“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #213 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Dacula, Georgia
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The staff was courteous, friendly, attentive, and very helpful. From previous reviews, I was expecting to stay in a closet. What a surprise to have a beautiful room. The room had 3 closets. The robes were not the thin ones that most hotels offer. They were thick and luxurious. Our bed was very comfy. Only negatives, no free wifi and no complimentary lounge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

768 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is my second review of this wonderful hotel, whose guest service team has made our trip seamless and fabulous. Last year we stayed at the Renaissance for the first time. The hotel is beautifully decorated and built for comfort. The rooms are small by American standards, but normal for European standards. The design of the rooms uses space efficiently. The spa and indoor pool are beautiful. The breakfast buffet at the hotel is spectacular
. The location of the hotel is exactly what one would wish for, close to attractions and museums.
It is located in the fashion district, so it's a great place for anyone who comes to Paris on a shopping stint. (I love to buy perfumes at the Fragonard store a few blocks from the hotel).
Now, to get down to business, the highlight of my stay, was the wonderful guest services provided by the staff at the hotel.
If you are a returning guest, it is amazing that the staff make it their business to remember your likes, dislikes, and special needs. In fact, they have weekly meetings. They discuss ways to enhance their guests' experience.
For, example, I am Jewish, and my husband and I are sabbath observant. Arrangements were made to heat up our kosher sabbath meal and serve it to us in our room. We were provided with a table with a white tablecloth and napkins. This helped to make our sabbath so special.
Everyone from the guest services team treated us like valued friends. Upon arrival, at 8am, Vikash welcomed us personally. He actually checked us into the hotel while I remained sitting on the couch in the hotel lobby, I was absolutely exhausted and jet lagged. Since our room wasn't ready so early, Vikash invited us to have breakfast in the restaurant while we waited. When our room was ready, he came to the breakfast buffet to notify us.
Now here's where you will see why the guest services are what makes the Renaissence superior to any other hotel that I have stayed in. We had purchased railroad tickets for travel to Marseille. The tickets were accidentally left at home, my husband brought the manifest thinking they were Etickets. At around four o'clock in the afternoon, we got a telephone call to the room. It was Vikash. The hotel guest services had been making calls to the travel services that had issued our tickets(in the US), but we're told that the tickets couldn't be regenerated. They suggested that we go to the train station to speak to the head controller. Vikash called to tell us that he was getting off work, and that he would go with us to the train station since we didn't speak French and would have problems communicating. He went with us to the train station and asked about four different employees finally speaking with the controller, who told us that we would have to purchase new tickets. (Last minute tickets would have cost around $500 for the two of us. When we returned to the hotel we called my son who sent us our tickets via federal express, and Pauline the night time guest services manager kept checking the tracking until we finally received the tickets literally 5 minutes before we had to leave for the train station. I looked for my phone to call my son to tell him that we had the tickets and realized that I had left my purse in a restaurant the evening before. We called the restaurant, but they were closed. Now what to do, I had to travel to Marseille, since I was flying to Israel early next morning. I couldn't wait for the restaurant to open. Once again, Vikash came to our rescue. He went to the restaurant and brought my purse to the hotel where it was stored in the hotel safe.upon my arrival to Marseille, Edgard, the head of guest services called to tell us they had my purse.
The last week of our trip, which was really the highlight, we returned to Paris to the Renaissence. It was like coming home. Edgard welcomed us personally, and helped us plan our activities, steering us away from expensive unnecessary tours. David and Steven from the concierge helped us with suggestions and directions and recommendations for kosher restaurants.
Before our trip, Marie Caroline worked hard to find us a kosher caterer. She researched tours and prices for me, and pre ordered museum passes.
Our nephew, who is working in the Israeli embassy in Paris took us touring. Edgard was nice enough to allow us to invite Danny and his family to visit us and to swim in the pool. The kids had a wonderful time.
I can't say enough how much the wonderful team at the Renaissence made our stay so perfect. I will never forget their kindness! Although my nephew has invited us to visit and stay in his beautiful apartment on the Trocadero next summer, I am still planning to spend a few nights at my Paris home away from home so that I can visit my friends at the Renaissence Paris Vendome!

