“First Trip to Paris = AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mayfair Paris

You added Hotel Mayfair Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Mayfair Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Rue Rouget de Lisle, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Ranked #471 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“First Trip to Paris = AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was our first visit to France and Hotel Mayfair made the trip unforgettable! The front desk staff could not have been nicer, as well as the young waiter in the dining room. The location was also incredible. The Louvre was only a few blocks from the hotel which was pretty amazing as well. I will definitely be sure to come back to this hotel. Thanks so much!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RedouaneYAHIAOUI, Operations Manager at Hotel Mayfair Paris, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for selecting our property and for taking time to write this very encouraging and positive review.

It is a pleasure to read that you fully enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Mayfair Paris.

We would also like to thank you for your very nice comments about the Hotel Mayfair Paris’ staff.

The satisfaction of all guests is a daily challenge and we are proud we’ve achieved this goal during your stay.

We are looking forward welcoming you back.

Operations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Spent 3 days at the hotel, and I would rate the room cleanliness and bathroom as both in good condition. However, I was trying to conduct business with the states and was charged 10 euro a night for wi fi connection. Since I was on the 6th floor, I could not connect into the wi fi and continuously had to spend several hours downstairs in the lounge to connect to the internet. It is relatively convenient to metro stops on the M1 line - but they are not right around the corner, so a little walking is required. If I was only being a tourist, then the hotel is fine. For business use, the Westin is only 3 blocks away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RedouaneYAHIAOUI, Operations Manager at Hotel Mayfair Paris, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for selecting our hotel and for taking time to write this review.

It is a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with your room during your stay.

We are sorry that the wireless was not optimal at that moment. Be sure that the company in charge has checked it now.

Please let me bring important information below to answer to some points of your review:
- The Metro station Line 1 is exactly 30 seconds from the Hotel Mayfair.
- The Internet access at the Hotel Westin is free in the lobby and is charged in the rooms.
- The Internet access at the Hotel Mayfair is free for guests who book in direct, by phone, by email, on the hotel’s official Facebook page or on the hotel’s official web site.
- The Internet access is free for companies who have a corporate agreement with the hotel.
- For guests who are not in the categories above, the Internet access is charged 10 Euros for 24 Hours and not only "one night" as specified in the review.

A little statistic to share with you and with our readers: around 60% of our guests are Corporate or Business guests and are fully satisfied with the Corporate Services the Hotel Mayfair Paris provides.

For your next stay, if you wish to stay again at the hotel, please contact us, we will make sure to propose to you a special offer.

Dear guest, thank you for your review that helps us improve our guest service.

Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Spent 3 days. Firstly I got double withdrawal from my card for one night rate guarantee. In email the hotel confirmed the second one is canceled. However when I was checking in the receptionist was trying to persuade me that double charge is impossible. Then she saw the bill and started apologizing. To be mentioned that the second transaction yet wasn't canceled;) in the evening when we were back from nice evening in Paris in positive mood we found out that receptionist lost our key. He said it was our fault and that we might had lost it ourselves and just forgot. He opened the room with master key without making sure we are hotel guests and said he doesn't know the solution of the problem. In the morning the other receptionist found the key and apologized. Finally at check out we were given someone else's luggage - that was too much and last drop indeed;) of course, we got champagne and aperitif from the hotel as a compliment. But I think you must know what to be ready for))the location is really great - central - walking distance to louvre, Lafayette, d'orsay, etc and the breakfast was quite fine for Paris. These 2 things are the only good news;)

Room Tip: 48 & 59 overlook the wall, avoid them))
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RedouaneYAHIAOUI, Operations Manager at Hotel Mayfair Paris, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Madame,

Thank you for selecting the hotel and for taking time to write this review.

The whole team is sorry for the issues encountered during your stay.

I confirm indeed that we were not efficient enough and did not service you as we should have.

We have of course debriefed to make sure to minimise this mistakes in the future.

Offering you Champagne and aperitifs was just a little gesture. We would like to go further and make you experience a positive and agreeable stay at the hotel.

Therefore; for your next stay, I would be honoured if you decide to stay again with us. If this is the case, please contact me directly for your reservation.

Lucerne, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

As a small business owner I want to personally thank a few members of the Hotel Mayfair's staff for refreshing my understanding of how to NOT treat one's customers. We had a horrible experience when checking out of this hotel. The hotel staff embarrassed us in front of other guest and we're insinuating we were cheap because of a mistake caused by their staff's own incompetence. I would advise anyone that is interested in staying at the Hotel Mayfair to find one of the many other options in Paris. We contacted a staff member on Monday to ask about bringing our child to stay Friday that week, I confirmed with the gentlemen that we wanted a room with breakfast (12 euros in advance), the gentleman told me he would respond that evening with a confirmation. Several hours went by and we called and spoke with the gentleman again and he reiterated he would send the confirmation. 24 hours past and we called again and we were assure once again we would get a confirmation for our Friday arrival. At this point we considered booking at two other establishments near the Mayfair, but unfortunately trusted the man's word and continued waiting. Finally, Wednesday (nearly 48 hours later) we received the confirmation. Unbeknownst to us the gentlemen mistakenly believed we didn't want breakfast, this detail was within an attachment in the email that we hadn't seen. Upon checking in no one advised us our breakfast was not included, upon ordering breakfast none of the staff informed us breakfast had not been included. Both of these practices are common in every other city in Europe, and even in other hotels I've stayed in Paris. At any rate, upon check out I noticed our bill included the wrong room charge and the full breakfast charge (25 Euros per person). I pointed out the mistake to the same gentleman I spoke with over the phone and his response was to tell me I ordered a room without breakfast. I was shocked and tried explaining to the man that it was a mistake in understanding and that I did indeed order breakfast with our stay. When challenged, raising his voice at me, I was able to on the spot quote the price of the room on line and that he quoted me with breakfast without checking and they still said the issue was MY mistake. After arguing repeatedly for a half an hour with the male staff member and his boss, including several comments that indicated we were just "cheap Americans" trying to rip them off they finally relented and gave us the same price I was quoted BEFORE I booked. I would have rated my stay a four or five prior to this experience yet the whole situation was so embarrassing and flat out rude, that I am giving this establishment a 1 in place of a zero that I can not give. I will never stay at this hotel again, what a horrible way to treat ones CUSTOMERS. I will definitely contact the GM and complain about the two horrible staff members I interacted with, they should be terminated if the hotel plans on maintaining future guest. If you want to experience embarrassment and harassment at 350 euros per night this is the place for you, otherwise stay at one of the thousand of other options in Paris where you will be treated with respect and grace.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Readers and Guests,

