“2 nights in Paris” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,303 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Ipoh, Malaysia
“2 nights in Paris”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed here early May 2013 following the Expat Tour. We have a room for 4 person, it maybe a bit small for 4 person as we all have a big luggage each however overall we still happy with the room. We have a big queen size bed which is comfortable to have a good rest but 2 of my friends take the 2 single beds which is not so comfy to sleep as it is those add on bed to the rooms. It will be nicer if they can have a 2 queen size beds room!!
The bathroom is a superb! it is wide and spacious! You can do your morning exercise in it!! The bathroom is clean and the toiletries provide are sufficient enough. They even provide body lotion ^_^

We stay at 1st floor so we dont have much prob waiting for lift to carry our luggage to room. We did try to use the lift when check out time...hmmm... it was a bit slow and small as well. It can only fit 4 luggage and 3 adults.

Wifi is provided. Overall, it is ok for whatsapping and Viber call. Though may not be stable all the time but I still can give it a 80 marks.

The breakfast is typical continental American breakfast. However, you are in France so their croissant will never fail you if you cant find any nice food suit your taste bud. I like their pork sausages as well. Overall, we do enjoy our breakfast before heading into Paris.

Any negative side??
For me, I would say the location is kinda far from Paris city. Especially if you come back late, you really need to rush to catch the last train and bus to Forest Hill, or else, you need to take a taxi from city to the hotel and this will be quite costly!
For example, you need to spare about 1 hour to go out from hotel to Montmontre. From hotel you need to take bus to Pont De Sevres station then get down at Miromesnil interchange to Place De Clincy Station in order to go to Montmontre.

Last but not least, never try to look for IKEA sign when you are taking bus back to Hotel! IKEA off their lights and we are wondering is it IKEA already shut down!??? In fact, just look for the Forest Hill as it is big and the light is bright enough to catch your eyes at night :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a regular business trveller and have stayed a couple of time in this Hotel. I found it met all my needs without being over pretentious. The rooms I had were not not large, perfectly adequate for 1, maybe a bit cosy for a couple. They are reasonably well furnished, with a comfortable bed, TV with a good choice of stations, a good desk and plenty of lighting.. The bathroom was also to a good modern standard, very clean and equiped with most toiletries. The bed was comfortable and no problems with traffic noise at night. On one of my nights there was large group of Japanes tourists on my floor who rather too obviously had an early flight to catch!

My package included breakfast, which was to a reasonable standard. Its a help yourself all you can eat buffet, with the usual cold offerings including cereals, cold meats etc plus hot bacon, saussages and eggs.

There is a steak restaurant called Hippopotamus. It is good food at reasonable prices but always very busy - see separate review. There are a couple of alternatives over the main moptorway in the Velizy shopping centre, but not much else in the locality.

I always arrived by Taxi fom Orly airport. No taxi driver had ever heard of it! So make sure you know where you are going. It is Meudon-Velizy.

The staff were couteous, professional and reasonably efficient many spoke good english.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed in February 2013, and am a regular business traveller. The hotel room was tiny! I am not a tall person 5'8" and even my feet hung over the bottom of the bed - and this was a double room. It was possible - just - to edge around the bed without scraping against the wall.

When I mentioned the size of the room to reception I was told "but this is a regular size room".

If you are over 5'6" tall DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed February 2013
Mons, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay for one night at this hotel and have to say the staff were very professional and helpful, I thought the room itself was small, the Air Conditioner didnt work at first and had a maintenance guy come in my room to fix it but dragged his muddy foot prints all over the carpet. There was also no free Breakfast, 11 Euros for breakfast is way to much! I know its paris, but for a Crosaint and coffee, Thats crazy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
w.midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for two nights for a sightseeing trip to paris. We found the hotel to be just what we needed with a clean bed, room and bathroom as we only really slept there and was out all day. The breakfast was quite good with scrambled eggs and bacon and sausages also continental and fresh fruits and yoghurts just enough really. We did eat in the restaurant attached to hotel and found it to be friendly and clean with fixed price menus we only had burger and chips but that was good. We ate out in paris rest of the time but people were eating all different things and it all looked good they spoke and understood english very well. We would return to this hotel as a good base to stay and sight see. It is not a holiday hotel as such but would suit a short break or a business trip. Paris itself is a beautiful place this was our 5th time and each time we see something new ! it is a place everyone should go at least once but you will return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Senec, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed for 1 night on Business. Location was why I stayed here, right next to my Customer.
Quick checkin, lifts were slow so the stairs were the best option. Hippo restaurant attached to the hotel was very busy so service intermittent. Good breakfast, the closest you could get to English bacon I think. Free wifi in room worked Ok but colleague couldnt get a signal so check when you checkin.
Hotel seems to be a stopover for coachtrips from the UK so there maybe big groups staying but they seem to have their own breakfast area.
Its quite a way from central Paris and not near any RER/Metro so I would only recommend it if you have a car or are going somewhere local.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

stayed 3 nights on a harry shaw coach holiday in october this year. the hotel location was good for being taken into paris and versailles by coach. the special menus in the restaurant were good value. can recommend the 22.50 euro dinner,3 courses +sangria,wine and coffee.the resturant was always full but worth waiting for a table. the staff were helpful cannot fault the hotel.there is a shopping centre a few minutes walk away ,over a busy road. no tea making facilities in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Forest Hill Paris Meudon? Share your experiences!