Room Tip: Don't order a cab from the hotel. They turn on the meter as soon as they get the call and it ca...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We spent a week at the hotel this summer and had one of the best experiences ever. Yes, the location is perfect, the rooms are gorgeous, the pool is ridiculously nice, and everything is wonderful.

But...what sets this hotel apart from any that we've stayed in is the team of young people that run the place. They are the brightest, happiest, most capable, and the most attentive group of hotel professionals that we've ever experienced. They work together like a ballet troupe. With seamless precision, they manage every detail in front of them. From restaurant recommendations (that nail it) to helping with problems (we left cash in a room safe in Amsterdam and they managed the return of it), this team is unbeatable. They make this hotel great.

Special shout-outs to the amazing and beautiful Zahra, Steven the wonder concierge, Mohammed (who walked us to a restaurant so we wouldn't get lost) and everyone at the front desk. We will return to this hotel without fail.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Woodridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel was fine and for us, much better than the Marriott on Champs Elysee (our other choice). The reason we liked this hotel is that we were able to walk from this hotel to everything we wanted to see. We walked to the Louvre, Notre Dame, Arc DeTriomphe, Eiffel, Rue de Cler. Further, we found a treasure trove of bistros within 2 blocks of the hotel were we could walk down the street and examine menus of at least 12 bistros. Note: we were not interested in the 'fine dinning' (and prices to go along) but rather the more French casual bistro. The food was excellent by the way. For location, this is the plce.

Besides, it was a couple block off the main street which gave us quiet.

The staff was great, most of the time... on par with most Marriott hotels. The front desk was terrific and helpful. I did notice they had to put up with a few ugly Americans so be patient, be polite and you will be treated accordingly.

The breakfast staff was OK, not great. Then again, it is buffet. We preferred not sitting way in back, where the service station was.. noisy. The prices were really high although we did not pay for breakfast (Platinum guests receive full buffet breakfast). Made to order omelettes... wonderful. A larger breakfast and out for the day was our pattern.

We did walk into the Marriott near the Arc on Champs Elysee. Much more impressive entrance and lobby. Beautiful in fact. However, we were in Paris to do the 'tourist things' and the location of this hotel was a LONG ways from the Louvre, Notre Dame, etc. While less impressive, the Renaissance was clean, quiet, safe, pleasant.

Room Tip: We were on a higher floor but paid for an upgrade (on top of our 160,000 points). The room was fine...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for a week of vacationing in Paris with day trips to Normandy, Champagne and Chateaux Thierry. The rooms are small by American standards, but large for being located in this section of Paris where space is a premium. The location was perfect for seeing the Paris sites. The rates are high, but you get the service you are paying for. The concierge and hotel staff were extremely helpful and did everything we asked (information, tickets, arranging car service, postage, etc.). The concierge even helped us make a dream come true. My husband is a former Marine who discovered while we were there that the famous battle of Belleau Wood is about 1.5 hours from Paris. Belleau Wood is "in the sticks" as they say on Paris so getting there on a national holiday was a challenge. The concierge lined up a car service to take us there and handled all the details. The Belleau Wood experience was priceless, and one we will never forget! Do take advantage of buying museum tickets from the hotel to avoid waiting in a long line. You will still have to wait in line, but it will be much shorter than the ticket line. Also, if you are Platinum, the breakfast is included (otherwise 30 euro). It is a great selection of food so take advantage of the breakfast. I would definitely stay here again! The front desk and most of the staff is fluent in French and English.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in X14 and X15 are on the outside and a bit quieter. Ask for a room facing the interior...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

expensive but worth it to be smack dab in the middle of the city without being on a busy street, with a cool coffee/tea bar with sweet treats available daily --- we really enjoyed the irish pub across the street

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The hotel was well situated to all attractions and transit. The rooms were spacious and quiet. Energy efficient lights went on and off as you entered and left the room. There was complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby. There was a library to sit and read the papers. Little bar off of the lobby was open in the evenings.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Paris Vendome? Share your experiences!