The inquiry made in the hotel, with the staff and the management, about this case, has not given the same elements and facts that are written in this review.

Therefore, it has been decided not to answer directly to the writer.

With a total note of 4.5/5 on Trip Advisor, it is reasonable to consider that service is one the hotel’s strength.

The whole staff is dedicated to guests’ comfort and always willing to service them.

We thank you for your trust and confidence.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

After a bad experience with an 'apartment rental' we packed up after our first night stay in Paris and headed over to the Hotel Mayfair. Weary and blurry eyed, we ambled in to the lobby, heavy luggage in tow only to be greeted with a warm smile and greeting from Clara (believe that was her name). We had made a last minute reservation the night before knowing we would not be spending our stay in the apartment. Clara was wonderful and very hospitable. She knew we had started on the wrong foot in Paris and she was bound and determined to take the load off upon our arrival at Hotel Mayfair. While it was only 9 am in the morning (way before check in time), she asked us to wait a few mins a she thought there was a room opening up. Next thing we know she was escorting us up to our upgraded Jr. Suite. It was a magnificent room with a wonderful view of Jardin Des Tulieries. Everything about the hotel is great. The rooms are spotless, beds tremendously comfy, bathrooms roomy. AC worked beautifully. Only issue was no wash cloth in the bathroom or top sheets on the bed but that I believe is simply European style. It was no big deal. Helpful wonderful staff that always greeted you with a warm smile. The fact that we did not speak French was never an issue, both at the hotel and throughout the city. The people were wonderful, friendly and were a big part of our amazing 5 days in Paris. Thank you Hotel Mayfair! We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for selecting our property and for taking time to write this review.

It is such a pleasure to read that you have spent five nights at the Hotel Mayfair Paris and that you were fully satisfied with our hotel, our staff and our services during this long stay.

In five nights you obviously experienced a lot of the Mayfair’s identity and ambiance; discovered and used majority of our services and met almost all our staff!

Yes indeed, Clara, who took care of your check-in, is a member of the Front Office Team. I have of course transmitted your nice words to her; she is honored and sends you her regards.

This long stay and this interaction with our staff and services make your review even more accurate, important and encouraging for us.

Your experienced traveler and senior contributor status on Trip Advisor emphasizes our efforts to provide quality service and memorable stays to our guests.

The satisfaction of all our guests is very important to us and we are proud that we have achieved this goal during your stay.

“Merci Beaucoup” for your review.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The location is superb ! So close to Rue du Rivoli, by the Tuilleries Gardens, near The Louvre !!! The best possible place to visit the "crème de la crème" of central Paris. The hotel has a delightful air of a traditional urban house, - elegant but also unassuming. The rooms are good, well decorated, but nothing too much or too fussy. Just this: very good, everything ever so correct ! The price is not extorsive ( as things in Paris usually are, I'm afraid). The personnel is friendly, discreet, - and everybody keeps a smile in their faces all the time. I enjoyed so much my stay there because in that place - the hotel - I could go to the Louvre everyday, as if I were na art student having a course in Paris !

Room Tip: Try the rooms that have the outer balconies: the view is nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for selecting our property and for taking time to write this very positive review.

It is a pleasure to read that you really enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Mayfair Paris.

Thank you for your compliments about the hotel and about the decoration that you have appreciated.

And thank you especially for your very nice and positive words about our staff.

We believe our staff is our major strength and your review and opinion are very encouraging and comforting.

The whole team sends you the best regards from Paris to Rio de Janeiro.

Ra'anana, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Mayfair in Pairs. The staff are so friendly and helpful. We had a superior room on the 6th floor which was clean and comfortable. The staff at the reception desk were able to recommend restaurants in the vicinity and were able to make reservations. The breakfast room has a choice of items from the A la Carte menu, alternatively continental or full buffet breakfast. Food was fresh and beautifully presented, with reasonable prices too. Location is very central, close to the Concord Metro station, the Louvre, the Orangerie, the Rodin museum etc.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are a little larger and worth extra cost.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madame,

Thank you for your compliments about the hotel and in particular for your positive feedback about the breakfast.

Following our guests’ comments, we have improved breakfast offer and content and your appreciation is a reward. We are delighted you loved the Mayfair’s breakfast.

We would also like to thank you for your very nice and positive words about our staff.

Operations Manager.

Been to Hotel Mayfair Paris? Share your experiences!