit of a trouble- it bounces once it starts moving and once it stops , which is very dangerous for the spinal cord, so I was using stairs whenever I could ( in spite of being pregnant)/ The room was small and rather basic, and the bathroom was tiny. I could not seat on the toilet straight as there was no room for the legs and had to seat across - that was awkward. Pity I do not have any pics , I did nto bring my camera with me. The bath tub glass shield was unbalanced and was constantly open so the water would come on the floor when I was taking a shower, which was very dangerous. I had to use the feet towel to wipe off the water- not hygienic at all!
Another strange thisn that keeped waking me up during the night- the buzz that would go off every 10-15 minutes. The sound was coming from the celing and did not depend on AC being turned on or off. Very annoying. I could not use the ear plugs as I head to listen to the alarm clock
The hotel is clean and safe, they do not offer any water in the room, but they offer some sofrtdrinks at the reception during the day. You can also get a cattle and an ironing board if needed. And they do have WI-FI but you have to log-in every time you start the computer( one log-in being valid for 24 hours).

The rack rate announced in the rooms is EUR232 per night- this hotel is definitely not work such a price. I paid EUR105 per night, but I feel it should be around EUR 70-75.

For 105 euro a night I would expect at least a mini-bar and some complimentary water in the room( and a decent bathroom). They do have air-con in summer( but you can not control direction of the airflow)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the back year ( but not the one ajacent to the elevator)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I did not expect much from a 3-star hotel in Paris. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It is located very conveniently, just 5 min walk from Vandome sq or Opera. The entrance is very modest, but the reception area is quite well appointed. The check in was very smooth and fast.
The room is not large, of course, but of very reasonable size, I can estimate is as 15 sq m. The bedding is of the highest quality you can expect from the tourist class property. There is a desk and a safe, LCD TV with a number of international channels.

The bathroom is quite large and doesn't leave to desire anything more. The towels are in good conditions and being changed daily regardless where you leave them. The hotel provides shampoo/bath gel.

A kettle and tea cups are provided on request, just ask the receptionist.

Wifi is very steady and fast, no problems at all and it's free. The only thing I didn't like is that they use 24hr authorization tickets to log in.

Breakfast is ok. Good coffe by hotel standards, fresh fruits, juices, cereals, omelette, eggs, sausages, yogurts, ham. It would be unfair to expect more from a 3-star hotel.

In general, I am very happy with the hotel and can say it is very good value for money.

What I didn't like:
after 3 days of stay they stopped giving the shampoo (complaining to the reception helped)
the maid entered the room with don't disturb sign while I had my breakfast
sometimes my bathroom filled with a cigarette smoke (I guess from the room downstairs)
the staff on the reception is polite but absolutely useless if you ask them anything like where to eat nearby or railway timetable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Caumartin Opera - Astotel? Share your experiences!