“Too bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Paris Champs Elysees

Save Saved
You added Mercure Paris Champs Elysees to your Saves list
Mercure Paris Champs Elysees
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Rue Lauriston | 16th Arr., 75116 Paris, France (Passy)   |
Ranked #1,077 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

No parking - and it is quite a challenge to find a place in the street to park
There were doing some works in the lobby and the entrance/reception of the hotel did not really look like a 400 Euros hotel entrance.
Breakfast was served in the rooms, and you could see the breakfast trays in the corridor in the morning....did not look nice.
Else the room we got was nice and clean, the sleep quality was good too...
I would probably not stay there anymore if i am going to Paris again...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chateaugiron, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Although I was upgraded (after waiting 1/2 hour for the receptionist to address problems with other guests), I still think this place is overpriced. The room I got was fine, but too noisy (I could follow discussions in the next door room, and this is not acceptable for 200€+ in a back street of Paris.

Room Tip: get the top floor rooms, at least you're not bothered by the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Albury, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a double room (a garden room) which was out the back past the workman and their materials etc. The room was well furnished and a usual (good) Mecure standard. The room was very small as is usual for Paris, the location was excellent and the staff were pleasant and helpful. I am sure that once the renovations are completed it will be worth visiting however at the moment their is no breakfast room - delivered to the room and it does not have the feel of a restful, calming hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I would like to bring to your notice that room was cramped , toilet & bath area was too tight.
TV Charges shocked me as normal TV was chargeable.AC WAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. I think I was wrong in thinking that I have chosen a good hotel like Mercure but it made me uneasy rather than relaxing in my business visit.
I will never would believe on Mercure displayed photos on net.
It was wrong decision I must say

Room Tip: Rooms at back could be better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CHAMPSELY, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Champs Elysees, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest
I would like first to apologize for your stay which was not at your expectation.
The size of the room depends on the architecture however we have some different types of room.
Photos on website represent all the services we can provide as all Mercure Hotel are different.
I have transmitted your remarks to the technical department, be assured that all correctives measures have been taken to ensure that quality levels meets your expectation and earns your trust for a next stay with us.
Looking forward to welcome you shortly.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Really disappointing stay at the Mercure Champs Élysées. Not helped by the refurb underway, but the rooms were extremely small, service non existent and the prices sky high (260 euro for basic room).

There have to be far better ways to spend 200+ euro in Paris, or equivalent hotels at half the price.

I strongly suggest shopping around.

• Stayed September 2012
CHAMPSELY, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Champs Elysees, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest
First of all I do apologize for your stay which was not at your expectation.
Be assured that all the necessary correctives measures have already been taken to ensure that quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust for a next stay with us.
We have renovation works for lobby, patio and breakfast room in order to provide more comfort
and service quality in the future.
We inform all the guest about this renovation at the booking and check in.
The size of the room depends on the architecture however we have different type of room.
We propose room service for the breakfast in order to continue to provide this service.
We provide also baggage handler to help the guest.
I am still remaining at your disposal if you need to make some details remark and I hope to welcome you another time after the renovation to make the difference.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Terrible experience with my family after 6 nights in this poor quality hotel. No service, no lift, no one to assist you during night period. We lost our money, paying 212 Euros a night staying in this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CHAMPSELY, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Champs Elysees, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I do apologize for the stay you spent wich was not good experience.
Also we inform you that lobby, Reception and Breakfast will be renovating during the summer and 2 disabled rooms.
Be assured that the necessary correctives measures have been taken and we hope to welcome you another time in Paris.
I am still remaining at your disposal for any information.
Virginie KETTERING
Front Office Manager
Global
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

As others have said, the location of the hotel is wonderful. ATM, a small store to buy water and yogurt, a manicure salon, and restaurants are all close to the property. The staff have been fine. The room is small, and the air conditioning has not been working well. There is a sign saying that they are renovating -- but it has not impacted my stay. The carpets are old. It feels a bit cramped, and stuffy...Things are clean, and that is important.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CHAMPSELY, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Champs Elysees, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay in our hotel.
We have different type of room and we are renovating the lobby, the reception and the breakfast room this summer. Also we have changed our air conditionning system.
We hope to welcome you after this refurbunishment .

Best regards

General manager

Been to Mercure Paris Champs Elysees? Share your experiences!